PDA

View Full Version : Guilty of Emotions

ARtraveler
09-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Lately, there has been a lot of discussion of "do's and don'ts" for posters. Many of the oldtimers (regulars like me), have seemed to draw the most criticism. :dontknow:

The subject of "emotions" has come up. I confess, I am guilty of using them a lot. :bowdown:

I tend to use them as I like the fact that they break up the typing. Sometimes they make for a quick shortcut--as in Spyder--I like to use the :spyder2: instead. If I am going to use Spyder more than once, I sometimes alternate the colors (:ani29:) just to keep it interesting. :yes:

A page of full typing with no breaks in the paragraphs either, is kind of a handful for this elderly, going on blind, person.

I would like to continue posting on the site. It gives me opportunity to keep informed of the latest :spyder2: goings on. It also gives me a chance to have some daily banter with the few who call me friend. Sometimes I even get a chance to share information with new posters or answer a question from the dusty archives.

I was fortunate enough to be an early adopter of the brand. Have had the joy of owning five different :ani29:, two different engine configurations, and a couple different models.

Also seen good and bad happen with the brand over the years.

Sometimes, I feel that there are a few who are doing their best to run (us) off. I guess when we get old, we have served our purpose and must be delegated to the past. Now I am actually getting emotional.

Pampurrs
09-08-2015, 01:54 PM
I really appreciate your posts. I normally read everything you have to say, no matter what the topic. I have learned much from you and some of the other "Old Timers". Please keep on doing what you have been doing. I thank you. :bowdown:

Pam

SpyderCruiser
09-08-2015, 01:57 PM
I for one, enjoy the "emotions" and enjoy them in your posts. Also like the fact that you take the extra time to add them. Keep up the good work :clap:

Bob Denman
09-08-2015, 02:02 PM
D,
:shocked: Relax...
You're doing a GREAT job, and we've all got your back! :clap: :2thumbs:

Pennyrick
09-08-2015, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=akspyderman;1033965

Sometimes, I feel that there are a few who are doing their best to run (us) off. I guess when we get old, we have served our purpose and must be delegated to the past. .[/QUOTE]

But where would we run you off to? Certainly not to Alaska as some folks feel that is cold and foreboding.

No, it is best to keep you (and most others) around to add a lot flavor to this Spyder stew we all muck around in.

When I feel someone is over the top I get sarcastic and then I find the sarcasm is lost anyway. Maybe I am too obtuse... but more likely just too old for most.

I do enjoy the posts... have learned quite a bit about more than just Spyderstuff and maybe just made a contribution here and there.

Cruzr Joe
09-08-2015, 02:09 PM
D,
:shocked: Relax...
You're doing a GREAT job, and we've all got your back! :clap: :2thumbs:

:agree::agree::agree:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
09-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Joe,
:shocked: Are we allowed to use that many "Cute little Dudes" now? :dontknow: :banghead:
:opps: Oops... :roflblack:

mowin
09-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Well this is how I feel about using them..:chat::dontknow::clap:;);):agree::ani29::cof fee::bowdown::p:firstplace::firstplace::rolleyes:: cheers:...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Keep posting.

DR Buck
09-08-2015, 06:01 PM
The great thing :yes: about using the :shocked: "emotions" :yikes: is spell check don't change them. :dg1:

:trike::bdh::cheers::ohyea::dontknow::lecturef_smi lie::roflblack::duh:

Chupaca
09-08-2015, 06:27 PM
I'm with you and behind you in more ways than one :roflblack::roflblack: have not been here as long but notice that it comes and goes...or they do :spyder:. I have the added issue (as you do) of being on the other coast where as I post when most have gone to bed. When they go online in the AM they will see me all over the place. The next time I am about most are at work so when they get home and go online there I am again....but you have to remember that you reply to the original poster and he is not the one complaining, he would be the one appreciating your post. You could say its not anyone elses business...:roflblack: so why are they upset..??:dontknow::dontknow: love the emotions, they add so much to the post....:ohyea::ohyea:

PrairieSpyder
09-08-2015, 06:43 PM
"Emotions" I think the same person was also concerned about lots of videos being posted in responses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oHYYaw9jA

Oops! Sorry!

Upstater
09-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Lately, there has been a lot of discussion of "do's and don'ts" for posters. Many of the oldtimers (regulars like me), have seemed to draw the most criticism. :dontknow:

The subject of "emotions" has come up. I confess, I am guilty of using them a lot. :bowdown:

I tend to use them as I like the fact that they break up the typing. Sometimes they make for a quick shortcut--as in Spyder--I like to use the :spyder2: instead. If I am going to use Spyder more than once, I sometimes alternate the colors (:ani29:) just to keep it interesting. :yes:

A page of full typing with no breaks in the paragraphs either, is kind of a handful for this elderly, going on blind, person.

I would like to continue posting on the site. It gives me opportunity to keep informed of the latest :spyder2: goings on. It also gives me a chance to have some daily banter with the few who call me friend. Sometimes I even get a chance to share information with new posters or answer a question from the dusty archives.

I was fortunate enough to be an early adopter of the brand. Have had the joy of owning five different :ani29:, two different engine configurations, and a couple different models.

Also seen good and bad happen with the brand over the years.

Sometimes, I feel that there are a few who are doing their best to run (us) off. I guess when we get old, we have served our purpose and must be delegated to the past. Now I am actually getting emotional.

:agree::thumbup::popcorn::popcorn::clap::cheers::o hyea::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::yes:

Bob Denman
09-08-2015, 06:53 PM
"Emotions" I think the same person was also concerned about lots of videos being posted in responses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oHYYaw9jA

Oops! Sorry!

:roflblack::roflblack: :clap: :firstplace:M

bmccaffrey
09-08-2015, 07:30 PM
I think they a great along with the old timers.

Keep up the good post:shocked:

Dubliner
09-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Getting emotional about emoticons, you will find that there are "greeters" on many of the fora out there! Even if their contribution is just a welcome message it keeps that particular forum in the public eye ie page counts with Google and friends. Or in other words keeping it at the top of the search listing. Some of us old farts have our experiences to offer that may be of use to the newer model of humans riding today especially the older way of finding the problem using common sense rather that unusual habit of replacing everything until it works [emoji13] that new mechanics tend to employ at your cost ![emoji35]

As a new prospective owner I appreciate the input of knowledgable folk like yourself who may have dubiously enjoyed first hand the fault being experienced and the possible solution to get a fellow arachnid Ryder back in the saddle.

So don't pay any heed to those naysayers, knowledge and experience is what we crave and a slice of humour and a squirt of cream adds flavour to the pie. So thank you for rising to the occasion and putting fingers to the keyboard! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loisk
09-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Re "Sometimes, I feel that there are a few who are doing their best to run (us) off. I guess when we get old, we have served our purpose and must be delegated to the past. Now I am actually getting emotional."

In cyberspace - no-one knows how old you are! (or me, or anyone else)

It's not about age, it's about passion for our Spyders and I for one have learnt so much from people on this forum - frequent and infrequent posters - so now I try to contribute too where I can, to 'pass it on' so to speak.

Your comment about posts popping up on top due to time difference is interesting - I'm on the other side of the world though not as far as OJ UK, and notice the same thing. It just adds to the fun.

No emoticons because my reading glasses are so old that the little symbols are too hard to read, and I'd HATE to pick the wrong one hahahhaha ok I'll try :popcorn:

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-09-2015, 12:24 AM
One of the most important, and useful, aspects of emoticons is to convey the unseen body language we all use. That's why I like to add :roflblack: :roflblack::roflblack: and :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: in my posts when I think I risk being misunderstood!

So pay attention to those little pictures! :lecturef_smilie:

Eagle1
09-09-2015, 06:05 AM
EMOTION on friend,:spyder2: :clap: :ohyea: :coffee:. I have learned a lot from the old timers on the forum, thanks. :chat: By the way, your only as old as you want to be, get on the Canam and your a kid again.:yes:

shakey
09-09-2015, 06:38 AM
I am new to this forum and I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge you find here. When I first got my :ani29: I was wondering if I had made a mistake in purchasing it. Then I found this site and after reading many posts from new and old members I was able to get my :spyder2: running the way I thought it should. After viewing most of the do it yourself videos I feel confident in doing some of my own maintenance. Keep on doing what you do because the information you and others provide us new members is extremely valuable. I also do not find any problems with members using the emotions in their post. :thumbup: