PDA

View Full Version : cleaning wheels

jcasey
09-17-2015, 12:53 PM
I just finished cleaning two :spyder2:s. What a pain but both look good now. Been riding in the rain dirt everywhere. My question is has anyone found an good way to clean the wheels without busting your knuckles. Hard getting into the tight places with your hands.:banghead: Like some kind of brush or mop?:yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
09-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Let somebody else tackle this chore! :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=116284&stc=1

ARtraveler
09-17-2015, 02:34 PM
The spray on wheel cleaners usually help to loosen some of the crud. Then rinse/spray real good.

YIRYDE
09-17-2015, 02:47 PM
I use my jack to lift all the wheels, this works great for me. I do this about twice a month or it depends on how dirty they get.

Colin
09-17-2015, 03:09 PM
We have this product over here, recently I Plasti-Dipped my wheels, I removed them and sprayed them with Motomuck
had a cup of coffee, then go a rag that had a little of the motomuck on it and gave them a wipe over, with a little bit of
effort the rims came up like new, no brake dust marks etc, then gave them a rinse with a decent pressure hose and they
looked like they were straight out of the box.
Im not sure if this is a NZ only product, but a link to their website below

http://www.motomuck.co.nz/Home/tabid/112/Default.aspx

ingramwc
09-17-2015, 03:11 PM
I use a long handle scrub brush with soft bristles, spray wheels with 50/50 solution of Simple Green and water, let it sit for a couple of minutes, scrub, spray with water and scrub again if necessary. I use this on all our vehicles, works great.

WEB-WVR
09-17-2015, 04:18 PM
I use a long handle scrub brush with soft bristles, spray wheels with 50/50 solution of Simple Green and water, let it sit for a couple of minutes, scrub, spray with water and scrub again if necessary. I use this on all our vehicles, works great.

For the front wheels I got a nice soft wheel brush from Walmart...it has a long handle so I dont have to bend over very far. For the rear wheel (that one is harder to get too) as above....get a long handled scrub brush; believe it or not a toilet brush works pretty good. :hun:

Deer Slayer
09-17-2015, 05:05 PM
I cut an 18 inch piece from a broom handle. Stuck it in an old cotton wash mitt secured it with one screw on the cuff on the mitt. Works great. Goes in between the spokes on the sprocket well. You still have to roll the wheel a bit. Works for me.:yes:

Bob Denman
09-17-2015, 05:16 PM
:nopic: :2thumbs:

Deer Slayer
09-17-2015, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;1038028]:nopic: :2thumbs:[/QUOTE? ]
Really? Bob you got no emagination?:roflblack:

Bob Denman
09-17-2015, 05:43 PM
no imagination at all... :opps:
But if I can SEE it; I can figure it all out! :thumbup:

MouthPiece
09-17-2015, 06:26 PM
I leave mine dirty. It's been rainin so much and I've been out in that stuff. I'll wait till we get a run of dry weather. I use Armor Wheel Protectant.

Chris

can-am sam
09-17-2015, 06:26 PM
Ditto on the 50% Simple Green and water solution. It works great for cleaning wheels.

Marker
09-17-2015, 06:34 PM
I use BRP spyder wash and spray into wheels and brake area also spray whole spyder with it. It is expensive but clens all dirt off.
For the rear wheel I use the BRP spyder wash and also a soft wheel rim sponge made for cleaning alloy rims. I also use liquid car wash soap to use with the rim sponge.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-18-2015, 07:55 AM
i have a electric powerwasher 1600 psi & use min40 green & my wheels come out looking new in & out with no scrubbing

Bob Denman
09-18-2015, 08:10 AM
I'd rather be riding a dirty bike, than just staring at a clean and shiny one. :thumbup:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-18-2015, 09:03 AM
every saturday i clean my bike & this winter when i retire it i will have ceramic coat on the whole bike including the wheels. the shop doing
it says after that it only needs to be hosed off no more washing for the most part but the leather & vinyl i will still have to clean

5legsshort
09-18-2015, 09:17 AM
http://www.mothers.com/02_products/05146.html#&slider1=4

Pirate looks at --
09-18-2015, 09:18 AM
I just finished cleaning two :spyder2:s. What a pain but both look good now. Been riding in the rain dirt everywhere. My question is has anyone found an good way to clean the wheels without busting your knuckles. Hard getting into the tight places with your hands.:banghead: Like some kind of brush or mop?:yes::yes::yes:

we clean our bike after every ride. So I feel your pain. Bob had it right, I have the wife clean the wheels, her hands are smaller!:roflblack::roflblack:

Chupaca
09-18-2015, 10:55 AM
the easiest and best...take off the front wheels...not the most practical...but your local autoparts have wheel brushes and if stubborn wheel cleaner will help. There is really no short cut but the longer you wait the harder it is. As strange as it sounds if coming in from the rain I will hose her down before putting her up then cleaning is much easier...:thumbup:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-18-2015, 11:10 AM
I always hose down before i wash