PDA

View Full Version : SPPYDERQUEST

Vt. Rider
09-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Took a ride over to Lake George to check out the event. Only able to go today.....commitments for the rest of the week.
Well, I checked out the vendors....not many, but those who were there were selling big ticket items. No junk here....just GOOD STUFF that you can use. Anyway, I checked out Ultimate Seats and saw a nice one...and my wife wanted arm rests to match. Couldn't decide....didn't really want to spend the money just now, but I realize that next year it'll cost more. So we went into town for lunch and to think it over. Then on the way back to the event, I stopped for gas. I asked my wife to pump it while I went in to get a scratch ticket......only had $10 in the wallet, so I bought two $5 tickets. One was a looser and the other one was good for 500 bucks.
Got the seat, armrest and had a lzser alignment to boot !!! The alignment is fantastic !!!
Got home tonight and found out that I won another $250 in the Vermont 2nd chance lottery !!!

A good time was had by all !!!!

Chupaca
09-09-2015, 08:03 PM
now thats the way to shop..:2thumbs::yes:if you hadn't stopped to think about it would have been expensive...:yikes: enjoy..:ohyea::ohyea:

SpyderAnn01
09-09-2015, 08:18 PM
You are one lucky guy! Congratulations.

HIspyder
09-09-2015, 08:25 PM
You need to book a flight to Las Vegas and quick! Congrats!

bmccaffrey
09-09-2015, 08:32 PM
Good for you:yes:

This has been a problem with the quest in my opinion is vendor particapation.

They say it is all about the rides which is good .

But people like the farkles and are willing to spend money.

Give them the vendors to accomadate them.

This is lacking as far as my opinion:hun:

ARtraveler
09-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Hello VT. Some people have the magic touch when it comes to winning. Some don't. :roflblack: I bet you know where I fit in. :roflblack::roflblack:

:congrats:

Bob Denman
09-10-2015, 06:59 AM
SpyderQuest is about the rides... ;)
It's in just about the prettiest place in New York, at the nicest time of the year.
It can be tough to attract vendors to an event where everyone is (hopefully!) out riding all day.
I'd like to think that a delicate balance is being found... and with the talented folks who plan this great event; it will only continue to improve! :2thumbs:

jtpollock
09-10-2015, 07:41 AM
Took a ride over to Lake George to check out the event. Only able to go today.....commitments for the rest of the week.
Well, I checked out the vendors....not many, but those who were there were selling big ticket items. No junk here....just GOOD STUFF that you can use. Anyway, I checked out Ultimate Seats and saw a nice one...and my wife wanted arm rests to match. Couldn't decide....didn't really want to spend the money just now, but I realize that next year it'll cost more. So we went into town for lunch and to think it over. Then on the way back to the event, I stopped for gas. I asked my wife to pump it while I went in to get a scratch ticket......only had $10 in the wallet, so I bought two $5 tickets. One was a looser and the other one was good for 500 bucks.
Got the seat, armrest and had a lzser alignment to boot !!! The alignment is fantastic !!!
Got home tonight and found out that I won another $250 in the Vermont 2nd chance lottery !!!

A good time was had by all !!!!

Some people have all the luck..:ohyea::thumbup::congrats:jtpollock.

Blade
09-10-2015, 07:57 AM
Congrats on the win. How is the seat? And does the laser alignment make a significant difference in the Sypder's handling?

Blade

Ex Winger
09-10-2015, 12:00 PM
You.ll love the seat and congrats on the win.I put on the Ultimate seat then went on a 1800 km 4 day ride.Couldn,t have done it with the stock seat.
Bill:thumbup:

Vt. Rider
09-10-2015, 03:11 PM
The seat is nice......better than stock, but the backrest is GREAT !!!
As far as the alignment......I believe that having it done is probably the most effective improvement you can do to your Spyder.
I purchased a "dealer demo" with 1,000 or so miles on it. I wasn't really pleased with the new ride, and wished that I hadn't sold my Goldwing. But....I have to live with my decisions. Even yesterday, riding over to New York, I noticed that my shoulders ached a bit. After having it aligned, I took the long way home...about 160 miles, and immediately noticed that everything felt smoother....I could relax better, and .....it's tough to explain, but when taking the curves at speed, I kept making "mid course corrections"....kind of weaving side to side (minutely) while in the corners. Well, all that disappeared. Taking the curves at speed is as smooth as silk. Even my wife noticed the difference, as in her position as a passenger, she felt the side to side motion even more than mine. It just feels good.
I watched the alignment process, and when he put the laser on the wheels, with the handlebars straight ahead, the front tires were off by about an inch and a half. The tech said that my wheels were aiming left while I was steering straight, and causing the tires to "scrub". The alignment cost $130., and was well worth it.

IGETAROUND
09-10-2015, 05:33 PM
:yes:The force was obviously with you. I too had my spyder aligned, I'm driving 40 miles one way each day to attend; staying with a good friend in Vermont. The cornering is now flat, feel attached to rails no matter how hard I push it. Effort as you mentioned is markedly reduced.

His comment was that is the worst spyder for out of alignment I've ever done. This from the co owner of Rolo!!! (But perhaps Norm says that to everyone)

If you want some great floor boards for your RS talk with Norm or visit their web site. Gave me a steal of a deal at Spyder Quest!!!!!!!!!!:yes::clap::ohyea::thumbup::thumbup ::thumbup:

bmccaffrey
09-10-2015, 06:58 PM
SpyderQuest is about the rides... ;)
It's in just about the prettiest place in New York, at the nicest time of the year.
It can be tough to attract vendors to an event where everyone is (hopefully!) out riding all day.
I'd like to think that a delicate balance is being found... and with the talented folks who plan this great event; it will only continue to improve! :2thumbs:

Lake George is beautiful Bob.Been going there since my kids could walk and still go there once or twice a year.
Most people asked last year about shorter rides and more vendors.

There was more new registrations then returnees.

Why???:dontknow:

TEWKS
09-10-2015, 07:54 PM
In the lot last night at Spyderquest. Some very nice light work brightened things up! :thumbup: And a couple shots from my ride up to Whiteface Mountain, was awesome even with some clouds. Sorry about the sideways pics! :dontknow:

Pat

SpydermanCT
09-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Lake George is beautiful Bob.Been going there since my kids could walk and still go there once or twice a year.
Most people asked last year about shorter rides and more vendors.

There was more new registrations then returnees.

Why???:dontknow:

Just curious... You know there were more new registrations then returnees how?:dontknow:

bmccaffrey
09-10-2015, 08:26 PM
When registration opened it was posted that way.

With new registrants.

I was unable to attend this year, but will be there next ans offered to help out.

Usually follow the post after the event. Can gain a lot of knowledge what people want.

Love lake george and spyders. Great combination :yes::ohyea: