PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Rally Myrtle Beach May 2016

Helpmemakeit
09-20-2015, 01:23 PM
http://www.spyderrally.com in Myrtle Beach S.C. during Harley Rally, May 2016. Hope it is successful and becomes an annual event. Some hotels with garage parking provide guarded parking during nighttime hours. There are also plenty of side trips to Georgetown, Charlestown, and Wilmington plus a few more. I'm sure there will be updates as time gets closer.

ruthie
09-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Well, thought I would put this Spyder rally on my maybe list for 2016 but I read it's a rally within a rally (HD), No thank.

Helpmemakeit
09-21-2015, 12:33 PM
I agree with it being a rally within a rally might not be as successful as it were just a spyder rally. I know very little other than the flier posted about the event. Could be a test to see what kind of response is received. Time will tell. There are many members on this site that live to far away to show much interest at all. Eight months is a long way off. Vendors selling Spyder related items and installation of Spyder products will play a big part as to where it will be a success or a flop.Time will tell.

spyderjo333
09-22-2015, 10:45 AM
Glad to hear of this since we live between Wilmington, NC and Myrtle Beach!!! We can head down to Red Line across from the outlets on 501, since they are the Spyder
dealers in the area.

Brettssunshine
09-22-2015, 01:34 PM
I don't do Myrtle Beach. Couldn't pay me to go there anymore. A lot of people like it, but I lived in SC my whole life (minus the past 11 years) and I'll take Surf Side, Charleston or Isle of Palms any day.

Orange Spyder Man
09-22-2015, 06:19 PM
I think the citizens & police of Myrtle Beach decided they don't want bikers in their city... last time I went the police did everything to deter bikers... so
let the citizens pay more taxes ... I won't ever go there again... bikers should find another place to hold their rally's where the atmosphere is more inviting...

osm

Helpmemakeit
09-23-2015, 01:01 PM
A few years back ,Myrtle Beach implemented rules or laws requiring mandatory helmets and loud pipes. Bikers boycotted the city. The hotels, restaurants and others suffered from the boycott. You can still attend the rally and avoid traveling through Myrtle Beach. I hope the Spyder Rally will be a success and continue being an annual event. BRP'S involvement will have a huge impact.

Magdave
09-23-2015, 01:08 PM
All the rules were tossed out in court. Is Larry still involved or did you buy it out from him?

bruiser
09-23-2015, 03:26 PM
I believe the last one was canceled due to weather and the attendees were not notified. We visit Myrtle Beach usually twice a year. One is when my brother and his family is vacationing and the other is usually in October/November. We have to travel by car because the condo they vacation at does not allow motorcycles to park on the property. My wife's aunt and uncle live in MB. We have to travel by car to visit them too. The development they live in does not allow motorcycles on their property either. We found that out the hard way. In researching, we found that a majority of the condominiums do not allow motorcycles in their parking garages. I know, Spyders are not motorcycles to us, but to condo owners, they are. We will still continue to travel to MB. Just not on our Spyders. Georgetown, SC is a very nice place to visit as is Charleston.