PDA

View Full Version : Wing Ding 37

Cavman
09-02-2015, 11:41 PM
I'm attending Wing Ding 37 in Huntsville, AL. So far, I've seen about a dozen Spyder RTs. We are here in numbers. It's great to see such a good turn out of Spyders!

We had a fine dinner at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center tonight at the welcome party. Over head was a Saturn V rocket. That sucker is BIG!.
According to the news tonight, there was a fire of some sort, in another building? Missed that as I was back at the hotel by then.

There was to be a beer garden party tomorrow night? Have to see on that one?
Thursday evening there will be a light parade around the VBC/Big Spring Park.
Late Friday afternoon into the early evening are concerts held around the Huntsville area. Pick your taste in music.
BBQ dinner Saturday night.
Everyday there are demo rides of several different brands of bikes...but not any BRP products, sorry to say.:(

Chupaca
09-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Sounds like a great event going on there..:yes::yes:fun is being had by everyone..:clap:enjoy and send a picture our way...:thumbup:

PMK
09-03-2015, 05:13 AM
Seems odd that BRP hit Sturgis to focus on the cruiser group with the new F3 option package, but avoided the established touring group with Goldwings.

Ironically, we get a lot of questions from the Goldwing riders about our RTs. Seems many plan to keep riding until they can't. The fear of a tipover on the Goldwing is very real for many of these riders as they are getting older and the RT series is something they seriously consider.

Overall, sounds like a fun time and you are enjoying it.

PK

Cavman
09-03-2015, 09:02 AM
I had emailed BRP two years ago about having bikes at the Wing Ding in Greenville, SC since Harley and Triumph was going to be there along with the Honda trike conversion people.
They said maybe next year? I didn't go last year so I don't know if they were there...I doubt it.
There were well over 9000 Honda people in attendance in SC two years ago!

Someone told me it was posted on GOS about Wing Ding to show up?

Cruising RT
09-03-2015, 09:12 PM
I'm attending Wing Ding 37 in Huntsville, AL. So far, I've seen about a dozen Spyder RTs. We are here in numbers. It's great to see such a good turn out of Spyders!

We had a fine dinner at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center tonight at the welcome party. Over head was a Saturn V rocket. That sucker is BIG!.
According to the news tonight, there was a fire of some sort, in another building? Missed that as I was back at the hotel by then.

There was to be a beer garden party tomorrow night? Have to see on that one?
Thursday evening there will be a light parade around the VBC/Big Spring Park.
Late Friday afternoon into the early evening are concerts held around the Huntsville area. Pick your taste in music.
BBQ dinner Saturday night.
Everyday there are demo rides of several different brands of bikes...but not any BRP products, sorry to say.:(

Coming over tomorrow and hoping to see alots of fellow Spyder riders. Been searching web for schedule of events and not finding much on vendors:banghead:. Looking for new helmet. Hope to see you there!

Cavman
09-04-2015, 12:05 AM
http://wing-ding.org/event-details-37.html

You should find the info you seek here?

Looks like next year's event will be in Billings, MT.

Cavman
09-08-2015, 12:43 PM
The final count for attendance at Wing Ding 37 was 9097.

ARtraveler
09-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Good information. Thanks for posting about the event.

I also think that the Gold Wing crowd is a good possibility for future :ani29: ownership. Most owners that I talk to here (and there are a lot of them) are all afraid of dumping the Wing because of weight issues (with the bike) or physical issues that make them less quick to react.

The :spyder2: is a very viable alternative.

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-09-2015, 12:15 AM
I also think that the Gold Wing crowd is a good possibility for future :ani29: ownership. Most owners that I talk to here (and there are a lot of them) are all afraid of dumping the Wing because of weight issues (with the bike) or physical issues that make them less quick to react.

The :spyder2: is a very viable alternative.
Especially the 1330, which in my opinion in normal driving situations is on par with the 'wing in terms of power, torque, and mpg. What you say is why I have my RT! :thumbup: Now if I can just swing it to move up to the 1330 I'll be set until I ryde it into the cemetery!! :)

Cavman
09-09-2015, 11:37 AM
In the South Hall vendors area in the Von Braun Center, they must have had eight or more companies to do custom painting/detailing on your bike. Half of the vendor area was for selling and installing new items. There was over 125 vendors there just looking at the list in the Pocket Guide. You could even get waterless cookware. LOL!
Lots of products being demonstrated. There were products for Spyders too! I saw many Spyders getting items installed in the vendors area.

There were over 125 seminars over the four days. Lots of learning going on!

Four Concerts around the city Friday night and Speed Painter Tim Decker after a optional dinner on Thursday night. A light show of bikes and a daytime bike parade. There was a bike show in the Arena. Some stunning bikes in there!

napper39
09-09-2015, 12:01 PM
yes the big gold wing is hevey but I got a gold wing Valkyrie and its not bad I like it a lot very smooth,and I still ride my spyder when I take my wife.both are different fun rides and im luckey to have both.