PDA

View Full Version : P0520 Thanks Chupaca and Bob D.

MrBones
09-20-2015, 07:49 PM
You were the only 2 that replied to my thread. And you were right! It was the engine oil switch. Changed it today and all is well. For those interested the part # has changed but put in the old one and the new will come up.
I have a 2010 RSS S5 and the old switch is a 21 mm socket and the new one is a 24 mm. So be ready. Also I guess most know that you do not have to take off the rear panel to get to the bottom panel bolts. Just take out the 2 forward bolts and the 2 rivets under the seat and you can bungie it to the handlebars high enough to get to the bottom panels 2 bolts to undo. One more thing you have to use a long socket to clear the electric plug of the switch so its a lot easier to take off the bottom plate. Only 3 bolts but lots more room. Thanks again guys very helpful.

Chupaca
09-20-2015, 07:54 PM
glad we were able to help. Thats why we're here. Thanks for the info you picked up doing the repair it is very helpful. Now go out and keep on ryding..:thumbup::bowdown:

Bob Denman
09-20-2015, 08:47 PM
:agree: As I recall; Gene is the one that called it first... :thumbup:
Glad to hear that you're "Back on Three"! :clap:

billybovine
09-20-2015, 08:55 PM
Good call guys. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks MrBones for letting us know how it turned out and adding to the knowledge base.