PDA

View Full Version : RIVCO Highway Pegs

wengerda
08-31-2015, 11:49 AM
I found out last night from a friend of mine, that in an emergency situation the Can Am floorboard (brake side) will collapse down. That is okay as a safety feature, but if you have the RIVCO Highways pegs, the peg above the black plastic vent will also be destroyed. I did contacted RIVCO representative and I was told that no ones complaint about that issue. I wish I was told that before I purchase the RIVCO highway pegs. Maybe is my fault that I did not know that the floorboard will collapse but I believe that the RIVCO highway peg should had told me about future issue with the brakes. Only venting, nothing I can do about it now but "consumer beware".:banghead::mad:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-31-2015, 12:29 PM
I found out last night from a friend of mine, that in an emergency situation the Can Am floorboard (brake side) will collapse down. That is okay as a safety feature, but if you have the RIVCO Highways pegs, the peg above the black plastic vent will also be destroyed. I did contacted RIVCO representative and I was told that no ones complaint about that issue. I wish I was told that before I purchase the RIVCO highway pegs. Maybe is my fault that I did not know that the floorboard will collapse but I believe that the RIVCO highway peg should had told me about future issue with the brakes. Only venting, nothing I can do about it now but "consumer beware".:banghead::mad:

Thanks for the info.....too bad they handled it this way..............I DIY'ed steel brackets that slip inside those plastic "wings" and bolt the brackets to the frame. So I can use them as my " highway pegs "................Mike :thumbup:

trikermutha
08-31-2015, 02:45 PM
How many out have had there right floor board drop from braking in an emergency??
How far down does the floor board drop?

How will the peg destroy the plastic wind divert?

beast68
08-31-2015, 03:23 PM
In the instructions they tell you to leave a 3/4 inch gap between the the bodywork and the mount to allow for the breakaway.

PaladinLV
08-31-2015, 04:23 PM
I have the Rivco's and No Problem with them, just follow the directions given.

Personally, I got them because they fit me. As for the plastic vent, if I had to press so hard as to active the falling floorboard, my feeling is better the REPLACEABLE vent then the Spyder or my life. ;)

AJ

Spyderjuice
08-31-2015, 04:42 PM
In the instructions they tell you to leave a 3/4 inch gap between the the bodywork and the mount to allow for the breakaway.

I agree. Look at your instructions. I just installed them - they work great and have lots of adjustability. Just get the 3/4" gap.

jaherbst
08-31-2015, 04:55 PM
I agree. Look at your instructions. I just installed them - they work great and have lots of adjustability. Just get the 3/4" gap.

Installed correctly, you are worrieing needlessly. This is a great product and company. I have used their products for years.

More wrong information by the uninformed.

jack