PDA

View Full Version : Moving to TX....

M109Dreamer
08-28-2015, 10:40 PM
Well it looks like the wife & I might be moving to TX from AZ in about a month or so. Will be working in the Dallas area. Wife and I have been looking in the Mesquite area for houses.

Looking forward to meeting and riding with everyone. Very interested in riding that part of the state. Hopefully with being closer to Spyderfest we actually might make one.

Looking for any recommendation from anyone that knows the area around the east side of Dallas for areas to live in and others to stay away from.

Shane & Sarah

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SpyderAnn01
08-28-2015, 11:03 PM
If you aren't in the middle of moving you should try to attend the Texas Hill Country Ride in Boerne, TX in October. It would be a good chance for you to meet other TX riders.

Good luck with the move!

M109Dreamer
08-28-2015, 11:26 PM
If you aren't in the middle of moving you should try to attend the Texas Hill Country Ride in Boerne, TX in October. It would be a good chance for you to meet other TX riders.

Good luck with the move!
Thanks, might be a little early but we would love to meet the Spyderlovers of TX. Have ridden the Kerville "Twister Sisters" ride the past three springs, but never in Boerne area. Will def try and get things sorted out for us to attend.

Pampurrs
08-28-2015, 11:54 PM
Well it looks like the wife & I might be moving to TX from AZ in about a month or so. Will be working in the Dallas area. Wife and I have been looking in the Mesquite area for houses.

Looking forward to meeting and riding with everyone. Very interested in riding that part of the state. Hopefully with being closer to Spyderfest we actually might make one.

Looking for any recommendation from anyone that knows the area around the east side of Dallas for areas to live in and others to stay away from.

Shane & Sarah

Congratulations! I lived in Dallas for 23 years and love the city. My sister and my two sons still live there. I just rode my Spyder to Dallas from here for my sons wedding, and wish I could have stayed a bit longer.

My only complaint about Dallas was the humidity in the summer, the fire ants, and the cockroaches the size of Volkswagens. The winters can be a bit unpredictable too, with the ice storms and even the occasional blizzard. But all in all, you should love it there.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Pam

M109Dreamer
08-28-2015, 11:56 PM
Congratulations! I lived in Dallas for 23 years and love the city. My sister and my two sons still live there. I just rode my Spyder to Dallas from here for my sons wedding, and wish I could have stayed a bit longer.

My only complaint about Dallas was the humidity in the summer, the fire ants, and the cockroaches the size of Volkswagens. The winters can be a bit unpredictable too, with the ice storms and even the occasional blizzard. But all in all, you should love it there.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Pam
Lol, thanks Pam. I grew up in Lubbock, SA, & DelRio and was stationed at FT Hood for 4 yrs. Have been to Dallas several times. Wife is not looking forward to the humidity or cockroaches either.

Cowboys and Longhorn fan as well.

Pampurrs
08-29-2015, 12:00 AM
Lol, thanks Pam. I grew up in Lubbock, SA, & DelRio and was stationed at FT Hood for 4 yrs. Have been to Dallas several times. Wife is not looking forward to the humidity or cockroaches either.

Cowboys and Longhorn fan as well.

Both my sons graduated from A&M. Gig 'em Aggies LOL

Best wishes on the move.

Pam

M109Dreamer
08-29-2015, 12:01 AM
Both my sons graduated from A&M. Gig 'em Aggies LOL

Best wishes on the move.

Pam
Lol, we will see.

Bfromla
08-29-2015, 12:22 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114837&stc=1 https://www.jefferson-texas.com/events/#!event/2015/10/9/bike-rally-burn-run-benefit. Fyi good family event & always good food:bbq::firstplace:. Hope to see you there:doorag:

xBobbyx
08-29-2015, 02:02 AM
Welcome back to Texas!!! I live in the Ft.Worth area. Hit me up when you get settled. Have to go for a spin. Haven't found any Spyder riders near me to meet up and ride with yet. As for areas to live,you want East Dallas? I would go east of Mesquite. Like the Rowlett or Rockwall area. Maybe north forwards Richardson,Plano,Allen area. Come out west near north Ft.Worth. There are tons of houses for sale. It's a sellers market so good luck.

Gray Ghost
08-29-2015, 06:09 AM
Welcome back to Texas. When you go to get your Texas license, let them know if you previously held a license here. They just reactivate your record, makes it a bit easier.

schifty
08-29-2015, 10:37 AM
Welcome to Texas! I'm in North Ft Worth, ride a 15 F3s, enjoy riding the spyder anytime.

ataDude
08-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Welcome back to Texas. When you go to get your Texas license, let them know if you previously held a license here. They just reactivate your record, makes it a bit easier.

Yeah, but they give your old number to someone else after five years. I know what my original number was but cannot for the life of me remember the "new" one (16 years old now). :shocked:

M109Dreamer
08-29-2015, 03:42 PM
Welcome back to Texas!!! I live in the Ft.Worth area. Hit me up when you get settled. Have to go for a spin. Haven't found any Spyder riders near me to meet up and ride with yet. As for areas to live,you want East Dallas? I would go east of Mesquite. Like the Rowlett or Rockwall area. Maybe north forwards Richardson,Plano,Allen area. Come out west near north Ft.Worth. There are tons of houses for sale. It's a sellers market so good luck.
The reason why I was thinking east was that I will be working at the VA center on south Dallad. Was trying to limit my commute time. I will def let the wife know about the areas you suggested.

We will def let everyone know once we get settled in. I am sure the wife will be ready for a ride. Hopefully it will be cooler than here in AZ right now.

wiredgeorge
08-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Yeah, Nice and cool down here in the Hill Country... mid-70s during the day and low 70s at night. And no humidity. Kind of perfect bwhahaha

M109Dreamer
08-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Yeah, Nice and cool down here in the Hill Country... mid-70s during the day and low 70s at night. And no humidity. Kind of perfect bwhahaha
Where in the heck can I find mid 70's this time of year in TX?

M109Dreamer
08-29-2015, 07:03 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114837&stc=1 https://www.jefferson-texas.com/events/#!event/2015/10/9/bike-rally-burn-run-benefit. Fyi good family event & always good food:bbq::firstplace:. Hope to see you there:doorag:
Thanks for the invite. If we are settled in we will def try and make it.

M109Dreamer
08-29-2015, 07:05 PM

Yeah, but they give your old number to someone else after five years. I know what my original number was but cannot for the life of me remember the "new" one (16 years old now). :shocked:
Well I havent had a TX drivers license sence 87...lol. It was def easier beingilitary and not having to change them every time we moved. Oh well....

M109Dreamer
08-29-2015, 07:06 PM
Welcome to Texas! I'm in North Ft Worth, ride a 15 F3s, enjoy riding the spyder anytime.
Seems like there are quite a bit of Spyders in TX. Will be great to get out and ride and meet everyone.

Gray Ghost
08-29-2015, 09:01 PM
Where in the heck can I find mid 70's this time of year in TX?

In the paradise area of Texas, the Hill Country, of course. I believe the lows here (west of Fredericksburg) are supposed to be below 70 tonight.

M109Dreamer
08-29-2015, 09:03 PM
In the paradise area of Texas, the Hill Country, of course. I believe the lows here (west of Fredericksburg) are supposed to be below 70 tonight.
Oooh, we used to drive by there when I lived in copperas cove on our way to SA.

NoLmtz
08-31-2015, 09:50 PM
The VA is south south Dallas! I'd look at Forney or possibly Rockwell. Depends on what you want and the environment. I live IN Dallas and love it. If you're worried about commutes then log onto google traffic during rush hours every day to get a feel for congestion.

Good luck on your move - were trying to find a cooler place to live!! Haha

yudydude
09-01-2015, 05:48 AM
I live in Mesquite and love it here. We belong to, and ride with the Spyder Riders of East Texas. A very good group of folks you might want to check in on when you get settled. Quite a few homes for sale here in Mesquite, especially on the south side towards Seagoville.

M109Dreamer
09-02-2015, 02:06 AM
The VA is south south Dallas! I'd look at Forney or possibly Rockwell. Depends on what you want and the environment. I live IN Dallas and love it. If you're worried about commutes then log onto google traffic during rush hours every day to get a feel for congestion.

Good luck on your move - were trying to find a cooler place to live!! Haha
Cooler....lol. we would like a cooler place also but the riding season is shorter. Thanks for the commute tip. I will def will look at the commute times. Look forward to riding in TX.

I live in Mesquite and love it here. We belong to, and ride with the Spyder Riders of East Texas. A very good group of folks you might want to check in on when you get settled. Quite a few homes for sale here in Mesquite, especially on the south side towards Seagoville.
Yeah the wife has been looking in Mesquite and the surrounding towns. Look forward to meeting everyone and getting back to "real" football.

xBobbyx
09-02-2015, 02:54 AM
Schifty,we need to get together. Your right around the corner from me.

scooterexpress
09-03-2015, 07:55 AM
hey guys welcome to texas..I live in north richland hills give us a shout when your ready to ride..

M109Dreamer
09-07-2015, 01:37 AM
hey guys welcome to texas..I live in north richland hills give us a shout when your ready to ride..
We def will. We will be heading that way in a couple of weeks.

Mr. White
10-28-2015, 09:55 AM
I am sure happy you are getting all of these warm welcomes to Texas. Mine included. However it does get a little warm here in the summer months....however October through March are great riding months in south Texas but not in Dallas I guess. We ride 365 here, with some cold days, I remember 16 degrees once many years ago. It snowed in 1984....

This being said, it is a hell of a lot better than my four years/winters at Grand Forks AFB, ND. People actually live there by choice. ha ha One good thing about Grand Forks, you never worried about what to wear....you put on a heavy coat every morning with muffler and gloves....

I did not ride the "Sisters" this year as my group, The Hill Country Road Riders, do them several times a year on our Saturday rides. I don't know the final count on the Spyder rally a couple of weeks ago, but I know a count was 51 scoots at one point of the day.

Again, welcome to Texas.

:spyder2:

M109Dreamer
10-30-2015, 09:01 PM
I am sure happy you are getting all of these warm welcomes to Texas. Mine included. However it does get a little warm here in the summer months....however October through March are great riding months in south Texas but not in Dallas I guess. We ride 365 here, with some cold days, I remember 16 degrees once many years ago. It snowed in 1984....

This being said, it is a hell of a lot better than my four years/winters at Grand Forks AFB, ND. People actually live there by choice. ha ha One good thing about Grand Forks, you never worried about what to wear....you put on a heavy coat every morning with muffler and gloves....

I did not ride the "Sisters" this year as my group, The Hill Country Road Riders, do them several times a year on our Saturday rides. I don't know the final count on the Spyder rally a couple of weeks ago, but I know a count was 51 scoots at one point of the day.

Again, welcome to Texas.

:spyder2:
Thanks,
We are just about settled in here. We will be heading back to AZ to pick up the Spyder during the holidays and hopefully start some riding. Hopefully it wont be too cold by then.

M109Dreamer
11-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Ok folks, we are pretty much moved in, as much as can be expected. We will head back to AZ to pick up the Spyder in Dec for the holidays. If something is happening or a get together please post up. Would live to meet some of y'all. Really looking forward to meeting everyone and riding this new country side.

M109Dreamer
11-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Ok folks, the wife and I are pretty much settled in. We will be heading back to AZ during the holidays to get the Spyder but if y'all have a bike night between now and then let us know. We would like to meet everyone even if we cant ride yet.
Shane & Sarah

Pampurrs
11-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Ok folks, the wife and I are pretty much settled in. We will be heading back to AZ during the holidays to get the Spyder but if y'all have a bike night between now and then let us know. We would like to meet everyone even if we cant ride yet.
Shane & Sarah

Holler at me when you get back to Gilbert. I'd love to meet up with you for a cuppa coffee or whatever.

Go Cowboys!

Pam

M109Dreamer
11-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Holler at me when you get back to Gilbert. I'd love to meet up with you for a cuppa coffee or whatever.

Go Cowboys!

Pam
You bet, we'll be there for a few days. We will be there the week between xmas and new years.
Cowboys need some serious help....lol