PDA

View Full Version : Radio Stations not clear

Deanna777
09-07-2015, 06:46 PM
I have a 2014 RTS-SE6 and the radio stations do not come in clear. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Deanna

PMK
09-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Agree and simply suggest an IPod or similar setup you can control via the left grip switches.

PK

pitzerwm
09-07-2015, 09:04 PM
I have a 2014 RTS-SE6 and the radio stations do not come in clear. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Deanna

Check to see if its under warranty.

Deanna777
09-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Check to see if its under warranty.yes, I will check to see if it under warranty. I still a lot of warranty left. Deanna

Deanna777
09-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Agree and simply suggest an IPod or similar setup you can control via the left grip switches.

PKWhat kind of IPod do you recommend?

What other similar set up do you recommend?

Deanna

Stranger1759
09-08-2015, 08:10 PM
What kind of IPod do you recommend?

Deanna

Hi Deanna,
I'm assuming you do not own any Apple devices?
The owners manual will tell you what is compatible with the radio. But the deciding factor is the BRP plug that comes with the Spyder is of the 30 pin variety.
Pretty much anything Apple that uses the 30 pin should work. From my understanding you can use a 30 pin to lightning adapter (must be Apple branded) and make any of the Apple lightning connected product work.

My solution was to find a used 8GB Ipod Touch at a pawn shop that way I could test it there to make sure it works.
I paid about $50 for it. The Apple adapter is like $35-$50.00 depending on version.

30 pin and Lightning is Apple terminology for what plugs into the bottom of the device.

Using the Apple branded products the bike allow you to control the device via the controls on the left handle bar.

All other MP3 devices use a different input and is not controlled by the bike, only the device.
Hope this helps?

PMK
09-08-2015, 08:12 PM
What kind of IPod do you recommend?

Deanna

We have an IPods Nano Gen 7 with the Apple adapter and BRP cable that came with the machine. A bit pricy but the wife insisted.

Folks here have run a variety of different IPod generations, I beleive some are even using IPhones. Thing is if you have an old phone not used for telephone any longer it may work fine for music.

Some folks have bought used IPods from EBay, Craigslist and the theifs 24 hour cash window a pawn shop.

As for other stuff, I know Mike has rerouted the oem wiring from the trunk to the glovebox and uses an MP3 player. The simple downside of that is no controls on the left grip.

FWIW, since the IPod, our FM radio has not been used. It was never great since new except when near the radio station. The IPod is consistant and the sound quality is much better.

Have fun.

PK

SpyderAnn01
09-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Deanna, I have heard of more than a few people who have had radio troubles on their 2014 RTs maybe you should ask your dealer to start a case and see if BRP will swap it out for you.

happyspyder2039
09-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Deanna Check the settings. any of the bass/treble can afffect

Bob Denman
09-09-2015, 06:56 AM
Was there an extra ground strap that could be added, or was that just to aid with CB reception?
The FM reception on mine has always been pretty dang awful (MUCH worse than my 2010); I guess that it's time to grumble about it to the dealer...

viperryder
09-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Deanna

I have a 2014 also. Had problem with radio and found out that there are two different sets of radios and hook up cables. Mine had a type "A" radio with type "B" hook up cable. Service changed out type "B" cable and unit works okay now. Hope this helps.

JayBros
09-09-2015, 07:55 AM
My radio stations come in clearly although I must apply a caveat that I listen only through my SMH10, but if the stations weren't clear to begin with the SMH10 wouldn't fix 'em. I vote with the OP who suggest going to dealer for warranty replacement. You paid for the warranty.

sduskin
09-09-2015, 08:42 AM
I use a used iphone 4s. it provides music and I can use it to dial 911 in an emergency!

-Steve.

Chupaca
09-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Get one of these....
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115716&stc=1
you can hear New Zeland loud and clear..:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: hope dealer can get you fixed up. My G9 has FM but holding a station while ryding the canyons is feeble at best. Just use my mp3 on shuffle and try to guess whats next...:thumbup:

Deanna777
09-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Hi Deanna,
I'm assuming you do not own any Apple devices?
The owners manual will tell you what is compatible with the radio. But the deciding factor is the BRP plug that comes with the Spyder is of the 30 pin variety.
Pretty much anything Apple that uses the 30 pin should work. From my understanding you can use a 30 pin to lightning adapter (must be Apple branded) and make any of the Apple lightning connected product work.

My solution was to find a used 8GB Ipod Touch at a pawn shop that way I could test it there to make sure it works.
I paid about $50 for it. The Apple adapter is like $35-$50.00 depending on version.

30 pin and Lightning is Apple terminology for what plugs into the bottom of the device.

Using the Apple branded products the bike allow you to control the device via the controls on the left handle bar.

All other MP3 devices use a different input and is not controlled by the bike, only the device.
Hope this helps?Sent Pm. Deanna

Deanna777
09-13-2015, 02:59 PM
Deanna, I have heard of more than a few people who have had radio troubles on their 2014 RTs maybe you should ask your dealer to start a case and see if BRP will swap it out for you.Sent Pm. Deanna

Deanna777
09-13-2015, 03:03 PM
Check the settings. any of the bass/treble can afffect I will check, Thanks, Deanna