PDA

View Full Version : Shoulda know better

Bfromla
09-19-2015, 02:48 AM
Ok just fair warning , yesterday I had a quest simply get part number for brakelight bulb to see if something I wanted to try would fit. 12dealerships later:hun: still no luck, not much anyway,
Info I did find: 520000758 12vHDP21/5w (printed on bulb parts guy read me from one on shelf) also said was oval in shape not round like most othersBRP#410504100 I also contacted my local batteries +bulbs to see if the BRP # would refer to anything else....nada same said for auto zone & orailys they ask me to bring in bulb & can compare from there. * Note my bulb is not bad im just looking for info* not a simple process to get bulb out fyi. Espesically for something as simple & fragile as a light bulb!:banghead: Its common knowledge tha bulbs need to be replaced perodicly, & what I learned was BRP absolutly ignorant process to do so. Every parts desk was digging though diagrams & could find assemblys, turn signal post,& license plate stuff just not the tail/brake light bulb. Im not done & will share what I find & my project results, but best not to wait till a bulb goes out to have this pain on top of it. :gaah:

ingramwc
09-19-2015, 07:26 AM
Possibly a dumb question, but did you try an Auto parts store? Most of them have a pretty good supply of different bulbs.

billybovine
09-19-2015, 08:43 AM
Ok just fair warning , yesterday I had a quest simply get part number for brakelight bulb to see if something I wanted to try would fit. 12dealerships later:hun: still no luck, not much anyway,
Info I did find: 520000758 12vHDP21/5w (printed on bulb parts guy read me from one on shelf) also said was oval in shape not round like most othersBRP#410504100 I also contacted my local batteries +bulbs to see if the BRP # would refer to anything else....nada same said for auto zone & orailys they ask me to bring in bulb & can compare from there. * Note my bulb is not bad im just looking for info* not a simple process to get bulb out fyi. Espesically for something as simple & fragile as a light bulb!:banghead: Its common knowledge tha bulbs need to be replaced perodicly, & what I learned was BRP absolutly ignorant process to do so. Every parts desk was digging though diagrams & could find assemblys, turn signal post,& license plate stuff just not the tail/brake light bulb. Im not done & will share what I find & my project results, but best not to wait till a bulb goes out to have this pain on top of it. :gaah:

Your post is extremely difficult to read. Also no model year for your Spyder that I can see.

My 2013 STL takes a 1157 bulb for brake and taillight.

Chupaca
09-19-2015, 11:20 AM
:agree: 17916 in wagner electric, 1157 in GE pretty much standard brake/running light bulb for cars , bikes and trucks. These are incandecent bulbs there are other brands as well. Most autoparts have refference catalogs you can check and crossrefference. They all have the 1157...:thumbup:

Bfromla
09-19-2015, 05:48 PM
Your post is extremely difficult to read. Also no model year for your Spyder that I can see.

My 2013 STL takes a 1157 bulb for brake and taillight. listed in my profile thx fyi we have same bike & my bulb is not out I was looking for the size with out having to remove ,ez call a dealer right¿ then I discovered a kink in information. (Aggervated I admit OCD & prusued to investigate, "How many dealers does it take to find a bulb?":p) appogies for diffucult reading :banghead: :gaah: I was/am irked @ this & posting from small phone fyi. :2thumbs:

Bfromla
09-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Possibly a dumb question, but did you try an Auto parts store? Most of them have a pretty good supply of different bulbs. not a dumb question thx & yes I did commonly its the 1157 but simply getting that info from BRP was the start of my problem. Removing bulb is no simple task & a dealer should be able to tell me simple info, but many were not. The auto shops could not cross referance with out part numbers that BRP apperantly wont share. They asked me to bring in bulb, is my next option:coffee:

JKMSPYDER
09-19-2015, 08:22 PM
Also, FYI the license plate light is a 5008.

billybovine
09-19-2015, 08:45 PM
listed in my profile thx fyi we have same bike & my bulb is not out I was looking for the size with out having to remove ,ez call a dealer right¿ then I discovered a kink in information. (Aggervated I admit OCD & prusued to investigate, "How many dealers does it take to find a bulb?":p) appogies for diffucult reading :banghead: :gaah: I was/am irked @ this & posting from small phone fyi. :2thumbs:

May I suggest you put your Spyder info into the Signature. Model, year and mods are helpfull.

I am puzzled why you would think that a BRP dealer parts desk would know anything other than the BRP part number. They have no reason to know that.

Bfromla
09-19-2015, 11:49 PM
My expeirance parts desk & techs(when they try to help) learn what else works & can help customers return. re usually impressed, respect customers (taking care of vehicle) that dont need help till replacing major items (they like farkles too).

Will do signature thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk