PDA

View Full Version : All the parts

james199
09-11-2015, 08:39 PM
In the past 3 days I have received my sway bar, trailer hitch and wire harness for my 15 RT so today I started the install process I started to do the sway bar but I quickly found out that I'm still not completely healed up from the crash I had in latter part of July and re broke a dang rib. So not to be defeated I sucked up the pain and jumped on the wiring for my trailer OMG ! what a pain as I had flash backs of working on the wing. Well it wasn't that bad until I run the wires to the front ( I'm one of thoes people that hides everything) Do you think they could put any more plastic and screws in that thing ? Well it took me every bit of 4 hours to do it and it looks Great. So I then opened the box for the hitch. How can a dealer charge what they ask to install that thing as it only has 4 parts plus 8 bolts ( I felt robbed ) it took me less than 20 minutes to do it. Now I can once again pull my bunk house to unknown locations.. I'll be installing the sway bar in about a month..lol...Oh I got Doc's shock stiffeners ordered and will be doing then first of the week.

SpyderAnn01
09-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Sounds like you had a full day especially considering the broken rib!

Chupaca
09-11-2015, 11:46 PM
The part about the rib...congrats on the other installs..!! :2thumbs: your good to go..:ohyea:so where to....

SailnDive
09-12-2015, 08:26 AM
I'm doing the wiring harness today. Seems like a "test" of patience. Getting the bike up high made the sway bar install easy...but I had a forklift to make it easy to lift. Good luck.

Highwayman2013
09-12-2015, 10:00 AM
:thumbup: Keep up the good work!

Bob Denman
09-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Here's to hoping that you end up making a quick and complete recovery! :cheers: :2thumbs: