PDA

View Full Version : BRP XPS OIL VIDEO...

tigerdr
09-13-2015, 12:17 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pbz_SFjHWKU

Don't shoot the messenger...:banghead:

Sarge707
09-13-2015, 02:57 PM
I Got through HALF of it. Do I win the Prize?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Vt. Rider
09-13-2015, 04:02 PM
Well !!! I guess that settles that !!! No more oil questions on the forum, huh?

Cruzr Joe
09-13-2015, 04:35 PM
I thought it was a good video.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
09-13-2015, 04:54 PM
:agree: :clap:
Although I was SURE that the Butler had done it!! :roflblack:
At least this video offers some plausible explanations; I'm sticking with XPS oils.
(Getting it changed this Tuesday!) :thumbup:

Vt. Rider
09-13-2015, 06:04 PM
The video states that BRP "partners" with an oil producer to produce their oil, as we all know that no manufacturer "makes" it's own OEM oil. All we need to know is WHO makes the oil....and I'm sure that we can buy just as good, quality oil for a lot less money. XPS is prohibitively expensive. I use it in my SkiDoo sled. But there has got to be a less expensive way to get the same quality.

trikermutha
09-13-2015, 06:19 PM
well that video convinced me to stick with OEM oil.. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

Frank G
09-13-2015, 06:24 PM
The video states that BRP "partners" with an oil producer to produce their oil, as we all know that no manufacturer "makes" it's own OEM oil. All we need to know is WHO makes the oil....and I'm sure that we can buy just as good, quality oil for a lot less money. XPS is prohibitively expensive. I use it in my SkiDoo sled. But there has got to be a less expensive way to get the same quality.

Wow, the XPS oil change kit with filters, o-rings and washers is under $60.00 from my dealer. I do not think that is out of line. I get peace of mind and do not have to worry about fitment nor shop multiple stores and read countless labels wondering if I am making the right choice. Just my opinion on a beautiful Sunday evening. :ohyea:

Mazo EMS2
09-13-2015, 08:15 PM
I made it to the end of it, I didn't think it was that bad. I still have a free oil change coming from my dealer, so it'll be one more oil change for sure on XPS. After all, it's on the internet, so it has to be true

Bob Denman
09-13-2015, 08:41 PM
I believe it has been reported that their partner in the oil business is Castrol.

pitzerwm
09-13-2015, 09:59 PM
"I never had sex with that woman!!!" "There is nothing wrong with the 2013's"

bronzeflex42
09-14-2015, 10:31 AM
nothing but OEM oil for my :f_spider: XPS!!

Bob Denman
09-14-2015, 10:36 AM
:agree: I've decided that it makes no sense for a Company to sell an inferior oil in an attempt to save money.
After all; the savings of money, would never offset the increased warranty costs and loss of customers. :shocked:

Chupaca
09-14-2015, 12:10 PM
They would never make or sell an inferior oil. I have always used their oil and it has performed well. I don't even go for the top of the line full synthetic, pfrefer the blend. The added feature is if you ever have an oil related problem they cannot dispute it...:thumbup:

Tango
09-14-2015, 12:24 PM
I know everyone has their own opinion about oil. :chat: I for one know that full synthetic oils are far and away better than semi-synthetic or worse yet, Dino oils. BRP has developed their own oil, made to their specs by I believe Castrol. Does it shear quickly? Yes. Does it drop to a 5-25 weight quickly? Yes. Is it overpriced? Hell ya! :yikes: Well, guess what. They are ok with that. It's not like they didn't test it. If there was a problem, with their oil. It would have manifested itself already! If my bike wasn't under warranty, I would run what ever tickled my fancy. Another problem is, most dealers will not use any other oils. Honda specs 10-40 Dino oil in their wing for 8,000 miles. I'm good with XPS Oil. I change it once a year, about 5,000 miles. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Orange Spyder Man
09-14-2015, 12:47 PM
I don't have a Ski do... so i'll use Castrol T4 full synthetic oil in my spyder

osm