PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Spyder...what's your guess?

Lamonster
09-08-2015, 02:17 PM
In 10 days from now we will see the 2016 product line. So far every year they have surprised us with new colors and new products. What's your guess for the 2016 Spyder lineup? Just color change, new Spyder, new versions? Joan and I will be reporting live from the show and we'll let you know as soon as we can. We'll check back and answer questions that you might have while we're there. I'm always excited this time of year so keep an eye out Friday the 18th for news about the 2016 lineup. :doorag:

Bob Denman
09-08-2015, 02:23 PM
:D I'll guess that they've given the rear of the RTs an update, so that the taillights now match those on the Freedom Trailers...
Blue will be back for the RTs...
(not that ST Blue either!)
Mechanically; nothing will change.

ARtraveler
09-08-2015, 02:34 PM
:agree: with Bob D who has stole most of my thunder. :roflblack:

I am hoping for a "really new" color or two. All my other predictions have been covered.

Is the winner going to get a new one as a prize? :roflblack: :yes:

Bob Denman
09-08-2015, 02:57 PM
:opps: Sorry...
I'll go delete some of my prognostications, and leave some room in here for you! :thumbup:

bruiser
09-08-2015, 03:33 PM
The ST will be discontinued. It wasn't a big seller anyway and it's too close in style competition to the F3. The RS will stay as an entry level offering, retaining the 998 power train. As usual, there will be new color combinations and single colors. I agree with Bob that blue will most likely make a return appearance but not the blue of past years. I also think there will be more flat color combinations for the RS and the F3S. I have a gut feeling there is going to be a body style change in the RT. I can't put my finger on it, but there seems to be a disturbance in the Force. I don't believe there are going to be any big changes to the F3. Maybe dash/gauge wise. Hopefully more windscreen choices and a radio for the F3S.

All will be revealed soon. And the lovers and haters will burn up the Spyder sites with comments.

samewok
09-08-2015, 03:47 PM
They in put the new vents on all RT's and new paint.

cuznjohn
09-08-2015, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqg9fQm6R6k

WEB-WVR
09-08-2015, 04:05 PM
My guess....they will make a BLACK color in all models.....yes....black. ;)

DJFaninTN
09-08-2015, 05:33 PM
they will have 3 wheels.

that's all I got

Bob Denman
09-08-2015, 05:37 PM
I think that you've got the best chance of being right! :clap: :firstplace:

Chupaca
09-08-2015, 05:45 PM
colors, of course. But the ST and or RSS triple. They will leave the RS/RT/F3 alone. I am where I want to be and unless they can come up with something better than what I got I will :ohyea::ohyea:ryde on....

loisk
09-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Thanks Lamonster, it'll be good to see what they come up with.
Colours? over here in Oz we don't get your full colour selection, so really almost a non-issue.
Models? I have to disagree with many comments that the ST is replaced by the F3 - totally different ergonomics. That said, they may well drop the ST from the range, but what would be great is an ST with the 1330 motor - the frame is ready.

RS? Entry Level? I wonder when BRP will join Harley, Moto Guzzi and many others in picking up the lower-cc market? Apparently the biggest seller this year in Oz is the 500cc Harley. The Ace 600cc triple would do the job in a light-weight entry level RS and would enable thousands of learner riders to start their motorcycling life with Can Am - and as all marketing gurus know, if you get the customer at the beginning you have a good chance of keeping them...

Oh and how about adjustable tri-axis bars across RS, ST and RT as standard???

What I really want is a 1330 motor to put into my ST. I somehow don't think this is going to happen...

MidTNDawg
09-08-2015, 05:52 PM
---

JkRbbt
09-08-2015, 06:08 PM
To quote a famous person, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!" That is not a putdown of folks who are getting all excited, but rather a statement of my own situation. After TWO rather questionable experiences with a 2013 and 2014 RT, I now have a 2015 mag/red F3S and I am having a ball! They can make whatever they want for 2016! I am a happy camper right where I am! :clap: Now..., 2018/2019/2020??? :dontknow: :roflblack:

CanAmChris
09-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Stock LED lights that are still reflectors all around! (oh wait, that won't happen... it's a nice dream though)

A rom flash that raises the rev limiter just a little bit? The 1330 can do so much more! (oh wait, that won't happen... )

I am already out of ideas so I will just continue to love what I've got.

Deanna777
09-08-2015, 07:56 PM
I the color for the RTS-SE6'S will be 2 tone( Turquoise/White) Painted dash board to match Turquoise. Deanna

otter28169
09-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Colors will change and modest styling changes, but nothing worth getting excited over I fear :(

Just sayin'............

Sarge707
09-08-2015, 08:27 PM
To quote a famous person, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!" That is not a putdown of folks who are getting all excited, but rather a statement of my own situation. After TWO rather questionable experiences with a 2013 and 2014 RT, I now have a 2015 mag/red F3S and I am having a ball! They can make whatever they want for 2016! I am a happy camper right where I am! :clap: Now..., 2018/2019/2020??? :dontknow: :roflblack:

I agree! I traded My 09 GS for the F3 Torque Monster and Now that my final payment has been made on my 2012 RT I'm considering selling it to Pay Off The F3 and Have NO DEBT???

With the F3 Performance and Maintenance Schedule There is NO NEED for me to have 2 Spyders anymore!!!nojokenojoke:roflblack:

garb55
09-08-2015, 08:35 PM

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

cohoff
09-08-2015, 08:49 PM
I the color for the RTS-SE6'S will be 2 tone( Turquoise/White) Painted dash board to match Turquoise. Deanna

That is my dream Spyder. If they come out with that color combo I will be all over it.

dmfahie
09-08-2015, 10:09 PM
:D I'll guess that they've given the rear of the RTs an update, so that the taillights now match those on the Freedom Trailers...
Blue will be back for the RTs...
(not that ST Blue either!)
Mechanically; nothing will change.
I just looked at the freedom trailer today.., and the part I didn't like was the back lights

IWN2RYD
09-08-2015, 10:16 PM
From the looks of the guesses so far, a few of you are going to be surprised! :doorag:

Dubliner
09-08-2015, 10:38 PM
My local dealer suggested that I wait until the new flavours are exposed next week before putting my readies on a mark [emoji3] now I'm not sure if that means there will be a new selection to feast the eyes on or an affordable intermediate model or that with the new selection it will lower prices on new old stock and they will be out there for all to see or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
09-09-2015, 07:09 AM
:D Only 9 more days...

:shocked: Tick... Tick... Tick... :shocked:

Orange Spyder Man
09-09-2015, 07:17 AM
price increase...

osm

Rob Rodriguez
09-09-2015, 07:40 AM
For 2016 BRP will release the RSX. The first leaning Spyder. Powered by an enhanced version of the proven 991 Rotax that delivers 145hp. The RSX will come standard with industry leading Baja Ron swaybar and Elka shocks providing superior suspension and handling performance. Riders will find a newly configured electronics package that allows them to choose the level of performance which best suits their riding style. "Sport" mode provides the same traction and stability control found on previous RSS models while "adventure" mode allows riders to push the RSX to limits never allowed before by the electronics in previous Spyder models. RSX models will sport less tupperware, show more of the bike mechanicals and be right at home in the"naked/standard" motorcycle market. Gone is the hard mounted rear fender and plate bracket in favor of a more traditional "sport fender" which has been offered as an accessory for past model years. The package is rounded out with standard hand brake, GPS, heated grips and radio. All wrapped up in an orange/gray or yellow/black color combinations.

Cavman
09-09-2015, 11:56 AM
There is nothing like the sound of a V-12 Rolls Royce Merlin on the Tarmac in a P-51 Mustang! Pure pleasure!

Bob Denman
09-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Did you notice the fire extinguisher sitting nearby? I guess that it was a 2013 Merlin... :roflblack: :joke:

daveinva
09-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Paint and price, nothing else. :(

Off year, guys. NEXT year will bring something dramatic.

ARtraveler
09-09-2015, 01:35 PM
You folks have to like what Rob says in post #26 though. :bowdown:

bscrive
09-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Three predictions:

The ST line will be discontinued.
The RS will have the tupperware more like the F3. The bottom of the engine will be exposed to let out the heat.
The F3 & RT will only have colour changes.

DLewis
09-09-2015, 01:45 PM
For 2016 BRP will release the RSX. The first leaning Spyder. Powered by an enhanced version of the proven 991 Rotax that delivers 145hp. The RSX will come standard with industry leading Baja Ron swaybar and Elka shocks providing superior suspension and handling performance. Riders will find a newly configured electronics package that allows them to choose the level of performance which best suits their riding style. "Sport" mode provides the same traction and stability control found on previous RSS models while "adventure" mode allows riders to push the RSX to limits never allowed before by the electronics in previous Spyder models. RSX models will sport less tupperware, show more of the bike mechanicals and be right at home in the"naked/standard" motorcycle market. Gone is the hard mounted rear fender and plate bracket in favor of a more traditional "sport fender" which has been offered as an accessory for past model years. The package is rounded out with standard hand brake, GPS, heated grips and radio. All wrapped up in an orange/gray or yellow/black color combinations.

I like the way you think!!! :bowdown:

Darren111
09-09-2015, 01:49 PM
I think they will bring back a two wheeler bike;)

retread
09-09-2015, 02:30 PM
They will introduce a beginner's Spyder, 250 cc, built in China....oh, wait, that's already been done!!:joke:

john

Bob Denman
09-09-2015, 02:37 PM
:agree: :shocked:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115727&stc=1

Magdave
09-09-2015, 02:44 PM
The RT will be modified to match the vents on a 2013 and maybe even go with a F3 style front end and rear storage a lot like the photo shopped one that has been floating around. Many will not be happy with the slight loss of storage and come here to whine about it. :shocked:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=109035&d=1433770908

Magdave
09-09-2015, 02:45 PM
OK so here is the real deal :thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36965&d=1321417037

Bob Denman
09-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Dave,
Is that a 2016 model, or a 2066? :D :2thumbs:

Magdave
09-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Dave,
Is that a 2016 model, or a 2066? :D :2thumbs:

Whaaat you see a bike there?:hun:

ARtraveler
09-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Dave: hope you are wrong on the RT--for some reason, I have never liked that version.

Where is this picture of the futuristic bike you are referencing? :roflblack::roflblack:

Sarge707
09-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Three predictions:

The ST line will be discontinued.
The RS will have the tupperware more like the F3. The bottom of the engine will be exposed to let out the heat.
The F3 & RT will only have colour changes.

:agree: I think your Very Close!:clap:

Bob Denman
09-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Whaaat you see a bike there?:hun:
:shocked: I wasn't talking about the bike... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LetJHQ_V05o

StanProff
09-09-2015, 08:25 PM
I just looked at the freedom trailer today.., and the part I didn't like was the back lights

I'm not a fan of the Freedom trailer. Just my opinion though. That's why I kept my 2010 model 622 and rewired for the 14 RTS. I am fond of the double access lids and the room the 622 has. Besides the lights match my '14.
Different strokes for different folks as they say. That makes the world go round.

flamingobabe
09-10-2015, 02:50 PM
well....I agree that I think the ST is gone....wish it was getting the new 1330.....time will tell

OJ UK
09-10-2015, 06:09 PM
I've already said elsewhere what I think the new models will be and how existing models will be canned....so

as we've already had a Merlin engine in this thread, here's another in a different application:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=93&v=-NaLzg5c26o

Bob Denman
09-11-2015, 09:04 AM
:D Only a week to go now! :thumbup:
Lamont,
Will this be another 8:00pm roll-out? :dontknow:
When should we all show up here for the details?

tigerdr
09-11-2015, 10:35 AM
My guess is:

. a new F3 Touring model
. no more RS models
. light design changes of the RT models and new colors
. new colors for the F3 and the F3S
. new colors for the ST models
. no mechanical change on all models

Rockwall
09-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Minor cosmetic and small mechanical updates to all models.

ingramwc
09-11-2015, 10:54 AM
I like cuznjohn's idea with the RR Merlin engine. But I guess that is not very practical, really quick though!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Sarge707
09-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Personally I think the RS should go because Most people that buy Spyders are over 40 and I would bet that given a choice those would take a ST because of the More Upright Seating position and the Better Height of the Handlebars? Just include a Economy Model so Younger people can afford it.

Bfromla
09-11-2015, 01:57 PM
What ever happened to the hybrid? 115891 & guess higher prices like a triple digit$$$BRP cupholder! , or they might add a steringwheel & bucket seats,jump into the AUTOCYCLE market! & why is it F3 ,bigger engine but no trailer option?!

ARtraveler
09-11-2015, 02:21 PM
What ever happened to the hybrid? 115891 & guess higher prices like a triple digit$$$BRP cupholder! , or they might add a steringwheel & bucket seats,jump into the AUTOCYCLE market!

I would be very surprised on a hybrid. There have been less than five that really said they would buy one. More have said they liked it--but would they be willing to part with $40K plus (my estimate of cost)?

This was suggested during a "green" time. Funded largely by the Canadian government. Have not heard anything for a long time on this one.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: By this time next week, the site will be alive with all the comments. :yes::yes:

900Dave
09-13-2015, 03:58 PM
The ST stays and gets the most attention from BRP. IMO.

It already far outsells the RS so why discontinue?

RS- gone/maybe
ST- 1330 new frunk to accommodate the radiators
RT- color changes
F3- color changes

Deanna777
09-13-2015, 05:34 PM
That is my dream Spyder. If they come out with that color combo I will be all over it. Or any 2 tone color combine, time will tell. Deanna

Deanna777
09-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Only 5 days to go until we all know..........and who is counting:roflblack::roflblack: Deanna

Wildrice
09-13-2015, 07:23 PM

I heard they are going to put 6 cyl up front & 6 cyl in the rear to balance the load---also rear tire size will be increased. Personally I doubt the F3 could handle more than 175 rwhp at max. I have 343 rwhp/212 lb torq on a 525 lb on a 2007 Hayabusa. I believe I reached to point in my life when I don't--can't handle the visual data processing. Everything I've ever had I wanted just a little more HP. This getting older---some gal at the doctors office said "These golden years can kiss my ass" The F3's is a fun ride & I still would like just a little more rwhp---but not much more. Just installed the foam grip sleeves on the handle bars---when I a find a foot floorboard rest vibration reducer I will be happy----until I get another bug up my rear end. Peace Out.....

otter28169
09-14-2015, 07:46 PM
The ST stays and gets the most attention from BRP. IMO.

It already far outsells the RS so why discontinue?

RS- gone/maybe
ST- 1330 new frunk to accommodate the radiators
RT- color changes
F3- color changes

If BRP discontinues the RS and does not have a "sport" model to replace it then they can Kiss the younger crowd (myself included) goodbye. Not many 25 year old males are going to choose an RR/F3/ST over an RS.

Just sayin'............

DrewNJ
09-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Personally I think the RS should go because Most people that buy Spyders are over 40 and I would bet that given a choice those would take a ST because of the More Upright Seating position and the Better Height of the Handlebars? Just include a Economy Model so Younger people can afford it.
I'm over 40 and agree with otter. If they drop the RS and don't have a reasonable non-old person replacement, I won't be purchasing another. Not all of us "aging" people who do have money are looking for a rolling comfy couch, and we sure as hell have no interest in any budget beginner model..[emoji57]

How about an overpriced sport model with a crap load of power!?!

loisk
09-14-2015, 08:23 PM
All I want is a 1330 ST-L in denim blue ...

and smaller capacity ?RS? - so that every time somebody walks away, dejected, upon learning that a full motorcycle lic is required - which takes over three years - yes 3 - in Victoria, Australia -- well I would be able to say "wait, there is one model which is LAMS" ie able to be ridden while going through the 3 year process.
So people with short legs 'ducks disease', bad balance or just a very understandable caution of Melbourne drivers would have the chance to join our spyder community.
I would rather see more happy than dejected faces! :D

Of course this all has absolutely nothing to do with what we'll get! :roflblack:

900Dave
09-15-2015, 03:15 PM
If BRP discontinues the RS and does not have a "sport" model to replace it then they can Kiss the younger crowd (myself included) goodbye. Not many 25 year old males are going to choose an RR/F3/ST over an RS.

Just sayin'............

I said Maybe! Or maybe there is a totally redesigned and renamed RS?? Or something like that. Who knows.

Rob Rodriguez
09-15-2015, 03:34 PM
I'm over 40 and agree with otter. If they drop the RS and don't have a reasonable non-old person replacement, I won't be purchasing another. Not all of us "aging" people who do have money are looking for a rolling comfy couch, and we sure as hell have no interest in any budget beginner model..[emoji57]

How about an overpriced sport model with a crap load of power!?!

Otter and DrewNJ......................I'm with you guys!

trikermutha
09-15-2015, 03:50 PM
A better display that you can see better during the day or night.Turn signal indicators you can see when turning during the day light hours.

Bob Denman
09-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Whatever happens; will happen on Friday...
My dealer is flying down to the show on Friday morning, and he has promised to "Stay in touch"... :D
Whatever that means! :shocked:

Lamonster
09-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Joan and I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon so we can have all day to play in Nashville on Thursday. As soon as I have something I'll post it here. :doorag:

Bob Denman
09-15-2015, 05:41 PM
:2thumbs:
Waiting not-so-patiently... :D
:bbq::bbq::bbq:

PistonBlown
09-15-2015, 07:06 PM
From an NZ perspective they would be daft to drop the RS as it's the main seller, RT is second, very few ST's around and no F3's that I'm aware of as they have only just started arriving in the country.

I suspect the model split in Europe etc is different to the US as well.

In fact for NZ the F3 is the new model for 2016:-)

Whatever the new stuff is we'll not see it for a year (if at all) so it doesn't really matter.

aeroshots
09-16-2015, 11:43 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=116257&stc=1

jcthorne
09-16-2015, 12:43 PM
A better display that you can see better during the day or night.Turn signal indicators you can see when turning during the day light hours.

The F3 has neither of those problems. There really is no need of the full color display on the RT that is very hard to read in bright light. Perhaps they could go to one of the color e-paper displays...

loisk
09-16-2015, 08:18 PM
The F3 has neither of those problems. There really is no need of the full color display on the RT that is very hard to read in bright light. Perhaps they could go to one of the color e-paper displays...

OR MAYBE they could just give us a choice of display - like even really cheap GPS units do ! push a button, scroll through, and choose a colour scheme to suit :clap:

Oh and same as phones, a choice of Font Size - I don't use trip meters etc as can't read the print without my reading glasses, which haha I don't wear while riding and I always forget to turn spyder on, put on reading glasses, play with trip meter, put away glasses, put on helmet ohhh I just wanna get out there and ride!

Sarge707
09-16-2015, 08:28 PM
The F3 goes back to the GS/RS display which Does Not Suck Electricity once shut off.
After Riding My 2012 RT sm5 and My New F3 sm6 I just wish the F3 had 5 speeds because I Can Rev out the RT and hit 60 in second gear while the sm6 is cumbersome to me??
Yes- The 6 gears give you travelers better mileage BUT is cumbersome to shift through the 6 Gears for someone who drives locally?
Just ANOTHER reason I need to keep the 2012 RT and it DOES NOT have the belt vibration?

trikermutha
09-16-2015, 08:39 PM

I be happy to read the small letters/numbers on the display..

RotaxDuramax
09-16-2015, 09:44 PM
In the videos, it looks like the 3 Spyders are the F3, followed by an F3 with RT style mirrors and a windscreen, and the RT bringing up the rear.

Darren111
09-17-2015, 02:47 PM
I think a 2 wheeler will be announced tommorrow:dontknow:

tigerdr
09-17-2015, 05:45 PM
I think a 2 wheeler will be announced tommorrow:dontknow:
It's a good guess.

rjs
09-17-2015, 09:20 PM
Hand Brake
Beautiful Blue F3s like Mr. JCTHORNE that is an awsome lookin bike
Drop the Red for the f3s, I currently own still at the dealers in the box
If they add a hand brake and a JCTHORNE blue
I will have a Red 2015 with 0 miles on it for sale
15 hours and counting

ric

Trbayth
09-18-2015, 06:23 AM
I thought the announcement was supposed to be at 1:00? Saw a tweet from them yesterday that said 9:30PM Central Time

Bob Denman
09-18-2015, 07:28 AM
:D At some point in time today; we'll find out!! :thumbup:
Please wake me up, when the announcement is made. :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=116312&stc=1

By the way; on FaceBook it mentions 9:30pm Central time... 10:30 for us easterners...
The rest of you will have to do your own Math.

Lagaffe
09-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Hurry Up !

It's timeeeeee...

:clap:

Bob Denman
09-18-2015, 09:39 AM
:shocked: Tick... Tick... Tickety... Tick... :shocked:

trikermutha
09-18-2015, 09:40 AM
9:30 central time..

Pampurrs
09-18-2015, 09:47 AM
9:30 central time..

7:30 Arizona time :dg1:

Darren111
09-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Its now 17.12pm here in the UK and no news of the announcement from America.

ARtraveler
09-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Its now 17.12pm here in the UK and no news of the announcement from America.

Here is the official BRP countdown to release of information.

The "official" release seems to be 10:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.

https://em.realtime.email/service/rte?kind=countdown&id=1251844705 (http://mail.brp.com/a/hBV$BZYB8gGYHB9FfdSAAIhqC.B8gGYHw1/countd-1)

Darren111
09-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Off to bed now as it is 10.00pm in the UK and up in 6 hours time for the 2016 announcement.

Sempyder
09-18-2015, 07:44 PM
I just wanted to let every one know that the yellow streak in all the BRP clips; well, that was me riding my Spyder. Read it and weep. [emoji28][emoji23][emoji23]

Sempert out,

DJFaninTN
09-18-2015, 08:26 PM
at least they have a blue in the RT package this year. nice color