PDA

View Full Version : My Trip

Sara
01-21-2009, 01:18 PM
I've made all the mods on my Spyder that are necessary---and I'm ready for my trip from Southern California to Northern California, about 1,600 miles; however I have some concerns that my SE5 Spyder will hold up. I'll be traveling Freeways, mountains, back roads, and temperatures that vary greatly. I never had concerns when traveling on my four cylinder Honda motorcycles---never had a problem. But the Spyder has laboring sounds when traveling the Freeways at 70-80 mph. Will this engine make the trip with no problems?? I've had the first service with 700 miles, and have had no problems except some minor shifting bucking and jumpin'. When I mentioned my trip to the service manager, he said to jump on it, and if it should break down, stop and get it fixed. I'd like to hear from those who have traveled long distances and the experiences they had.

zzneonzz
01-21-2009, 01:21 PM
I have not had any long trips on my SE5 but I do have 5500 miles and no problems other than the jumping during the breakin period. If your concerned that you might have some issue's get a card together of the route your taking and find all the dealers in the path and have thier name, address, and phone numbers incase you need them. Then i would say hit the road and enjoy the ride. Take plenty of pictures i'm missing riding its been over a week since i've been on mine at all.

Lamonster
01-21-2009, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't think twice about it. Go for it. :thumbup:

Here's my last long trip. About 7000 miles on that one. :doorag:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6223

ataDude
01-21-2009, 01:39 PM
... But the Spyder has laboring sounds when traveling the Freeways at 70-80 mph....

I don't think that's laboring sounds... at that speed, the Spyder is in it's "sweet spot".

It's probably drive belt harmonics... drive belt tension. Easy to adjust... see "How to" forum... and also the "Sex on the Spyder" thread... not an applicable title but it was about the same thing.

wingnut
01-21-2009, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't think twice about it. Go for it. :thumbup:

Here's my last long trip. About 7000 miles on that one. :doorag:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6223
nice pics,lamonster:2thumbs: