PDA

View Full Version : I must be doing something wrong😉

Buggy
09-27-2015, 02:56 PM
So I just turned over 11k on my 14 RT and I have yet to meet Nanny...also the abs brakes have not been apparent. Believe me I have put the Sypder through her paces. I am either a wimp rider or just too smooth.....I prefer the latter I think.

In any event life is good!:yes::yes::yes::yes:

trikermutha
09-27-2015, 02:59 PM
well I hope you just didn't jinx yourself :shocked:

Chupaca
09-27-2015, 03:36 PM
not having a conversation with the nanny is a good thing. Means your ryding exactly the way she wants you to. :roflblack: I don't know if thats a good thing. The more she speaks to me the more I modify the roadster. At the moment we seem to be even....ryde on your doing great..:2thumbs::ohyea:

BajaRon
09-27-2015, 03:44 PM
PM me! I need to sign up with you for some riding lessons! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-27-2015, 04:55 PM
I have met "nanny" twice in 130,000 miles. Both times were hydroplaning issues--early in my experiences.

Bob Denman
09-27-2015, 04:55 PM
I am either a wimp rider or just too smooth.....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117002&stc=1

Brettssunshine
09-27-2015, 05:15 PM
I met nanny and ABS in my 3 wheel safety course. Fun! :yes:

spydaman60
09-27-2015, 07:11 PM
I had a 2012 rss and when I traded it in this spring for my f3, the dealership came back after test riding it and told me my nanny wasn't working. I looked at him and said I wouldn't know what it felt like cause it never did kick in on me. people that I have ridden with will tell you i'm not a pansy, and I swear it must never have worked since the day i got it. nojoke

Lew L
09-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Certianly wouldn't hurt to get in a safe spot and really test the ABS system. I mean really hard braking. It's good to know how the system feels when it activates-- for some folks it's suprizing and you can steer while slowing very rapidly.

Kaos

Pampurrs
09-27-2015, 07:48 PM
I ride fairly aggressively, and the only nanny experience I've had is the nanny light flashing on my dashboard occassionally. That's why I scratch my head when I read posts from the few people who are constantly complaining about how the nanny keeps them from enjoying their :spyder2:

Pam

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-27-2015, 08:40 PM
Mine kept me from accelerating above about 20 over the 45 mph speed on a corner this past week! I'm beginning to think that for a 71 year old I must be more aggressive than fits my age image! :lecturef_smilie: I'm on a first name basis with Nanny! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-28-2015, 07:10 AM
:shocked: "Our Nanny is good; she keeps us safe." :shocked:

Having her tap you on the shoulder is actually an enlightening event; it lets you know where the "line in the sand" has been drawn. :thumbup:

PMK
09-28-2015, 07:36 AM
Guessing you don't use the traction control, and ABS on your Ferrari but still smile ear to ear.

I find here in Florida, so often the roads are not bad where we ride, and it is easy to enjoy what is here. I have enough other stuff to test the limits and considering we ride two up, it is not worth freaking out the passenger.

We have had the VSS kick in a few times, mainly from the chassis tilting entering a parking lot. Might have had ABS once or twice based on another drivers stupidity.

I am going with you are smooth and controlled.

PK