PDA

View Full Version : Love riding my Spyder home from orchestra rehearsal

ABCtriker
09-24-2015, 09:40 PM
There is NOTHING that beats riding home from an orchestra rehearsal in the clear crisp, cool, dark of night. I put my weather proof jacket on over the denim for warmth and came home "the long way." I tried back tracking a familiar path, but missed somewhere and ended up "out there" - not lost, just not where I expected to be. Riding the curves was fantastic, pushing in and down, swooping around them. They seemed so friendly and exhilarating tonight. Music enveloped me, not from a radio, but from my mind - it seemed to be everywhere. the moon was bright, the stars twinkled. Smells rushed past me - hay, lawns, an occasional dinner cooking, and a few cows. I REALLY enjoyed the ride tonight, it felt, like all of me was involved in living.

Wow. It was GREAT

Chupaca
09-24-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm ryding home with you next time...:roflblack:...it is an experience and glad you found the spot in time...:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
09-25-2015, 01:31 AM
There is NOTHING that beats riding home from an orchestra rehearsal in the clear crisp, cool, dark of night. I put my weather proof jacket on over the denim for warmth and came home "the long way." I tried back tracking a familiar path, but missed somewhere and ended up "out there" - not lost, just not where I expected to be. Riding the curves was fantastic, pushing in and down, swooping around them. They seemed so friendly and exhilarating tonight. Music enveloped me, not from a radio, but from my mind - it seemed to be everywhere. the moon was bright, the stars twinkled. Smells rushed past me - hay, lawns, an occasional dinner cooking, and a few cows. I REALLY enjoyed the ride tonight, it felt, like all of me was involved in living.

Wow. It was GREAT

The magic that memorable rides are made of. :bowdown::bowdown: :yes::yes:

ThreeWheels
09-25-2015, 03:37 AM
How do you get your double bass home ?

Bob Denman
09-25-2015, 07:27 AM
This reminds me of a joke... :D
(Although it's not related to your great story!)
When asked to define "Perfect Pitch", the Classically trained Musician answered:
"It's when you throw a set of Bagpipes into the Town Dump, and they land on top of a fiddle!"

ndspyderlover
09-25-2015, 08:06 AM

Wow. It was GREATI love to ride when it is so peaceful and i am one with mother nature. That is why my north dakota license number on my can am reads (ME&GOD) it is from a song by Josh turner. I really enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass, the smell of clover and alphalfa. My rides are always out in the country.

MouthPiece
09-25-2015, 08:34 AM

Wow. It was GREAT

Roger? <smiles>

​Chris

kep-up
09-25-2015, 10:36 AM
When asked to define "Perfect Pitch", the Classically trained Musician answered:
"It's when you throw a set of Bagpipes into the Town Dump, and they land on top of a fiddle!"

Aye, could be, but I'd be willing to bet the "classically trained musician" wouldn't be able to get a squawk out of the Great Highland Bagpipe. 'Tis a shame that so many "classically trained musicians" are such elitists. :lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
09-25-2015, 10:40 AM
:D But when taken strictly as the joke that it is; it makes me laugh! :roflblack:
Besides: who isn't amazed by the flaming bagpipes video of "Thunderstruck"? :bowdown:

kep-up
09-25-2015, 11:52 AM
:D But when taken strictly as the joke that it is; it makes me laugh! :roflblack:
Besides: who isn't amazed by the flaming bagpipes video of "Thunderstruck"? :bowdown:

Responding as a "classically trained" piper, "amazing" may not be the correct word! :roflblack:

ARtraveler
09-25-2015, 11:54 AM

Us Bluegrass types usually insert "accordion" in place of "fiddle" or "banjo." :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-25-2015, 12:08 PM
:D That works equally well... :clap:

Bob Denman
09-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Responding as a "classically trained" piper, "amazing" may not be the correct word! :roflblack:
Would "Horrified", be more accurate? :yikes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Qw3irJEapM4

missouriboy
09-25-2015, 01:52 PM
missourigirl and I took just such a ryde before sunup this morning, even though it was mostly cloudy, just to watch the sun light up the backside and undersides of the clouds as it rises. The air was fresh, cool and invigorating, and even though we hit some sprinkling rain we stuck it out for over 70 myles, with a coffee stop in the middle. A Great Way to start the Day!

Life is Gooooooood!

missouriboy
09-25-2015, 01:57 PM
"It's when you throw a set of Bagpipes into the Town Dump, and they land on top of a fiddle!"I would then ask that Musician to "define the difference between a fiddle and a violin". :p

ARtraveler
09-25-2015, 04:42 PM
I would then ask that Musician to "define the difference between a fiddle and a violin". :p

How about...

Violinist would be wearing white tie and tails while the Fiddler may be wearing bib overalls.

Either way--sweet music to be heard by all.