PDA

View Full Version : SOUND: Wireless or some of it wired

PatriotRider
10-03-2015, 02:03 PM
I'm running through my head what I want sound to be on my machine. What I was using on my FJR was a J&M CB with a ampli-rider plugged into it's one aux input. the ampli-rider has 3 outputs, amplified, with a volume control and filters. They are not prioritized as in all are "on" at all times...none switch out, they talk over each other. The J&M does put the CB as priority over any aux input.
And there were wires seemingly going everwhere.

http://electric-avenues.com/amplirider/

my 3 devices are music device (mp3/ipod), zumo GPS, and Adaptix Radar Detector. This was setup years ago as a completely wired system...wired headsets, expensive J&M equipment, yada yada...

so now all the good stuff about the Sena's brings up decisions for my Spyder. Certainly want wireless headsets. Want CB, Passenger Intercom, controllable music from ipod or mp3.
Want Zumo GPS directions and Radar Detector warning.

I did/do like my 3 devices being without priority as before...I just adjusted each device's volume in relation to the others the way I wanted. Radar Detector loudest, Zumo medium, music quieter.

May not be mandatory for all of it going to the passenger, but that question is low priority.

maybe mixing wired with wireless would assemble a system with the most attractive features

comment, advice, your experience ? TIA

Motorcycledave
10-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Hi Dave here
I can help you with all that, give me a call 209-887-3283 ... 7 days a week
9:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific time.
Dave

I'm running through my head what I want sound to be on my machine. What I was using on my FJR was a J&M CB with a ampli-rider plugged into it's one aux input. the ampli-rider has 3 outputs, amplified, with a volume control and filters. They are not prioritized as in all are "on" at all times...none switch out, they talk over each other. The J&M does put the CB as priority over any aux input.
And there were wires seemingly going everwhere.

http://electric-avenues.com/amplirider/

my 3 devices are music device (mp3/ipod), zumo GPS, and Adaptix Radar Detector. This was setup years ago as a completely wired system...wired headsets, expensive J&M equipment, yada yada...

so now all the good stuff about the Sena's brings up decisions for my Spyder. Certainly want wireless headsets. Want CB, Passenger Intercom, controllable music from ipod or mp3.
Want Zumo GPS directions and Radar Detector warning.

I did/do like my 3 devices being without priority as before...I just adjusted each device's volume in relation to the others the way I wanted. Radar Detector loudest, Zumo medium, music quieter.

May not be mandatory for all of it going to the passenger, but that question is low priority.

maybe mixing wired with wireless would assemble a system with the most attractive features

comment, advice, your experience ? TIA