PDA

View Full Version : Fuse block installation.

GunDoctor
10-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Can anyone recommend a fuse block so I can have a place to install my accessories before I get further than my battery tender which has already maxed out my battery terminals.

Gunner3773
10-01-2015, 05:16 PM
This is what I used on my Valkyrie Interstate:

http://www.fuzeblocks.com/

What I like about it was that it contained terminals that were only hot when the ignition was on and terminals that were hot all of the time. A little spendy but, as usual, you get what you pay for. Worked great for me.

Gunner

retread
10-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Eastern Beaver PC-8, it has 6 switched and 2 unswitched circuits and there are different length harnesses with relay set ups available.

john

coz
10-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Nice piece. No problems with mine , ever.

MCML
10-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Fuzeblock FZ1

I have used for years on two wheel bike without a problem. Each fuse location has three receptors. Middle and one side = on/off with ignition. Middle and other = unswitched/always hot. Change at will simply by pulling out blade fuse and putting it back using the other slots.

GunDoctor
10-01-2015, 08:16 PM
This is what I used on my Valkyrie Interstate:

http://www.fuzeblocks.com/

What I like about it was that it contained terminals that were only hot when the ignition was on and terminals that were hot all of the time. A little spendy but, as usual, you get what you pay for. Worked great for me.

Gunner

Where is the terminal connection for the battery? Sorry, I don't really get these.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Gunner3773
10-01-2015, 09:17 PM
The pos and neg from the battery come into the top of the fuze block. Also, the trigger for the switched terminals comes in with those wires. If you had it in your hand, you would see how it all works and it would make sense. I affixed mine to the Valkyrie's tool storage area behind the battery with heavy duty velcro. You would also run your battery tender leads into the unswitched side of the fuze block. It really does take care of all your power for your accessories.

Gunner

SPYDERGUY1
10-01-2015, 10:18 PM
Can anyone recommend a fuse block so I can have a place to install my accessories before I get further than my battery tender which has already maxed out my battery terminals.

I put mine under the dash panel, think it was from ESI, think they changed their name, have most my accessories hooked up there and still room for more, altho I am done with farklels. It was/is a very nice set up and easy to work with/access. Good luck.