PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone

greatrides
09-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Added rear speakers to the factory sts radio? Is it possible to make it a 4 speaker unit? Just wondering.

ingramwc
09-20-2015, 10:53 AM
If you have a ST limited the rear speakers could mount in the hard bags or mount to the passenger hand grips. I'm not sure where else to mount them. Where there is a will, there is a way! Good luck! Let us know how you do with this idea.

billybovine
09-20-2015, 10:57 AM
The wires are there just plug them in. You would just have to figure out where to mount them.

Edsts
09-20-2015, 12:05 PM
I was planning on getting the saddle bags for my sts and put speakers in side . i was thinking bout doing a plug and play hook up , especialiy if i can remove the bags when ever i wanted . Still toying around with the idea .

r1100rider
09-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Added rear speakers to the factory sts radio? Is it possible to make it a 4 speaker unit? Just wondering.
I don't understand why everyone try's so hard to blast music into the air and have to overcome the road and wind noise plus get it past your Helment (I know everyone is wearing one right)just get some communicators put good speakers in your helment and blue tooth your phone into it the sound quality far surpasses anything you could ever get from your dash and the rest of the world doesn't have to listen to your choices at the stop lite sorry not getting personal it just seems simpler better and more curtious to me

greatrides
09-21-2015, 08:33 PM
I don't understand why everyone try's so hard to blast music into the air and have to overcome the road and wind noise plus get it past your Helment (I know everyone is wearing one right)just get some communicators put good speakers in your helment and blue tooth your phone into it the sound quality far surpasses anything you could ever get from your dash and the rest of the world doesn't have to listen to your choices at the stop lite sorry not getting personal it just seems simpler better and more curtious to me
I listen to both. If I have the kids on they can listen to the radio and when I'm on it most of the time I listen to my helmet speakers. I was just wondering.

loisk
09-21-2015, 09:43 PM

One answer - I have yet to find any in-helmet earbits that don't hurt my ears, not talking about noise here just pain, even if every noise source (radio, music, gps) is turned off. So whilst I'd like to be courteous to others, I'll not suffer that much for them! I just turn down the speakers when going slowly.

Edsts
09-27-2015, 08:05 PM

A nice and loud as you want clear sounds system wont hurt no body , lol. I guess to each is own . Customizing your ride to make it your own in a unique way can be most gratifying. Now if your satisfied with some in the helmet speaker , buds or what ever than Kudos to ya . :yes:

900Dave
09-28-2015, 05:03 PM
One answer - I have yet to find any in-helmet earbits that don't hurt my ears, not talking about noise here just pain, even if every noise source (radio, music, gps) is turned off. So whilst I'd like to be courteous to others, I'll not suffer that much for them! I just turn down the speakers when going slowly.

Try ear plugs? My Sena's are "tinty" and kind of hurt my ears. But when my ear plugs are in all is good. Even the "tinty" sound goes away.

Bob Denman
09-28-2015, 05:40 PM
"Each to their own notion.", said the old woman as she kissed the cow. ;)
With what I listen to (At HIGH volume!); it helps to keep the mosquitoes at bay!
But you can Bluetooth yours, to wherever you place you buds; I'm cool with that too! :thumbup:

I wonder if a low mount (down by the passenger pegs; pointed upward), might offer a protected location?