PDA

View Full Version : Bike to Bike AND Rider to Passenger

Cognac
08-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Sometimes we ride two up on one bike and other times we ride on two separate bikes. Looking for a communication system that lets us do both. Been trying to work with Chatterbox but something always seems to go wrong. Looking at Sena. If we each have a Sena 20 on our helmets will we get feedback if we are both on the same bike? Is there a better way to do both?

Indyron
08-30-2015, 10:04 PM
No feedback, have used Sena for 2 years and works great. Read reviews for max distance, I think it's 400 meters

chiptown
08-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Sometimes we ride two up on one bike and other times we ride on two separate bikes. Looking for a communication system that lets us do both. Been trying to work with Chatterbox but something always seems to go wrong. Looking at Sena. If we each have a Sena 20 on our helmets will we get feedback if we are both on the same bike? Is there a better way to do both?
Purchased the UCLEAR system. Love it, no microphone. Me an my wife have it sync to our own phones for our music, and talk works great. Has good distance. Love using Google maps as my GPS.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

dmfahie
08-30-2015, 10:19 PM
No feedback, have used Sena for 2 years and works great. Read reviews for max distance, I think it's 400 meters
Same here. Small mic in helemt. Not invasive.

coastrider
08-30-2015, 11:01 PM
We have the Cardo G9s, and they can also do all that you asked about and more.

garb55
08-30-2015, 11:05 PM
I tried all of those but my dogs never answer me :roflblack:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114976&stc=1

ARtraveler
08-30-2015, 11:35 PM
We use Sena SMH10. Still working at the end of our fourth season with them. Worked well person to person one bike and very good for bike to bike.

Have tried other brands and feel these are superior.

All day on one battery charge.
No on line noise.
longer distance than my early Cardo/Scala

Chatterbox was one brand that I returned because I was not happy with them.

Motorcycledave
08-30-2015, 11:45 PM
I am your friendly neighborhood SENA
supplier / Forum sponcer.
There is no one with better prices on the
blue tooth products, check around then call me
Ride Safe
Dave

Chupaca
08-30-2015, 11:54 PM
will do all that with a 1.5 mile range for ryder to ryder. Don't know about sena but we have those that do. Zoozm. Com also has a nice unit. Gets tough to choose with so many out there...:dontknow:

ARtraveler
08-30-2015, 11:58 PM
will do all that with a 1.5 mile range for ryder to ryder. Don't know about sena but we have those that do. Zoozm. Com also has a nice unit. Gets tough to choose with so many out there...:dontknow:

Just curious Gene. 1.5 mile via direct line of sight, or will it also work if you go around, up, or down a hill and lose direct sight?

We have the pre, mile plus communicators, but ours work well up to about two blocks--direct line of sight. Experienced the same with Cardo/Scala earlier versions of course.

Spyder 42
08-31-2015, 08:58 AM
Sena SMH-10 here. 3rd year on them. Not the range as the newer products but still good. One thing regarding Sena, they are software upgradeable. Support after purchase is very good. Can't say that for Cardo. Yes, I know that Sena says that the SMH-10 battery is not replaceable but others here will show you how to do it.

Chupaca
08-31-2015, 09:27 AM
Haven't done much conjested use and we ryde pretty tight. But have lost sight of each other and even in the canyons has worked. They advertise that distance but your probably right on max distance straight line...we are never miles apart...

Highwayman2013
08-31-2015, 09:29 AM
Sena SMH-10's here, 3rd season.

DrewNJ
08-31-2015, 09:39 AM
Senas here too. Probably for the last 3-4 years. Smh10's and 10R's. No complaints at all. Rider to rider and rider to passenger, even passenger to passenger. The 20's have better range but the 10's have no issue unless you REALLY get separated. Then you just use your phone to meet back up. It's probably happened 2 times in 3-4 years.

BikerDoc
08-31-2015, 10:13 AM
Sena 20S and SMH 10 before that.. 4 years neither had any feedback.. 20S has 900 meter range and not line of sight. I sometimes pair with previously paired riders as they approach on different highways. We pair before I even know they are in the area..