PDA

View Full Version : How can I get out of Eco mode?

Gator37
09-14-2015, 03:00 PM
My RT-S says it's in Eco mode. I didn't put it there on purpose, in fact don't know how to, and am wondering how to get out of eco mode. Can't fin much info on it in the manual. Probably would use it from time to time if it really does improve mpg etc.
Thanks for you assistance.
Ken

ARtraveler
09-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Just hold the mode button for a little longer than usual. It will alternate between on/off on the ECO mode.

chuck gross
09-14-2015, 03:24 PM
Ken< I believe the button to put it in eco mode is right on the left hand grip just to the right of the high beam low beam headlight switch

trikermutha
09-14-2015, 06:02 PM
I haven't noticed any improvement in gas mileage but does puts the engine back to normal operating mode..Hole Eco button till green eco light goes out..Same if you want eco mode on..But wait for the dash light to come back on..:thumbup:

Pampurrs
09-14-2015, 06:08 PM
What everyone else said, just hold the mode button in to toggle ECO mode on and off.

I tried ECO mode for a couple tanks of gas, and didn't see any improvement in MPG. The only thing I noticed was a degradation in performance. ECO mode is a waste of space IMO. I'd rather have a rocket launcher.

Pam

kbwitt
09-14-2015, 06:19 PM
What everyone else said, just hold the mode button in to toggle ECO mode on and off.

I tried ECO mode for a couple tanks of gas, and didn't see any improvement in MPG. The only thing I noticed was a degradation in performance. ECO mode is a waste of space IMO. I'd rather have a rocket launcher.

Pam
I agrea , I want all the power available. I also think it boggs your motor shifting so low on the rpm's.
Kenn

4 MARIE
09-14-2015, 07:50 PM
"eco mode" does detune your engine. For me anyway, from 4thousand RPM on up, it will
still pin your ears back. For short-shifting , it seems to make the gear change a little smoother.
As far as the "shift arrow" goes.... the only thing I see on the display is the MPH, and I shift
where it feels good.

ARtraveler
09-14-2015, 09:22 PM
"eco mode" does detune your engine. For me anyway, from 4thousand RPM on up, it will
still pin your ears back. For short-shifting , it seems to make the gear change a little smoother.
As far as the "shift arrow" goes.... the only thing I see on the display is the MPH, and I shift
where it feels good.

The shift arrow shows up in the gear selected window. I found it to be way to distracting.

trekguy
09-14-2015, 09:31 PM
I tried the eco mode once...didn't like it.
Now if it shut the engine off at red lights like my Lexus...