PDA

View Full Version : Its happening again ! very tired of this issue .

Edsts
09-19-2015, 07:15 AM
My dash board went out . This time for good , I had this issue last season and took it to the shop . They changed the cluster and all was good . This time its worst. The local shop change the cluster under warranty . this time i doubt its under warranty. Luckily as i ride on the hwy when the all the lights go out the sts keeps running in good order . also when my lights go out on the cluster i have no reverse . :banghead:

Has this happen to any one . very fustrated . The wife is about to take the bike over full time but i can not let her have it in this condition.

Problem : all dash cluster lights went out . Can not see fuel gage or any info. Radio is out every thing is out , i wanna die . lmao.
Pls help.

Upstater
09-19-2015, 08:10 AM
More information would help (other than ST-S)... Year, add-ons (stock vs. farkled to death)?

spacetiger
09-19-2015, 09:05 AM
Do your analogue gauges still work (speed/tach)?

billybovine
09-19-2015, 09:21 AM
In the left fuse box. Check fuse F7, 10 amp, yellow, to see if it's burnt out. Also in the left fuse box check that the relay R4 is properly seated into it's socket.

Look in your owner's manual for info to find the fuse boxes and the particular items I have pointed out.

Chupaca
09-19-2015, 10:46 AM
if it is an on going problem I would think a call to brp should get you help. :agree: as well as checking the cluster connections. We are seeing some clusters beeing affected due to long exposure to sunlight (heat). You stated "for good", did it clear up after the computers reset..?? Regardless if your turning it over to the wife after your two wheeler arrives it should be cleared up...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-19-2015, 12:44 PM
If its not the fuse/relay problem listed above, the fix should be warrantied IMO. If they replaced a bad cluster unit with another bad cluster unit--IMO--that is a no brainer.

Let us know what happens. :thumbup:

cuznjohn
09-19-2015, 01:00 PM
i feel the same way, call brp and get a case number, and if it has happened b4 than it should be covered

Edsts
09-20-2015, 07:40 AM
Do your analogue gauges still work (speed/tach)?

No the analogue gauges freezes on the rpm and speedo when the dash lights go out.

I.E while i am on the road moving , The complete dash goes out even the radio goes out and fog lights goes out as well . The steering also gets really stiff , Yesterday i rode to my garage and it happen again new symptom , while the dash cluster was off the hazard lights started flashing while riding and no brake lights came on . just weird. I cant see any info going to check the fuses and relay as mention
I doubt it would be a fuse maybe relay only because the dash flickers on and off . Yesterday i open checked the main harness to the cluster and the connection was snug on tight. i even disconnected the harness and reconnected it again. .
Calling my shop on Monday and Brp as well . :banghead:

Thanks for all the info guys . We will get to the bottom of this .

Bob Denman
09-20-2015, 10:03 AM
:shocked: What'd you find out with the fuse and relay check? :dontknow:
My VERY in-expert guess, would be that Billy has got you pointed in the right direction...
Good Luck! :thumbup:

billybovine
09-20-2015, 10:39 AM
No the analogue gauges freezes on the rpm and speedo when the dash lights go out.

I.E while i am on the road moving , The complete dash goes out even the radio goes out and fog lights goes out as well . The steering also gets really stiff , Yesterday i rode to my garage and it happen again new symptom , while the dash cluster was off the hazard lights started flashing while riding and no brake lights came on . just weird. I cant see any info going to check the fuses and relay as mention
I doubt it would be a fuse maybe relay only because the dash flickers on and off . Yesterday i open checked the main harness to the cluster and the connection was snug on tight. i even disconnected the harness and reconnected it again. .
Calling my shop on Monday and Brp as well . :banghead:

Thanks for all the info guys . We will get to the bottom of this .

Well the problem comes and goes. That's new info. Then it's not the fuse but the relay is still suspect. Did you check to see if it's seated. From the other symptoms you describe it in not a gauge cluster problem.

Edsts
09-20-2015, 12:00 PM
Well the problem comes and goes. That's new info. Then it's not the fuse but the relay is still suspect. Did you check to see if it's seated. From the other symptoms you describe it in not a gauge cluster problem.

Where would the relay be located . I am going to my garage to check it out . :thumbup:

Edsts
09-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Had a flat bed pick up the sts and took it to the shop , The complete fuse box in the frunk is issue . The complete fuse box needed to be replace. The shop is gonna talk to can am and try to get the part under warranty . The dash cluster is in good order .

chuck gross
09-27-2015, 10:15 PM
glad you got to the bottom of it. :2thumbs:

ThreeWheels
09-28-2015, 04:19 AM
You're lucky to find the problem.
BRP has been chasing an electrical gremlin in my radio since May.
I'm hoping they can finally fix it this week, but I am underwhelmed with BRP's electrical acumen.

Bob Denman
09-28-2015, 10:07 AM
:agree: As bad as it is to have the problem... it's always good when it's source is located, and a plan of attack can be worked-out! :2thumbs:
Please let us know how the repairs are progressing! :thumbup:

flamingobabe
09-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Had a flat bed pick up the sts and took it to the shop , The complete fuse box in the frunk is issue . The complete fuse box needed to be replace. The shop is gonna talk to can am and try to get the part under warranty . The dash cluster is in good order .

brp replaced several fuse boxes....leaking moist into them......hope this is the fix......

Edsts
10-02-2015, 05:47 PM
brp replaced several fuse boxes....leaking moist into them......hope this is the fix......

Thanks for sharing , since i am a praying man . Staying positive that it will be okay . I am also taking advantage of having the dealer trying to get the side air duct panels under warranty.