PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder Owner - New Orleans

PatriotRider
09-02-2015, 04:38 AM
Since I don't see a listing for Louisiana, and often ride in Mississippi, I thought I might as well make my first post here and introduce myself. I'm Mike Oliver, have a wife of 28yrs and 2 daughters in their 20's. I traded in my 2004 Yamaha FJR1300 with 180k miles on a black 2010 Spyder SE5-S a couple of weeks ago from Radd's Cycle in Baton Rouge. I'm transferring appropriate farkles from the feej to the spyder. I always name my bikes and in the past since wifey is all Italian, I used Italian names. The Feej is Isabella, but I think the Spyder is going to be Wanita.
I'm retired/disabled (bipolar) since 2001 and my ministries are Patriot Guard Riders (member since Nov 2006 and currently the New Orleans Ride Captain) and Basset Hound Rescue. I have 4 hounds of differing species and the youngest is my basset Alley Oop who is also my service dog who I can take anywhere I wish. She keeps me grounded from the bipolar/PTSD. I was a Navy P-3 driver in the 80's.
Well, I don't ride as much as I'd like in the heat of the summer unless it's vampire rides at night. For years, I rode 25k miles a year, but now my health has me riding much less, and I've decided I need to go from 2 to 3 wheels. The couple of hundred miles ridden on the Spyder have been a blast and am very enthusiastic about it.

If there is any interest in creating a group for south LA and the Admins adding such, pls do.

eagleeye299
09-02-2015, 05:08 AM
Welcome to the Spyder world! Enjoy your new ride!

Brettssunshine
09-02-2015, 06:16 AM
Welcome to the club. You've come to the right place for a lot of good information and laughs. The more you ride your :spyder2: the more you're like her.

Purple Guy
09-02-2015, 06:19 AM
:welcome:

BeRight
09-02-2015, 06:40 AM
:2thumbs::congrats::welcome:

jcasey
09-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Welcome to the zoo!:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Chupaca
09-02-2015, 11:14 AM
to both the spyder world and this Zany site...congrats on your new ryde..:2thumbs: you already have enjoyed the experience and must have some miles of smiles. Nice intro, thanks for your service and you seem to be getting along well, even better with the hound and the spyder...:roflblack: on the home page upper left there you will find groups and clubs as well as a search of members will get you in touch with ryders around your area. Be safe...:ohyea::ohyea:

PrairieSpyder
09-02-2015, 11:16 AM

JayBros
09-02-2015, 12:18 PM
:congrats: & :welcome: !!! The Spyder has a good NATOPS manual that will prepare you well for discussions here in the Ready Room.

ARtraveler
09-02-2015, 01:32 PM
:welcome: to the party. :yes::yes:

pegasus1300
09-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Since I don't see a listing for Louisiana, and often ride in Mississippi, I thought I might as well make my first post here and introduce myself. I'm Mike Oliver, have a wife of 28yrs and 2 daughters in their 20's. I traded in my 2004 Yamaha FJR1300 with 180k miles on a black 2010 Spyder SE5-S a couple of weeks ago from Radd's Cycle in Baton Rouge. I'm transferring appropriate farkles from the feej to the spyder. I always name my bikes and in the past since wifey is all Italian, I used Italian names. The Feej is Isabella, but I think the Spyder is going to be Wanita.
I'm retired/disabled (bipolar) since 2001 and my ministries are Patriot Guard Riders (member since Nov 2006 and currently the New Orleans Ride Captain) and Basset Hound Rescue. I have 4 hounds of differing species and the youngest is my basset Alley Oop who is also my service dog who I can take anywhere I wish. She keeps me grounded from the bipolar/PTSD. I was a Navy P-3 driver in the 80's.
Well, I don't ride as much as I'd like in the heat of the summer unless it's vampire rides at night. For years, I rode 25k miles a year, but now my health has me riding much less, and I've decided I need to go from 2 to 3 wheels. The couple of hundred miles ridden on the Spyder have been a blast and am very enthusiastic about it.

If there is any interest in creating a group for south LA and the Admins adding such, pls do.

Welcome to the group. I too left 2 for three after 2 serious accidents 2011. The Spyder is the most fun I've had since I left 2 wheels. I grew up in your area just off Sauve Rd in Little Farms now River Ridge. Went to St.Martin's and Jesuit's and graduated from John Curtis.

PatriotRider
09-02-2015, 04:42 PM
I live in the adjacent suburb Metairie...born and bred NooAwleeneeun. Went to Brother Martin High, 1976 grad.

btw, I make this offer to all my internet friends...if you ever wish or do visit the Big Easy, let me know. I so enjoy helping out anyone's vacation wishes including playing personal tour guide as you wish.

Come prepared to eat:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115173&stc=1

Deanna777
09-02-2015, 08:12 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: Glad you found this site, ask questions we are here to help. Deanna

ruthie
10-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Welcome Mike to the Spyder world.

Ruth Ann
Spyder Rider of America - Magnolia Chapter

MCML
10-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Hello, PatriotRider and welcome to this site.
I am still riding my FJR1300 but am hoping to check out an F3T in person by early next year.

Johnny_Swindle
10-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Hello......and welcome

I live across 'the lake' in Ponchatoula and there are several riders in our area. There is a local spyder riders group for our area....check them out on facebook..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/163528020377266/
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/163528020377266/)

Yell if you up this way.....

Vader
10-06-2015, 08:46 PM

PatriotRider
10-06-2015, 11:46 PM
Hello......and welcome

I live across 'the lake' in Ponchatoula and there are several riders in our area. There is a local spyder riders group for our area....check them out on facebook..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/163528020377266/
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/163528020377266/)

Yell if you up this way.....

will do
I requested to join the Cajun FB Group a week ago or so and they haven't responded...it's still shows pending

maybe you can add me and feel free to send me a friend post too
it's under Mike Oliver and my page pic is me with a PGR shirt and flags same as my avatar here...my profile pic is my basset hound Alley Oop