PDA

View Full Version : Hand Held CB

Tango
09-14-2015, 12:33 PM
Has anyone found, or use a hand held CB. One that works good. I want to get one for when I ride with my riding group. Mount it on the handle bar. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

CSpinner
09-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Serria Electronics has a unit that will mount on the handle bars and with there Intercom unit you can use a headset. Had one on the streetGlide ,used it on the Honda and Yamaha. here is a linkhttp://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MID-75-822

Motorcycledave
09-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Funny you should ask, If yo go to your friendly neighborhood LARGE truck stop, Love's, Flying J
or others you will find a large selection of CB's Hand held type to pick from, then all you need is
a SENA SR10 and the cable to plug into the CB from the SR10 and there you have it bluetooth
into your helmet... WAY WAY WAY less costly than the BRP setup. Finless and I are working right
now on a system that will make it so you can use the push to talk switch that comes on the Spyder
it's there, if you have a CB or not from the factory
Dave

Has anyone found, or use a hand held CB. One that works good. I want to get one for when I ride with my riding group. Mount it on the handle bar. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

pegasus1300
09-14-2015, 02:52 PM
And you carry the SR-10 right Dave? How close are you to having that PTT cable worked out? Will the SR 10 interfere with the SM 10?

Motorcycledave
09-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Yes I stock the SR10's and cables for the various CB's I will check with Bob and see how he is doing on the new
wiring for the PTT button
Dave

And you carry the SR-10 right Dave? How close are you to having that PTT cable worked out? Will the SR 10 interfere with the SM 10?

pegasus1300
09-14-2015, 04:43 PM
thank you sir

Marker
09-14-2015, 04:51 PM
I use a Midland 75-822 Hand held CB with a Ram mount that I bought at GPS city .com
Since I use a Sena 20 S Blutooth comm system I have the Sena SR10 and connect it to the CB. You coukld just use a plug in head set with a PTT button. This my set up works great.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=116124&stc=1

pegasus1300
09-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Where do you have your SR 10 mounted?

Tango
09-15-2015, 09:07 AM
Funny you should ask, If yo go to your friendly neighborhood LARGE truck stop, Love's, Flying J
or others you will find a large selection of CB's Hand held type to pick from, then all you need is
a SENA SR10 and the cable to plug into the CB from the SR10 and there you have it bluetooth
into your helmet... WAY WAY WAY less costly than the BRP setup. Finless and I are working right
now on a system that will make it so you can use the push to talk switch that comes on the Spyder
it's there, if you have a CB or not from the factory
Dave

Dave I already have the SMH10 set up with dongle from you. I know I need the cable also. But, what is this SR10 and what is different about it that the other dongle won't do? Plus another cable? :dontknow: Tom :spyder:

finless
09-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Dave I already have the SMH10 set up with dongle from you. I know I need the cable also. But, what is this SR10 and what is different about it that the other dongle won't do? Plus another cable? :dontknow: Tom :spyder:

The SM10 is a media streaming device that sends audio to your helmet headsets (up to two headsets). It is one way meaning you cannot send voice back to it.

The SR10 is a 2 way device. That is you can hear audio and send speech audio from your helmet. Thus it is made to work with 2 way radios like a CB, GMRS, Etc.

For the SR10 to work you need a specific cable that goes from the CB or other radio (Sena makes many different radio cables) to the SR10. The picture above shows that cable. It's plugged into the top of the handheld CB and goes down to the SR10.
You also need some kind of PTT (Push To Talk) button. The SR10 comes with one you can strap on to your handlebars. Again the picture above shows he has it on his left grip. The project I am working on is instead of strapping on the SR10 PTT button I want to tap into the built in Spyder PTT button.

FYI a tip for anyone getting the Midland 75-822 CB and a SR10. If you notice in the picture above the SR10 cable plugs into the top of the CB and the wires comes out the right side. Thus it tends to block the 2 knobs on the top of the CB. This is the cable Sena calls out for the 75-822 CB (part number SC-A0115).
HOWEVER, if you get the ICOM cable instead (part number SC-A0117) this cable works with the Midland CB and comes out the left side thus not blocking the knobs.

Bob

Motorcycledave
09-15-2015, 12:23 PM
You are the man !!!!!!
Thanks
Dave

The SM10 is a media streaming device that sends audio to your helmet headsets (up to two headsets). It is one way meaning you cannot send voice back to it.

The SR10 is a 2 way device. That is you can hear audio and send speech audio from your helmet. Thus it is made to work with 2 way radios like a CB, GMRS, Etc.

For the SR10 to work you need a specific cable that goes from the CB or other radio (Sena makes many different radio cables) to the SR10. The picture above shows that cable. It's plugged into the top of the handheld CB and goes down to the SR10.
You also need some kind of PTT (Push To Talk) button. The SR10 comes with one you can strap on to your handlebars. Again the picture above shows he has it on his left grip. The project I am working on is instead of strapping on the SR10 PTT button I want to tap into the built in Spyder PTT button.

FYI a tip for anyone getting the Midland 75-822 CB and a SR10. If you notice in the picture above the SR10 cable plugs into the top of the CB and the wires comes out the right side. Thus it tends to block the 2 knobs on the top of the CB. This is the cable Sena calls out for the 75-822 CB (part number SC-A0115).
HOWEVER, if you get the ICOM cable instead (part number SC-A0117) this cable works with the Midland CB and comes out the left side thus not blocking the knobs.

Bob

Tango
09-15-2015, 06:11 PM
Still trying to figure it all out. The SM10 is toast even before I used it? I need the SR10 instead. Plus the cable from ICOM. I see an antenna on top of the CB, so I won't need another one? Do you run this CB on batteries? I see it comes with a lighter plug. Wonder if I can get a USB plug to use with it. I have an unused USB plug in the dash. Have not found one yet. Doing some talking out loud here. Confused as usual. :hun: :roflblack: Tom :spyder:

Bob Denman
09-16-2015, 07:13 AM
You just KNEW that somebody had to go get this one... :roflblack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=j3VN54M1OXA

finless
09-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Still trying to figure it all out. The SM10 is toast even before I used it? I need the SR10 instead. Plus the cable from ICOM. I see an antenna on top of the CB, so I won't need another one? Do you run this CB on batteries? I see it comes with a lighter plug. Wonder if I can get a USB plug to use with it. I have an unused USB plug in the dash. Have not found one yet. Doing some talking out loud here. Confused as usual. :hun: :roflblack: Tom :spyder:

The CB comes with that antenna you see in the picture. The CB can run off batteries or a 12V cig plug. USB ports are usually 5V unless you wired one up as 12? Not a good idea as not all USB devices can handle 12V. But if you did you could just remove the cig plug and solder on a USB plug to the cable.

Bob