PDA

View Full Version : Diet soda makes you fat

Rogue Hawk
09-17-2015, 03:13 PM
Really?

Unless someone can show me anything from a biological standpoint to support this, I think its the super quadruple sloppy humongous cheese and bacon burger with jumbo chili cheese fries many diet soda drinkers order.:sour:

ARtraveler
09-17-2015, 03:18 PM
I drink it all the time and some would consider me fat. :roflblack::roflblack:

DrewNJ
09-17-2015, 05:03 PM
I drink it all the time and some would consider me fat. :roflblack::roflblack:
Me too...[emoji50]

Deer Slayer
09-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Never seen a skinny person drink a diet drink!:shocked:

Mcubed45
09-17-2015, 05:10 PM
Those are low fat chili cheese fries!

:lecturef_smilie::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

bluestratos
09-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Maybe they got it backwards, fat people drink diet pop?

Bob Denman
09-17-2015, 05:42 PM
:agree: Causation and effect have been confused in that "Study". :D

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-18-2015, 07:57 AM
i never drink diet soda & my wife says i am fat

Bob Denman
09-18-2015, 08:07 AM
The question is; How much of our taxpayer dollars, was wasted on this "Study"? :banghead:

Peter Aawen
09-18-2015, 08:45 AM
There's actually been a fair bit of 'studying' going on around the world into this by a lot of well recognised, accredited, & respected researchers & organisations; & the results of these studies all pretty much come in the same - the way 'we' tend to eat/use them, diet drinks, foods, & sweeteners including 'low fat' & 'low calorie' products largely do the exact opposite of what you'd like/we've been led to believe they should!! If you can get past all the 'advertising' & bunf funded by organisations with vested interests, the biological evidence is there - you can't eat or drink too much of anything & not gain weight or at the very least, fail to lose weight; & most of the western world eats/drinks far more 'diet' products than is good for us & definitely more than we need & as a result, we gain weight! :shocked:

DrewNJ
09-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Maybe they got it backwards, fat people drink diet pop?
What the hell is "diet pop"?

bluestratos
09-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Being diabetic, this is my only choice per my doctors instructions. I drink diet colas, and use artificial sweeteners in my coffee and on my oatmeal. Studies aside, I want to enjoy my life while I am still vertical lol.

Chupaca
09-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Diet soda does not make you fat but more so will not make you loose weight...if it is diet they have tampered with a good product taking out the natural and adding other chemicals with much worse side effects...jmo

Rogue Hawk
09-18-2015, 03:42 PM
If you look at the label of many 'Diet' products, you find tons of sugar. You also see lots of sugar in products marketed to athletes. :shocked: 'Diet' soda is on of the few products that truly does not have sugar.

If they want to prove that diet soda makes people fat, use thin people in the study and see if they gain weight.

Bob Denman
09-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Being diabetic, this is my only choice per my doctors instructions. I drink diet colas, and use artificial sweeteners in my coffee and on my oatmeal. Studies aside, I want to enjoy my life while I am still vertical lol.
:shocked: Type 1, or 2?
50 years as Type 1... Diet soda does NOT make you fat.

What makes you fat; is taking in more calories than you need in order to maintain your current body weight.
Deprive yourself of a total of 3,500 of those calories, and you'll lose a pound! nojoke
Diet soda has ZERO calories; it is clearly not adding to your expanding waistline...

spydaman60
09-18-2015, 06:47 PM
Being diabetic, this is my only choice per my doctors instructions. I drink diet colas, and use artificial sweeteners in my coffee and on my oatmeal. Studies aside, I want to enjoy my life while I am still vertical lol. me too!:thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-18-2015, 10:16 PM
What the hell is "diet pop"?
Well, if you would travel around the West once in awhile you'd know that what people in the South call "coke", and what you folks in the East call "soda", is called "pop" out West! :thumbup::roflblack: It used to be much more common than it is now. Damn Eastern influence is corrupting our language out here! :roflblack:

The first time I ever traveled to the East was in 1967 and I took side trip to New York City to see my younger brother who was attending Columbia University. He asked if I wanted a soda. A WHAT? "Oh, pop to you!"

mowin
09-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Dad got transferred to Ohio durring the seventies, and I remember the first time someone asked me if I wanted a "pop". Thought he wanted to pop a 8yr old in the nose..:roflblack: