PDA

View Full Version : Spyders lead the way; All the way!

Grandpot
09-26-2015, 02:34 PM
Last week I had the opportunity to take my Rolling Thunder comrades to the National POW Museum in Andersonville, Georgia. My wife and I were on our 2011 RT-S being followed by 16 Harleys. That was an interesting picture. As Road Captain, my instructions were simple: We will ride 5 MPH above the speed limit, you Harleys, do the best you can. :clap:;):yes: They didn't think that was as funny as I did.

We take this trip every year for National POW/MIA Recognition Day (3rd Friday in September). The event is called, "The Ride Home (www.theridehome.com)." We gather as many Ex-POWs as we can find and bring them to the nearby town of Americus, Georgia. We hang out with them, have dinner, and listen to their stories which are not like those you hear on the sanitized news media. Toward the end we recognize each of them and present well deserved awards.

If you were a Prisoner of War or if you know of any, please contact me or go to www.theridehome.com.

The following is an approximation of current MIA's, Missing in Action, unrecovered:
Vietnam: 7,000
Korea: 17,000
WWII: 70,000

Until they ALL come home.

Pampurrs
09-26-2015, 02:51 PM
Thank you for doing this.

Pam

Big Arm
09-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Wow....never realized those kind of numbers....Thanks for your service :bowdown:

Saluda
09-26-2015, 04:56 PM
Wish those numbers were a lot lower.

Bob Denman
09-26-2015, 06:06 PM
:agree:
:shocked:...Never Forget...

ingramwc
09-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Me too!!! Never forget! Thank you for your service!!!!!

Chupaca
09-26-2015, 06:59 PM
that is an amazing tribute. Thanks for being involved and posting here. Saw a post recently with a quote "if you want to see the cost of your freedom go to a VA hospital" unfortunately the missing and POW's are not there..we need to remember them and do what we can to get them home...:bowdown::bowdown:

cptjam
09-26-2015, 08:38 PM
HOOAH!
Never forget!
Thank you for doing that. Joe

Grandpot
09-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments. If you want to meet some real American Heros, plan to take this trip next year. You don't need to be a Veteran to participate.