PDA

View Full Version : cruise control and signals???

Macgyver55
09-07-2015, 10:23 PM
hey why is it that if your on the highway and cruise is on you want to signal and change lanes it shuts down the cruise 2010 rts

ARtraveler
09-07-2015, 11:07 PM
That's a new one on me. I will have to check that out when I next ride.

A change in throttle (up will override) , a gear shift change, or braking, will do it for sure.

garb55
09-07-2015, 11:20 PM
The only things that shut off the cruise control on my 2014 RTL are:
1- brake pedal
2- shift up or down
3- shut off cruise control switch
the signals do not shut it off
the throttle does not shut it off
Don

SpyderAnn01
09-08-2015, 12:53 AM
Sounds like you've got a problem with your cruise. I've had a 2010, 2013 & 2014 RT and the cruise has never shut off on any of them simply by using the turn signals.

wiredgeorge
09-08-2015, 08:07 AM
Never figured out how to use my cruise. Hoping to never take any roads where it will be of use.

jwulf74
09-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Mine started doing that this summer... left signal to pass is no problem, but when I signal right to finish the pass, the cruise shuts off. Happens every time.

My daughter let me know that I have a bulb out in the back somewhere so I am hoping that is just something weird tied to that. I just haven't had time to pull it apart yet. I will post back if I get it figured out this weekend.

jaherbst
09-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Never figured out how to use my cruise. Hoping to never take any roads where it will be of use.

Your missing a lot my friend. Increase your joy through modern electronics.

Think of it this way: now you could use both thumbs for texting while "Spydering". :yikes:

Jack

wiredgeorge
09-08-2015, 11:21 AM
My thumbs are too fat to text... Have to poke in letters with my index finger.... You may never guess but I am not much of electronics... they make my head hurt although I can work my VCR now.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

jwulf74
09-18-2015, 05:42 PM
To the Op... I got mine figured out and guessing yours is something similar... On my 2011 the cruise would cut I signaled right. Basically it was due to the brake light coming on when I signaled.

I found a bad ground wire on the harness to my HMT brake light. The ground not being hooked up properly in the harness causes the lights to do some weird stuff. My guess would be that you have a similar problem.

flaggerphil
09-21-2015, 07:31 PM
My 2011 has never had that problem. Fortunately...

Bob Denman
09-22-2015, 07:23 AM
The Cruise Control Switch (underneath the right side grip):
Slides to either a left, or right position
And...
Can be momentarily pushed up, or down, from it's central position.

Assuming that it's "Off" (That word will be present on your center screen down by the gear positon)
That means that it's in the left position...
Push it to the Right
That will turn it on.
You set it by pushing down on the button... You don't have to hold it down... a nice firm TAP, should be all that it takes.
Once it's engaged; you can either "TAP" down, to bleed off a mph or so, or "TAP" up, to increase your speed by the same amount.
Sliding the button back to the left position, will shut off the Cruise... :thumbup:

jaherbst
09-22-2015, 07:25 AM

?

Jack

finless
09-22-2015, 11:13 AM
FYI, I helped a guy with this issue. As you know tapping the brake kills the cruise control.
Well this is somehow tied to the brake lights!

The person had added a combo brake and turn signal light (one I had not seen before). When he hit the turn signal it killed the cruise control.
The light had some kind of back feed to the brake light. Once we removed that the issue was resolved.

Bob

robmorg
09-22-2015, 12:05 PM
My thumbs are too fat to text... Have to poke in letters with my index finger.... You may never guess but I am not much of electronics... they make my head hurt although I can work my VCR now.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I LOVE using my RT's cruise control - especially on the Interstates. (Works just like it does on any car.) But I have NEVER figured out how to use Tapatalk (or why I should). :sour: "Different strokes", I guess. ;)