PDA

View Full Version : Are you up on your motorcycle vocabulary?

Rogue Hawk
09-01-2015, 01:12 PM
http://www.themanual.com/living/throttle-jockey-get-speed-motorcycle-lingo/

Some of these I never heard of or heard used differently. Some I also assume are localized. But I hear 'Squid' quit a bit. When I was in the Air Force, we called Navy people Squids.

I live in a big urban area, so even if I go out to ride late at night there are cars every ware. I can't escape them even on what should be a isolated country road. So I call them 'Butts'. Not the people driving them, but the actual car itself. And if its a truck, I call it a 'Harry Butt'. But that's just me.:p Feel free to use the term ;)

Bob Denman
09-01-2015, 01:23 PM
To us; a "Squid" was the punk who snaked your place in line, when getting ready to drop into a Bowl at a Skatepark...:shocked::hun:

"Harry Butt"? :thumbup:

ARtraveler
09-01-2015, 02:07 PM
That's a great list. The scary part is I knew and remembered all but about two of them. :yikes:

I do miss those UJM's with the inline fours. Those were some smooth and great running machines.

pegasus1300
09-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Same here I knew all but two or three. I've been in this racket too long

Chupaca
09-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Have heard most of them but know many others that are not there. Its like a language of its own....:2thumbs: you do have to know bikes...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
09-01-2015, 02:24 PM
"WFO" A more polite way to describe it, is "Wound Flat Out"... :thumbup:

"I'll tickle the choke on my UJM, and it'll fire right up! (It's a Honda).
Pin my ears back up, over the ton; WFO, and then go chat up some of the lasses that hang out with the Mods..."

:shocked::hun:

Orange Spyder Man
09-02-2015, 08:02 AM
I always called "Z bars" ape hangers..

osm

bmccaffrey
09-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Told my boss ONCE to kiss my hairy ass :yikes:

Does that count :dontknow:

loisk
09-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Fun.
I stopped reading at D - but he's missed Crotch Rocket - or is that only an aussie term ??

Oh re Biker -- we have a different distinction - rather than Biker/vs/rider, motorcyclist etc, we have simplified it to Biker/Bikie where Bikie is the 1%..

I am now oh so confused, think I must ryde.

Lew L
09-03-2015, 10:55 AM
No offense to the author -------But the Bonneville Salt Flats are NOT in Nevada but in the wonderful state of Utah.

We Do have the Blackrock desert though. It has been used for high speed trials but now is famous for the "Burning Man" festival. Many thousnds of folks go there for reasons of thier own. For a few days it becomes the third largest city in Nevada. The alkline dust is blizzard like in the wind ( real bad as I write) and permiates EVERYTHING.

I will never go there.

Kaos

Bob Denman
09-03-2015, 11:02 AM
The alkline dust is blizzard like in the wind ( real bad as I write) and permiates EVERYTHING. I will never go there.

Kaos

...Because it would cause... :D

Lew L
09-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Thanks Bob

nice to know some one gets it.

Kaos

Bob Denman
09-03-2015, 12:40 PM
:D Anything for a friend... :2thumbs: