09-29-2015, 09:47 AM
just bought a 2010 rt se5
the rear trunk won't stay closed, it pops open while riding
i don't mean it ops all the way, just comes unlatched
any ideas?

Bob Denman
09-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Perhaps the rear body panel hasn't been positioned correctly... :shocked:
If you look down at the area around the latch; the rear body panel should fit right up against the latching mechanism. If there's ANY gap there (Or if you see a slot!!!), you'll need to re-position the panel.
It's eight Torx head screws; you can see four of them with the trunk lid popped up. The other four are down by the side storage compartments. There are two on each side...
There's a tab on the panel, that needs to fit into the slot that you might be seeing...

mikeinparts1
09-29-2015, 04:16 PM
Perhaps the rear body panel hasn't been positioned correctly... :shocked:
If you look down at the area around the latch; the rear body panel should fit right up against the latching mechanism. If there's ANY gap there (Or if you see a slot!!!), you'll need to re-position the panel.
It's eight Torx head screws; you can see four of them with the trunk lid popped up. The other four are down by the side storage compartments. There are two on each side...
There's a tab on the panel, that needs to fit into the slot that you might be seeing...thanks for the idea

Bob Denman
09-29-2015, 05:04 PM
I've been through this issue a couple of times...
You don't have to actually remove the rear panel. Just get it "loose enough" down by the side storage compartments, so that you can move it around a bit up on top... :thumbup:

Peter Aawen
09-29-2015, 06:41 PM
When I bought my RT, the salesman mentioned that some riders had found that problem, & suggested that if I ever did, then I should simply close AND LOCK the latch to prevent it unlatching while riding &/or until I got a chance to get the bike back to them (I live about 800 miles from them, the nearest [good] Dealer)

So I just make it a practice to lock the trunk before I ride... :thumbup: