PDA

View Full Version : Laser alignment warning

kkcrew89
09-30-2015, 01:26 PM
13 RT LIMITED I went East Tennessee ATV which is also a spyder dealer that advertises that they do the laser alignment. We they made the steering worse and put 45 lbs of air in the back tire and involved them working on it from 1pm till 6:30PM . DO NOT TAKE YOUR SPYDER THERE. Now I will have to take it to a different dealer to try and have it done right. What was $150 will cost me another $150.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

ARtraveler
09-30-2015, 01:33 PM
13 RT LIMITED I went East Tennessee ATV which is also a spyder dealer that advertises that they do the laser alignment. We they made the steering worse and put 45 lbs of air in the back tire and involved them working on it from 1pm till 6:30PM . DO NOT TAKE YOUR SPYDER THERE. Now I will have to take it to a different dealer to try and have it done right. What was $150 will cost me another $150.

I note that you are a first time poster. :welcome:

EDIT: The other side of the story appears on page 2 of this thread. At first glance things appeared in one direction. Dealer has replied with their side of the story.

This particular dealer has proven to have a good reputation, so that must be taken into consideration.

Lesson: Quick replies without all the facts--not good.

See post #37 from the dealer--:yikes:

kkcrew89
09-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Your right I had 28 lbs in the tire before I left home to go there. They admitted they had used the same laser on a slingshot before we got there. Avoid them at all cost. Due to them putting 45lbs in the back tire I will not let them touch my spyder again.

Bob Denman
09-30-2015, 01:43 PM
:shocked: If there's a bright side to this...

...It's best that you found it out now. :banghead:
Good luck with finding a shop that can do it right; it makes a heckuva difference in how the bikes handle! :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
09-30-2015, 02:15 PM
That is awful. Come on out to Las Vegas and we will get you squared away.

Chupaca
09-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Really out there. They should check your rear wheel alignment via belt runout and set you tire pressure to what you ryde with before they do the alignment. It should not take more than an hour...hope they reset your sensors with buds or you will have other issues...:gaah:

motoswami
09-30-2015, 09:31 PM
[Ann:

Do you know of any good shops a little closer to us south-east types than Vegas?

Seriously.

Anyone had good luck anywhere near northeast Georgia? I'm looking for some recommendations.

Pete, in Alto, GA

QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;1043526]That is awful. Come on out to Las Vegas and we will get you squared away.[/QUOTE]

Gray Ghost
09-30-2015, 10:09 PM
[Ann:

Do you know of any good shops a little closer to us south-east types than Vegas?

Seriously.

Anyone had good luck anywhere near northeast Georgia? I'm looking for some recommendations.

Pete, in Alto, GA

QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;1043526]That is awful. Come on out to Las Vegas and we will get you squared away.[/QUOTE]

I am not Ann, but you can find lists of dealers and independents by going to www.spydercomfort.com/dealers

SpyderAnn01
09-30-2015, 11:19 PM
[Ann:

Seriously.

Pete, in Alto, GA

I think Doc Humphreys might be in your area.

pitzerwm
09-30-2015, 11:51 PM
I think Doc Humphreys might be in your area.[/QUOTE]

It's doc Riverside. Here is his web page: http://spyderlaseralignmentplusbuds.com/davecochran.shtml

Bfromla
10-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Sounds like you ran into a rookie dealer or a rookie alignment person. 45# of rear tire pressure is a red flag clue that something is not right. The rear tire is not a part of the alignment that I know of though. ????

I note that you are a first time poster. :welcome: & thats just the info you know of:yikes:. They had bike that long,no telling whayelse they may have accidently done:banghead:. Try to stick with certified dealers & ones you have info on. If stuck out on trip is whole nother situation. Glad they stopped @45 & didnt blow your tire. Would be good idea to have techs give a good look over for rookie mistakes & such befor you put on too many miles.

Jbax
10-02-2015, 12:44 PM
[Ann:

Seriously.

Pete, in Alto, GA

You could move to Missouri to get closer to Pit Bull I am lucky just about two and half hours away from the best

kkcrew89
10-02-2015, 01:38 PM
No I am in Ohio so I'm going to try my luck at Jackson Ohio. Hopefully this time it will turn out to be a good experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Synthetic
10-02-2015, 07:17 PM
You could move to Missouri to get closer to Pit Bull I am lucky just about two and half hours away from the best[/QUOTE]

I'm really lucky....15 minutes from Pitbull

kkcrew89
10-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Well hopefully Jackson will turn out good. If not I'm back to the drawing board.

PatriotRider
10-02-2015, 07:36 PM

I'm sorry this happened and glad you caught it quickly

assuming you charged the payment for service on a credit card,
dispute it and push to refuse to pay for such unsatisfactory service

good luck

Frankie C
10-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Just got full service and a laser alignment at Ride it Now (22nd Street) Tucson Arizona. Pleasantly surprised it was a GREAT experience. Oscar in service was more than helpful. I'm new at this Spyder thing. The alignment made a big difference in cornering as well as holding a straight line. :D:shocked:
Thanks
Frankie C

kkcrew89
10-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Glad it worked out well for you. I guess I will find out on the 16th if this is worth while. It is becoming very expensive.

missouriboy
10-03-2015, 10:57 AM
I am not Ann, but you can find lists of dealers and independents by going to www.spydercomfort.com/dealers (http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealers)Gray Ghost, I checked this link, but you were not listed. Do you do these alignments in Harper? I've been considering a trip up there to get my right-side "pull" corrected, as my dealer couldn't make it any better. My 2012 went straight, but not this new one, not even after 3300 miles now.

Lamonster
10-03-2015, 11:07 AM
East TN ATV was my dealer when I lived in Greeneville and they were the best out of the three I could have gone to. I'm sorry you had a bad experience there but that is not the norm for them. I still highly recommend this dealer to anyone who ask that's in the area. I happen to talk to the owner Eddy yesterday about talking to my son who's getting out of the Air Force in a couple of weeks about a job. He mentioned this post and how he would like to talk to you and see what they can do to make it right. Every dealer screws up from time to time, they have employees and employees are not owners and they may not always perform 100%. It's how the dealer handles it after the fact that makes the difference. Give them a chance to make it right is all I'm saying. They are a good dealer, one of the best from my experience and how I've seen them treat their customers.

ingramwc
10-03-2015, 11:16 AM
:agree: East TN ATV installed the BajaRon bar and billet links for me, recommended by BajaRon. They did a great job, only took about an hour, staff was very helpful and courteous.
I will go back to them for service when necessary.

WEB-WVR
10-03-2015, 02:15 PM

Report them to BRP...they need to hear this stuff.
Go back and ask for a full refund.... if they refuse, stop payment on check/credit card.

MRH
10-03-2015, 08:43 PM
I tend to be very skeptical when somebody shows up here for the first or second time just to complain about a business. We don't know much about the OP and these kinds of posts can be very damaging to a business. Lamont, as you are already in touch with this dealer, please confirm this is at least a real complaint and that there was actually a service done.

This may be a very legitimate complaint, but as a business owner I've seen these kinds of things from the other side and they are often not as they are portrayed.

In any event, I do hope this is not only resolved, but that if there was really this kind of a service issue that it is cleaned up in the future.

exwinger
10-04-2015, 12:09 PM
You won't be disappointed with Jackson Honda . Spyder tech def knows his stuff . I have all my spyder work done there . Nice thing about it is that they are willing to talk and explain everything going on . They don't hesitate to get BRP involved ....I give them 10 stars.

BajaRon
10-04-2015, 12:50 PM
I am very sorry to see this thread. I'm not saying it isn't true. Anything can happen on a one time basis. But I can say that I use East Tennessee ATV and I've always been treated well and had very good results. I have recommend this dealership for service because I believe in them.

If this situation did happen (and again, I am not saying that it did not because I don't know) then I hope the OP will give ET-ATV a chance to make it right. Even good dealerships have bad days.

Lamonster
10-04-2015, 12:50 PM
I tend to be very skeptical when somebody shows up here for the first or second time just to complain about a business. We don't know much about the OP and these kinds of posts can be very damaging to a business. Lamont, as you are already in touch with this dealer, please confirm this is at least a real complaint and that there was actually a service done.

This may be a very legitimate complaint, but as a business owner I've seen these kinds of things from the other side and they are often not as they are portrayed.

In any event, I do hope this is not only resolved, but that if there was really this kind of a service issue that it is cleaned up in the future.

I agree, using this forum to vent with no other history makes you wonder. I do know there was a problem and he was offered a loaner Spyder while they fixed his bike but I don't know any other details. Chances are we will never know but for sure East TN ATV is a good dealer and I stand by that.

Devious56
10-04-2015, 01:17 PM
[Ann:

Seriously.

Pete, in Alto, GA

QUOTE=SpyderAnn01;1043526]That is awful. Come on out to Las Vegas and we will get you squared away.[/QUOTE

Pete,

I'm just a bit south of Jacksonville Florida, and went to Edgewater which is just south of Daytona on the 2nd, and had Mike of Spyder Comfort do my 2015 Spyder RT. It took him about 45 minutes, and that includes setting up his equipment and aligning my Spyder. You can find him at spydercomfort.com and if you could make it, he is having a big get together for Biketoberfest at his shop on the 17th of this month. If you go to his website and check out the dealer list, I think there at two in Ga.

David

kkcrew89
10-04-2015, 02:51 PM
You won't be disappointed with Jackson Honda . Spyder tech def knows his stuff . I have all my spyder work done there . Nice thing about it is that they are willing to talk and explain everything going on . They don't hesitate to get BRP involved ....I give them 10 stars.

Easttndealer
10-07-2015, 09:17 AM
To the maker of this thread:

This is East TN ATV, the dealer that you are complaining about.
I am sorry that you are having trouble, but I wonder why you haven't tried to contact us about your complaint?
The day you left our shop, after your test drive, you said that everything was good to go.

You had an appointment at 1pm on Sept 24th, along with your brother. The first thing we did was check the tire pressure to make sure that the issue you were having was not tire pressure. The pressure at the time we checked it was 28 in the rear and 20 in the front. WE DID NOT ADD AIR TO ANY TIRE AT ANY TIME. We proceeded to do the alignment. We finished and after a test ride we could tell it wasn't right. We brought it back in and found that the laser was out of calibration, we reset the calibration. We made our adjustments and re-aligned. We test drove after the second alignment and found that everything was within spec. You then test drove the bike BEFORE you paid and left the shop. You said the bike was fine and we did apologize for it taking so long. I don't know what happened between the time you left the shop until you got home, but we never added any air to any tire.

We are a certified Spyder dealer and have a certified mechanic, we do alignments on a weekly basis. We are truly sorry for the problems that you have encountered but it would have been nice if you had contacted us right away so that we could make it right. Anyone that has ever dealt with us knows that we go out of our way to accommodate everyone and if there is a problem we do our best to resolve it and to make sure that you are happy.

Thank you to all our loyal customers , you are the reason we have such a great dealership.

ChrisDeck
10-07-2015, 09:47 AM
To the maker of this thread:

This is East TN ATV, the dealer that you are complaining about.
I am sorry that you are having trouble, but I wonder why you haven't tried to contact us about your complaint?
The day you left our shop, after your test drive, you said that everything was good to go.

You had an appointment at 1pm on Sept 24th, along with your brother. The first thing we did was check the tire pressure to make sure that the issue you were having was not tire pressure. The pressure at the time we checked it was 28 in the rear and 20 in the front. WE DID NOT ADD AIR TO ANY TIRE AT ANY TIME. We proceeded to do the alignment. We finished and after a test ride we could tell it wasn't right. We brought it back in and found that the laser was out of calibration, we reset the calibration. We made our adjustments and re-aligned. We test drove after the second alignment and found that everything was within spec. You then test drove the bike BEFORE you paid and left the shop. You said the bike was fine and we did apologize for it taking so long. I don't know what happened between the time you left the shop until you got home, but we never added any air to any tire.

We are a certified Spyder dealer and have a certified mechanic, we do alignments on a weekly basis. We are truly sorry for the problems that you have encountered but it would have been nice if you had contacted us right away so that we could make it right. Anyone that has ever dealt with us knows that we go out of our way to accommodate everyone and if there is a problem we do our best to resolve it and to make sure that you are happy.

Thank you to all our loyal customers , you are the reason we have such a great dealership.

It's good to see the positive response from the dealer on this. As a business owner myself, it's challenging when you live in the world of social media because anybody can say what they want. In some cases it's not legitimate and we have to explain however there are times my employees make mistakes. There are some people you will never please and unless someone is clearly trying to rip us off, we are going to go out of our way, even lose money, to win that customer over because it's the right thing to do. Good people can make mistakes and sometimes customers forget that we are people too. My guess here is that "something" happened and the distance was the thing that exacerbated it. An Ohio Customer using an East TN dealer. I can see how frustrating that would be for a customer to leave and realize there is a problem and the dealer is so far away.

Hopefully the customer and East TN can work it out. It sure sounds like there is every interest in doing so. Good luck to you both in getting this resolved.

MRH
10-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the new society, where we are too cowardly to confront an issue with the person or entity who can actually do something about it, but perfectly happy to speak behind their back and do damage to their business.

I'm a big believer in free speech, but don't think that it should be permissible to speak against somebody in this type of a public forum without putting their full name underneath their words.

This was a lot more than a negative comment, rather it was a thread started by somebody who's never said a word here for the sole purpose of damaging a business. The most unfortunate part is that short of the dealer being able to absolutely prove everything the OP said as wrong (which can't be done, of course), it creates a lingering doubt that is almost impossible to dispel.

My name is Mark Robert Halper, and I challenge the OP to at least associate their own full name with this thread and to contact the dealer to try and resolve this, or to pull this thread.

kkcrew89
10-07-2015, 10:43 AM
O accept your apologies. However that was a day of Murphy 's law. The problems with the rear tire pressure being at 45 psi became evident when I'm reached 53-60 mph causing a horrible vibration in the front end. When I'm test drove it Is only reached 50 mph. I drove from your dealership back to my brothers 120 miles away from you. Put it in a locked garage over night. In the morning before riding we checked the tire pressures and the rear tire read 45psi cold. We thought it had to be a bad Guage so we used another tire gauge and it read 45 psi. Both front tires were at 18 psi. We correctly lowered the rear tire pressure to 28 psi. After correcting the rear tire pressure the vibration was gone but it pulls to the right as soon as you let go of the hand grips. I'm don't know if your tire gauge was not working right but I'm checked the pressure before going to your shop and it was 28 psi cold. I'm not willing to travel to your dealership to have any more mishaps. We went to you for this service because your reputation was the best of the 3 dealerships in Tennessee.

wyliec
10-07-2015, 12:10 PM
I think since there are 3 sides to every story, we'll never know for sure what actually happened.

My hat is off to the dealer for taking the time to come on here and respond.

ARtraveler
10-07-2015, 12:39 PM
At first glance things appeared in one direction. Dealer has replied with their side of the story.

This particular dealer has proven to have a good reputation, so that must be taken into consideration.

Lesson: Quick replies without all the facts--not good. I will be slower the next time for sure.

ChrisDeck
10-07-2015, 05:22 PM
O accept your apologies. However that was a day of Murphy 's law. The problems with the rear tire pressure being at 45 psi became evident when I'm reached 53-60 mph causing a horrible vibration in the front end. When I'm test drove it Is only reached 50 mph. I drove from your dealership back to my brothers 120 miles away from you. Put it in a locked garage over night. In the morning before riding we checked the tire pressures and the rear tire read 45psi cold. We thought it had to be a bad Guage so we used another tire gauge and it read 45 psi. Both front tires were at 18 psi. We correctly lowered the rear tire pressure to 28 psi. After correcting the rear tire pressure the vibration was gone but it pulls to the right as soon as you let go of the hand grips. I'm don't know if your tire gauge was not working right but I'm checked the pressure before going to your shop and it was 28 psi cold. I'm not willing to travel to your dealership to have any more mishaps. We went to you for this service because your reputation was the best of the 3 dealerships in Tennessee.

Just a suggestion understanding your situation. Since you have a dealer willing to make it right, why not atleast call and discuss it with him to see if anything can be worked out, even if you aren't willing to travel that far. I'm sure there are many things that could come about, even if it's just a better understanding. I know that I would like to atleast hear from a customer if it was one of mine. I would want to understand what took place and an understanding of the issue you had later. Maybe he'll learn something that legitimately helps other customers or uncovers what may have actually happened to you after. If it all works out, I would delete this post as it sounds like frustration got the better of you and you have a willing partner. Now, if you weren't getting any response or willingness to help from the dealer after reaching out, then you have good reasoning to complain.

Again - Good luck to you both.

Easttndealer
10-08-2015, 07:29 AM

I totally understand that driving from Ohio is not an option. But we would have loved for you to have contacted us as soon you saw there was a problem. We found out from Spyder Comfort, who has us listed to do alignments. I quote from the email you sent them "This dealership does [not] know how to service CanAm Spyders. They should be removed from your listing before they get someone killed."
Then you proceeded to another website GripeO Social ReSolve to again complain we are going to kill someone. Then finally here to Spyderlovers.

We would have done what we could, due to distance, to make things right. We would have been glad to have refunded your money or to have done another alignment at no charge.
So, in closing, thank you for the opportunity to service your bike. We apologize for any thing we did that caused you stress or inconvenience. We do hope you can find a dealer that you are happy with and can fix the problem.

wyliec
10-08-2015, 08:19 AM
I think there may be some people who think they are protected from giving negative reviews on the internet, or in conversation with others; they are not.

Easttndealer,

Based on your rebuttal, I'd travel one state to have my spyder serviced at your dealer. However, I'm a few too many states away.:thumbup:

kkcrew89
10-08-2015, 08:31 AM
You should have been able to get the job done correctly especially by second attempt in one day. There was no reason to believe you could do it right on a third attempt. End result of your work is the bike drove better before you worked on it.
I hope you have many happy customers.

Dubliner
10-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kkcrew89
10-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Thanks

satownsendsr
10-10-2015, 08:16 AM
I purchased my 2014 RTL SE6 from a dealership about 30 to 40 minutes from me. Afterwards, I was told by several people that I would be unable to get decent service at this particular dealership because of its reputation.
Well, I did have to take it in for warranty work, sometimes it was something minor, once it was a major issue. (Gas Tank Collapsed). I have had nothing but excellent service from this dealer. Did everything go seamlessly? No, but we are dealing with machines and human beings, both of which are not perfect. The main point is that in EVERY instance when something didn't go right they were all over it to make it right. I could not begin to ask for anything more or be more pleased with the workmanship, professionalism and the desire to make sure that the customer is satisfied. The dealership I am referring to is Schronce located in Taylorsville, NC. The shop manager is Josh Gibson and has helped me on things with my bike that he didn't have to do. The thing to remember is that we may get frustrated when something doesn't go right at a dealership when we are having work done, but if the dealer is willing to make it right I think they deserve the opportunity. IMHO. 😐

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk