PDA

View Full Version : Vibration, not good ones either

Mazo EMS2
09-30-2015, 06:04 PM
After a 1000 mile trip last wknd I started to feel a new, and fairly rough vibration down around my feet, notably on the left side. I called my dealer and I got the run-around when I asked for ideas. I suggested that I suspected the belt alignment and tension and asked the service guy's opinion. He says "well you should really bring it in so we can look it all over". "You can drop it and we'll get to it in the next week or two"............Grrrrr. I asked if he could possibly just check the tension and alignment if I brought it in, and of course got the whole shpeel again. I took it upon myself to just go out and start making minor adjustments. Low and behold, a few adjustments and test rides later, and it rides smoother than it ever has, and the belt is no longer running over tight on the right side of the sprocket. Of course I'll keep an eye on it, but jeez, you'd think I asked for a major operation. I suspect that after I changed the tire earlier this summer that the left side tensioner got turned a bit without me realizing it while I was putting it back together.
Always learning about this Spyder thing. :yes:

GeorgiaBill
09-30-2015, 06:10 PM
Let me be the first to say 'Well Done'.

MouthPiece
09-30-2015, 06:11 PM
My dealer, Seminole Power Sports, in Sanford, Florida, would have said bring it on down, Chris, and we'll take a look. It's hard to imagine dealers that won't take the time to support their customers.
Mine sure does.

Chris

BajaRon
09-30-2015, 07:57 PM
After a 1000 mile trip last wknd I started to feel a new, and fairly rough vibration down around my feet, notably on the left side. I called my dealer and I got the run-around when I asked for ideas. I suggested that I suspected the belt alignment and tension and asked the service guy's opinion. He says "well you should really bring it in so we can look it all over". "You can drop it and we'll get to it in the next week or two"............Grrrrr. I asked if he could possibly just check the tension and alignment if I brought it in, and of course got the whole shpeel again. I took it upon myself to just go out and start making minor adjustments. Low and behold, a few adjustments and test rides later, and it rides smoother than it ever has, and the belt is no longer running over tight on the right side of the sprocket. Of course I'll keep an eye on it, but jeez, you'd think I asked for a major operation. I suspect that after I changed the tire earlier this summer that the left side tensioner got turned a bit without me realizing it while I was putting it back together.
Always learning about this Spyder thing. :yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eab_beh07HU

Mazo EMS2
09-30-2015, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eab_beh07HU

It was inevitible.......Yup, those would be them...LOL

Chupaca
09-30-2015, 08:18 PM
well done..:2thumbs: sorry your dealer could not even take a look at it. check your tension and alignment take a minute or two. Doing the adjustment longer but at least they could tell you. Glad you dealt with it as you did....:thumbup: