PDA

View Full Version : Feel like a kid at Christmas

Dib52
09-16-2015, 09:51 AM
....but wait, I shouldn't! I already own a spyder. However, the excitement is building for Friday morning. Now a little back story...
We have owned our beloved spyder since '12 and have ridden 14k relatively trouble free miles. But about 2 months ago, I experienced the orange screen of death that I just couldn't get to go away. No amount of checking cables, fuses, doing the key walk, etc. was gonna fix this one. Yup, a dreaded DPS fault! So against everyone's recommendations, I drove it to the dealer rather than trailering it(man, she steers hard). Talked to the boys at Louis Powersports(Danny & Tony) and had them confirm my worst fear...the pricey DPS module was toast. Here's where the lump in my throat got bigger and bigger...the module was @ $1200 and that was before labor to throw it in. However, I had an ace in the hole....Danny(exceptional service manager) said he'd open a claim and see what happens. My spyder was out of warranty but we went through the motions "to see what happens". Low and behold, BRP springs for a new module on their dime(thank you) and I have to pay labor to put it in. The lump in my throat got a lot smaller. Then the school year started and the girls needed this and that, and money got a lot tighter, so the spyder had to sit at the dealer for another month(and she's all fixed).
Fast forward to yesterday, finally got everything in order and made the call to tell them we're coming Friday morning to pick her up. Second part of the phone call was to tell them to throw 2 new tires on the front and do the laser alignment. I CANNOT WAIT to get on it again...gonna feel like, well, a kid at Christmas! Huge shout out to Louis Powersports in Greenville, Tx if they're not on your radar, they should be! I have known this for a long time, just want to spread the word, there are exceptional dealers out there!
Did I mention, KID, CHRISTMAS AND CANNOT WAIT?!?

Bob Denman
09-16-2015, 09:55 AM
:congrats: Let us know how you feel after the egg-nog is all gone. :D

Chupaca
09-16-2015, 10:54 AM
you both will be out on the open road once again...bummer you had to jump all the hurdles but hey...friday is very close by...:ohyea::ohyea:

Pampurrs
09-16-2015, 11:09 AM
Awesome!!:cheers:

ARtraveler
09-16-2015, 03:14 PM
Glad to hear you will soon be on the road. Kudos to the dealer for going the extra mile with customer service. :yes::yes:

beadaholic
09-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Very cool! Happy for you!

pegasus1300
09-16-2015, 08:31 PM
There is nothing better then having a good dealer to back you up when you are in trouble. Glad it all worked out. Enjoy

Dib52
09-23-2015, 02:22 PM
Figured I'd post an update since getting her back last Friday. It's literally taken this long because close to 500 miles happened. All is way more than OK!! What do they say...everything old is new again. A new DPS module, two fresh front tires and a laser alignment...so this is how this thing is supposed to ryde. Probably the best it has ever been since coming out of the crate. I know people rave about the 1330, but the old 998 still does it for me, still make me go :ohyea:

PrairieSpyder
09-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Wow! Two summer months without your Spyder! :congrats: on getting it back!!!