PDA

View Full Version : Shifting problem

goldwing1800
09-25-2015, 10:27 AM
I have a 2012 RT. The problem is that when i shift up sometimes the motor stalls. I have have to release the trottle and shift again. It only happens when i accelerate hard and over 6500 revs. No problems when i accelerate calm. Changed oil and filters didnt help. The dealer cleaned the "shiftsolonoids" and that didnt help. Its not so nice when passing someone and the motor stalls.
Enyone haved this problem?
Yours
Mats E
Gothenburg
Sweden

Chupaca
09-25-2015, 10:45 AM
have the paddle on the bar checked. They have been known to fail possible at high rpms the vibrations are not allowing good contact. Also make sure you are making solid shift and not light taps. It may be that without a good signal and at high rpm to avoid damage the nanny is cutting the engine..:dontknow:

goldwing1800
09-25-2015, 01:58 PM
Thanks for your answer. Ive tried this hard push,soft push wont help,the engine cuts of and ill have to start all overklig again.

Mats E

billybovine
09-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Please explain the engine stalls. I take that to mean you have to come to a stop at the side of road and start the engine again.

jerpinoy
09-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Make sure you don't roll down your throttle whenever you shift.

goldwing1800
09-26-2015, 03:12 AM
When shifting up the engine dies, thats normal for a thousand of an second while shifting.My dies no shift and ill have too let go of throttle and press the paddle again. And its always happens when i accelerate a little more than usual (for me).Over 6-7000 revs.

Mats E

billybovine
09-26-2015, 07:43 AM
Now I think I understand your issue. The engine rpm is held back too long to allow the clutch to feather in slowly. You may not realize that you are doing that by how you handle the throttle. If you are rolling on throttle during the shift it will take a stupid long time for the computer to feather in the clutch. Conversely if you roll off the throttle during the shift the clutch slam in hard. Small amounts of throttle movement make a big difference. So the best is to hold the throttle steady. For example if you have not broke the habit of backing off the throttle before shifting. Then you will have the tendency to anticipate the shift and are adding throttle during the shift causing the problem.

goldwing1800
09-27-2015, 03:09 AM
Now I think I understand your issue. The engine rpm is held back too long to allow the clutch to feather in slowly. You may not realize that you are doing that by how you handle the throttle. If you are rolling on throttle during the shift it will take a stupid long time for the computer to feather in the clutch. Conversely if you roll off the throttle during the shift the clutch slam in hard. Small amounts of throttle movement make a big difference. So the best is to hold the throttle steady. For example if you have not broke the habit of backing off the throttle before shifting. Then you will have the tendency to anticipate the shift and are adding throttle during the shift causing the problem.

Okey illtry this

Thanks

Mats E

goldwing1800
09-28-2015, 05:55 AM
No difference, engine dies when shifting on acceleration hard over 6-7000 revs. Not always but every thent shift maybe. Same on all gears.

Mats E