PDA

View Full Version : Bone Dry No More!

Buelldog
01-21-2009, 09:09 PM
For 4000miles my SM5 has been bone dry as far as any coolant or oil leaks.Not a pin point of drip on my garage floor......until today when I noticed a grapefruit size wet spot......coolant leak.Drip point is forward center pan.....it was late when I found it and have not pulled any panels and tracked the fittings and hoses.I believe others have had coolant leaks......Any common spot showing up??:dontknow:
Loose clamps, seal leaks,????:dontknow:
Thanks

spyryder
01-21-2009, 10:50 PM
check this clamp...it was leaking on mine.;)

SLO RYDER
01-22-2009, 02:23 AM
That was the same place my Spyder was leaking from.

It only took a slight turn to tighten.

sabunim5
01-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Make sure the cap on the overflow coolant tank is completely closed. 2 clicks, not one, to close.

Buelldog
01-22-2009, 04:07 PM
check this clamp...it was leaking on mine.;)

Thanks Spyryder it appears this spot/this clamp was the culprit.......it was definetely in need of tightening and weepage was showing here.I did a static engine run to 3 bars and have checked the clamp/hose junction....no seepage showing as of yet.Think this was it.Thanks a lot for the pic.....I went right to it first and the signs all pointed to this being the leak point.Thanks again :thumbup:

Roaddog2
01-22-2009, 04:14 PM
YEP that's were mine was leaking to check all the odeker clamps I had several that were loose :spyder:

spyryder
01-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks Spyryder it appears this spot/this clamp was the culprit.......it was definetely in need of tightening and weepage was showing here.I did a static engine run to 3 bars and have checked the clamp/hose junction....no seepage showing as of yet.Think this was it.Thanks a lot for the pic.....I went right to it first and the signs all pointed to this being the leak point.Thanks again :thumbup:

Cool! Mine dripped a bit for a day or two afterwards....most likely a puddle formed on the plastic panel under the engine. This was the only screw type clamp I could find. All the rest were the oedtker type which all looked good to me.:pray: