PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 6..can't get it to work...HELP!

rangerrick162
08-29-2015, 05:57 PM
Sorry if this question as been answered already. BUt I bought the 30pin to 8pin adapter and can not get the radio to work the phone. can anyone help... what am I missing?

RTJERRY
08-29-2015, 06:17 PM
It may be that the adaptor only works for charging. I've tried to use it for video from the phone and it wouldn't work.

PaladinLV
08-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Did you get the adapter made by Apple?

Many of the adapter that are NOT made by Apple only Charge the unit.

AJ

Sorry if this question as been answered already. BUt I bought the 30pin to 8pin adapter and can not get the radio to work the phone. can anyone help... what am I missing?

Pennyrick
08-29-2015, 07:28 PM

Can Am system is only compatible with Apple equipment so if the adapter isn't Apple you are SOL.

Buggy
08-29-2015, 08:45 PM
That Apple adaptor worked well with my IPad 2 with 8 pin lug in.

SpyderCruiser
08-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Did you get the adapter made by Apple?

Many of the adapter that are NOT made by Apple only Charge the unit.

AJ

+++10

I agree, had several adapters that would not work. Purchased the expensive adapter from apple and that one works. It seems some of the adapters do not have the data wires that the Spyder needs to control the iPhone operation. The cheap ones only have wires for charging and sync.:banghead:

finless
08-30-2015, 12:09 PM
To give details, there should be NO after market adapters that will work 100% like a real Apple Adapter.
The new cable connector to the phone is called a "lightening" connector. It was developed by Apple and is a proprietary chip.
The after market ones only charge as it is not using the Apple chip in the tiny connector.

Bob

MisterP
08-30-2015, 02:57 PM
To give details, there should be NO after market adapters that will work 100% like a real Apple Adapter.
The new cable connector to the phone is called a "lightening" connector. It was developed by Apple and is a proprietary chip.
The after market ones only charge as it is not using the Apple chip in the tiny connector.

Bob

its called that because Apple accessories are good at lightening your wallet!

back to lurk mode

PaladinLV
08-30-2015, 03:03 PM
+1
Was giving other manufacturers the "benefit of the doubt"!
Glad you chimed in with more details! :clap:

AJ

Bob

thunor
09-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Mine works with the Apple adapter and an Apple 30 pin extension cable but the extension is starting to wear out from bending and I
went to Best Buy, Wally world, and finally the Apple store to find that they no longer make and sell an Apple 30 pin extension cable.
With just the adapter plugged into the DIN cable it is too short to set on the bottom of the trunk...works if I pile stuff(clothes) in the bottom
of the trunk to set the iPhone on but....will have to shop 3rd party extension cables and hope that they are "straight through". Ugh.

finless
09-22-2015, 04:55 PM
That old 30 pin cables are not fancy and do not have a proprietary chip in them like the lightening cable does.
So you should be able to get any after market 30 pin cable and it should work no issues.

Bob