PDA

View Full Version : Screen goes out

Tdugas
09-23-2015, 10:14 PM
My new 2015 RT Limited has a problem with the dash screen , seen that after you ride for a couple hours the dash screen goes out then reboots then goes out again and again ,I sent the bike to the dealer and couldn't find anything wrong with it has no codes , when I stopped for gas came to restart would not restart the screen was on the safety card screen hit the mode button would not crank . Has anyone had this problem???

SpyderAnn01
09-23-2015, 10:22 PM
I haven't heard of that problem. I have had my screen blank out but it is caused by it being in direct sunlight and heat. Sounds like your dealer should replace the screen.

copilot
09-24-2015, 06:40 AM
I have a 2013 rtl and had the same problem. I was told they had a bad batch of display screens and they replaced it under warranty. Keep an eye on your milage as mine went out for good and had to guess at the milage on the Spyder. Write the milage down for future reference when you replace it.

tigerdr
09-24-2015, 07:33 AM
Battery problem. Check battery connection or it's a weak or dead battery.

2 Cruysyn
09-24-2015, 09:00 AM
My 2011 RTS did that once in a while particularly when starting. The culprit was loose battery connections. Be worth making sure they are tight which is much easier to do on a '15!

Chupaca
09-24-2015, 09:23 AM
you have an electrical connection failing. You are losing power to the consol just long enough to cause it to reboot. The dealer can eliminate the consol by switching a known good one for a test ryde if not start checking the battery connections especially the ground strapping to frame. .:gaah:

Tdugas
09-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Thanks for all the info I did check the battery connections and all were tight and looked good , I think the screen is going out myself . All good when you first get on it , I'll keep a close eye on it . Thanks again