PDA

View Full Version : Front Frunk Opening 2015 RT Ltd

spydertrike
10-02-2015, 05:28 AM
Have a question

On the 2015 RT Ltd, are you able to open the front frunk while the bike is running ? I heard you can push the key down and turn it left while bike is running.
I know there was an electric switch on other years but that is no longer on the 2015.

Thanks

JayBros
10-02-2015, 06:29 AM
Try it and see; nothing to lose! I can open the frunk any time I want with the key on my '14, running or not. You might consider having a vallet key made too. Search SL for unchipped key.

Trbayth
10-02-2015, 06:36 AM
You might consider having a vallet key made too. Search SL for unchipped key.

That's not a valet key. A valet key is so that the valet parking your car can start the engine and move the car but can't get into your locked trunk or glove box or other storage area.

Since I don't know of any garage or parking lot that would park your Spyder for you (and honestly, who would let them?) I don't see the value of a "valet" key for a Spyder.

Bob Denman
10-02-2015, 06:48 AM
The bike will remain running... :thumbup:
Push DOWN on the key; before starting to turn it counter-clockwise.
(It's kind of easy to start turning the key, before it's been pushed in...)

jcthorne
10-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Yes, this works on a 2015 RT.

Chupaca
10-02-2015, 10:38 AM
you can open the frunk and the the seat with the engine running by pushing down on the key and turning it. The earlier models with the switch you could open the frunk but still had to use the key for the seat...:thumbup:

JayBros
10-02-2015, 11:49 AM
That's not a valet key. A valet key is so that the valet parking your car can start the engine and move the car but can't get into your locked trunk or glove box or other storage area.

Since I don't know of any garage or parking lot that would park your Spyder for you (and honestly, who would let them?) I don't see the value of a "valet" key for a Spyder.

Thanks. I should have been more explicit about having an emergency key to unlock the Spyder if the chipped key inadvertently gets put in a locked compartment.

Cavman
10-02-2015, 02:13 PM
I have had blank keys made for my Spyders so I could get into the rear trunk. I got tired of turning the bike off to unlock the trunk and then re-starting it.

Ace Hardware will cut a key blank, if you bring one in, for free.

JayBros
10-02-2015, 02:38 PM
I have had blank keys made for my Spyders so I could get into the rear trunk. I got tired of turning the bike off to unlock the trunk and then re-starting it.

Ace Hardware will cut a key blank, if you bring one in, for free.

Ilco X270. Had to hunt around a bit. Once you have it cut, you must bevel the edges as in the picture so you can push it into the ignition switch far enough to unlock the frunk.