PDA

View Full Version : Tucson area Spyder Ryders

AppleSpyder
09-02-2015, 10:01 PM
The Southern Area Spyder Ryders group would like to invite any Tucson area Spyder Ryders to join us at Hotrods on Old Vail Rd. in Tucson on September 20th about 11:30. It would be great to meet some of our Northern neighbors. Let me know if you are interested. Cindy

Pampurrs
09-02-2015, 11:19 PM
The Southern Area Spyder Ryders group would like to invite any Tucson area Spyder Ryders to join us at Hotrods on Old Vail Rd. in Tucson on September 20th about 11:30. It would be great to meet some of our Northern neighbors. Let me know if you are interested. Cindy

Do you have the exact address for that place? I may scoot down there and meet up with you guys. Is Hotrods a restaurant?

Pam

jaherbst
09-02-2015, 11:28 PM
Will try to make it. Sounds fun. Thanks for organizing.

Pam, it is a restaurant with a Hot Rod theme.

Jack

jaherbst
09-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Anyone in this group going to the Hill Country ride in Texas in October? We are planning to go. PM me if you have an interest.

Jack

Pampurrs
09-03-2015, 12:08 PM

Pam, it is a restaurant with a Hot Rod theme.

Jack

Ok, I'll just Google and see if I can find the address.

Thanks,

Pam

azcpl85711
09-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Not our favorite spot, but will definitely head on over to face to face with other Spyder riders.

Pam,

10500 E Old Vail Rd, Tucson, AZ 85747, it is just north of I10 on the east side of Houghton.

Pampurrs
09-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Not our favorite spot, but will definitely head on over to face to face with other Spyder riders.

Pam,

10500 E Old Vail Rd, Tucson, AZ 85747, it is just north of I10 on the east side of Houghton.

Thanks, I have it MapQuested. It's 102 miles from my house. If nothing else comes up, I will be there.

Pam

azcpl85711
09-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Would enjoy meeting you.

Pampurrs
09-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Would enjoy meeting you.

Likewise :dg2:

Pampurrs
09-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Oh crap! I should've checked my calendar before I said I would be there. I completely overlooked the fact that I have company coming from Portland on the 19th. I won't be able to make it afterall. Damn, I was really looking forward to personally meeting some of the folks here on SpyderLovers. :banghead:

Pam

AppleSpyder
09-03-2015, 09:02 PM

Pam,

It will be great to meet you! Thanks for considering joining us. See you then, Cindy

AppleSpyder
09-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Oh crap! I should've checked my calendar before I said I would be there. I completely overlooked the fact that I have company coming from Portland on the 19th. I won't be able to make it afterall. Damn, I was really looking forward to personally meeting some of the folks here on SpyderLovers. :banghead:

Pam

I'm sorry you can't make it this time but I'm sure we will be making another trip up to Tucson for something soon. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for wanting to meet up with us. Cindy

Pampurrs
09-03-2015, 09:14 PM
I'm sorry you can't make it this time but I'm sure we will be making another trip up to Tucson for something soon. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for wanting to meet up with us. Cindy

Cindy,

I'll be in Tombstone October 3rd for the Legion of the Silver Rose ceremony at the American Legion Post there. We will be doing a parade through downtown, so watch for my red and black Spyder with the red white and blue on the frunk lid.

We'll probably go to Big Nose Kates afterwards, so maybe we can hook up for a drink.

Pam

AppleSpyder
09-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Anyone in this group going to the Hill Country ride in Texas in October? We are planning to go. PM me if you have an interest.

Jack

Sorry, no one has mentioned anything. We have a camping weekend planned in October. My niece lives in the Hill Country..beautiful area though. I hope you have a great time and thanks for asking. Cindy

AppleSpyder
09-03-2015, 09:24 PM

Jack

I have "seen" you a lot here but would be nice to meet you in person. I hope you can make it. Cindy

AppleSpyder
09-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Cindy,

I'll be in Tombstone October 3rd for the Legion of the Silver Rose ceremony at the American Legion Post there. We will be doing a parade through downtown, so watch for my red and black Spyder with the red white and blue on the frunk lid.

We'll probably go to Big Nose Kates afterwards, so maybe we can hook up for a drink.

Pam

Pam this sounds great. What time is the parade? We will be there. I will also put this out to our group and see what happens. Thanks for mentioning this. Cindy

Pampurrs
09-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Pam this sounds great. What time is the parade? We will be there. I will also put this out to our group and see what happens. Thanks for mentioning this. Cindy

I'm not sure of the exact time of the parade. But if you ask around town, someone should know. We stage over at the high school early in the morning and then head into town. This is an annual event.

It's really not so much a parade as a procession of motorcyles. Lot's of flags. Lot's of tears. The Legion of the Silver Rose is a cermony for those Vietnam veterans who passed away due to complications of Agent Orange.

Pam

AppleSpyder
09-03-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure of the exact time of the parade. But if you ask around town, someone should know. We stage over at the high school early in the morning and then head into town. This is an annual event.

It's really not so much a parade as a procession of motorcyles. Lot's of flags. Lot's of tears. The Legion of the Silver Rose is a cermony for those Vietnam veterans who passed away due to complications of Agent Orange.

Pam

Ok sounds great, I'll do some asking around. Cindy

Frankie C
09-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Will try to get out of work for this. I'll drag a fellow Spyder guy with me. lol If he can come out to play.

jaherbst
09-04-2015, 12:02 PM
I have "seen" you a lot here but would be nice to meet you in person. I hope you can make it. Cindy

Looking forward to meeting more local Spyder riders in Southern Arizona. Might be a little late as my son is leaving that morning after a visit from NC. See everyone then.

Jack

AMTJIM
09-04-2015, 12:47 PM
We are going to try to make it, my work schedule is the only thing to contend with(Sunday is my Monday). We are just on the fair grounds side of Houghton.

AMTJIM
09-04-2015, 12:57 PM
My parents just sold their cabin in Cloudcroft so I won't be going this year, but a fun ride I have been to many times and still possible to attend this year if someone is looking for a ride.
http://www.motorcyclerally.com/MotorcycleRally/Welcome.html

AppleSpyder
09-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Will try to get out of work for this. I'll drag a fellow Spyder guy with me. lol If he can come out to play.

Wooo hooo I hope you can make it! Cindy

Pampurrs
09-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Ok sounds great, I'll do some asking around. Cindy

Cindy,

Here's the flyer.

Hope to see you there.

Pam

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115725&stc=1

AppleSpyder
09-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Pam this is great! Thank you so much for posting, Cindy

AMTJIM
09-20-2015, 11:37 AM
I do have to work today, we will probably be there for lunch by 11 and have to cut out by 12:45 if it happens to last that long. Seems like plenty of time for lunch.

azcpl85711
09-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Had a great time, met some great people. Thanks for setting it up Cindy.

ABQSpyder
09-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Passed you guys on 83 on my way to Sonotia. Maybe next time.

jaherbst
09-20-2015, 11:01 PM
Camille and I had a great time and met a lot of nice people today at Hot Rods. Thanks for inviting us Cindy.

Jack

AppleSpyder
09-21-2015, 12:28 AM
It was a great day. I was so impressed that so many people came. I want to thank all of you for taking the time to come! It's one thing to go to a rally or event and meet up with a bunch of fellow spyder ryders but to get a group together in your own back yard is pretty awesome. Awesome day. Cindy

AppleSpyder
09-21-2015, 12:32 AM
Passed you guys on 83 on my way to Sonotia. Maybe next time.

I remember seeing you. We would love to have you join us next time...always room for more. Cindy

AMTJIM
09-21-2015, 12:49 AM
Cary hasn't ever really done something like that, a great first experience for her. She loved it and Hot Rods.

jimmykjimmy
09-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Hey, these rides sound great. Keep posting, have had two Spyders, currently ride with a bunch of Beemer guys, but the Spyder has trouble keeping up in the twistes.

AppleSpyder
09-30-2015, 09:41 PM
Just thought I'd give this a bump....if anyone is interested in joining in. We will meet at the Tombstone High School at 10:30. Some of us will be meeting in Sierra Vista at Sierra Cycles at 9:30, leaving at 9:45 to make the ryde to Tombstone. We will be getting together at Big Nose Kate's after the ceremony. Cindy

Cindy,

Here's the flyer.

Hope to see you there.

Pam

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115725&stc=1

Pampurrs
09-30-2015, 10:42 PM
Just thought I'd give this a bump....if anyone is interested in joining in. We will meet at the Tombstone High School at 10:30. Some of us will be meeting in Sierra Vista at Sierra Cycles at 9:30, leaving at 9:45 to make the ryde to Tombstone. We will be getting together at Big Nose Kate's after the ceremony. Cindy

Cindy, I look forward to seeing you and meeting some of the other Tucson Riders. I'll be easy to spot at Big Nose Kates if I don't see you at the staging area.

Pam