PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what this paint color officially is called

Buckeye Bleau
08-30-2015, 04:47 PM
I just purchased a 2013 Sypder RT-L from an Indian/Polaris/Cadillac dealer in Florida. They advertised it as black, it looks black but when you get it in the sun it appears to be like a metallic Dark Cherry, actually quite nice.
Does anyone know if this was a factory color or was the bike custom painted? It is actually quite awesome. :thumbup:

billybovine
08-30-2015, 04:50 PM
I just purchased a 2013 Sypder RT-L from an Indian/Polaris/Cadillac dealer in Florida. They advertised it as black, it looks black but when you get it in the sun it appears to be like a metallic Dark Cherry, actually quite nice.
Does anyone know if this was a factory color or was the bike custom painted? It is actually quite awesome. :thumbup:

Black Currant

DrewNJ
08-30-2015, 04:51 PM
An Indian, Polaris, and Cadillac dealer?!?

SL Ken
08-30-2015, 05:15 PM

You're right. They are beautiful.

Chupaca
08-30-2015, 06:07 PM
Billybovine................DrewNJ
:agree: Black currant :agree: how did cadillac get in the mix..?? :dontknow:

Buckeye Bleau
08-30-2015, 09:40 PM
Black Currant

Thank you very much, I have no idea how you people know all of this but from a beginner, to you experienced folks, thank you again.

Buckeye Bleau
08-30-2015, 09:45 PM
Now that I know that I am caring for a Black Currant RT-L, does anyone have any tips on the best way to preserve and care for the paint on the plastic or poly-carbonate body parts?
Maybe that is not even the right name for the material that they are made from.
Just regular car wax?

markyodo
09-01-2015, 04:42 PM
You can search the threads for the terms wash, wax, pledge, polish and there will be lots of different recommendations.
I use regular ole' Pledge. I have read for years on other forums and recently on this one that it does well. I have to agree. Very easy to apply and the sheen seems to last awhile.

Also, black currant, consider yourself very lucky. That color has been soooo hard to find. It was very popular. It was my first choice and would have pushed me to an RTL but I waited to long and they sold out.
The wife and I make regular trips through Akron / Canton on our way to Warren or PA so maybe we will see you on the road sometime.
Go Bucks!

ARtraveler
09-01-2015, 06:20 PM
The previous posters have you covered on the Black Currant color name.

:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ryde. :yes:

k7xi
09-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Most of these good ol' boys don't have one and so won't say........but the black currant bikes are THE fastest of all.....;)