PDA

View Full Version : Serial Posters Are Bad for the Site??

ARtraveler
08-28-2015, 02:52 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.png Serial Posters
I was reading a Hijack portion in a current thread. The subject of "serial posters" came up in what I thought was a bit of an attack mode. The subject has also been addressed by a couple others, also in attack mode.

Since I have a few posts, I felt as though I was included in the attack. Have been on the site now for 5 years and 6 months or so. The daily stats show that I average 10.49 posts per day. I must have left out some punctuation here and there to not have a full 11 to my credit. :roflblack::roflblack: With 50 to 75 active threads usually running at one time, I am not sure if I am a serial poster. No official rules have been posted that I know of. I do think that I would like to be considered as one though.

IMO: those who are regular posters do have a place on the site. IMO--of course.

What are some of the good things the regulars do for the site?

:ani29:: They welcome the newcomers that were brave enough to make that first post announcing their presence on the site.
:ani29:: They congratulate the person who has announced their new ride and welcome them to the :spyder2: fold.
:ani29:: Congratulations are given when a new farkle, baby, marriage, or other good thing is announced.
:ani29:: When someone is down, they are sometimes given words of cheer or encouragement.
:ani29:: When someone is ill or a death is announced, words of encouragement, tears, :pray:'s and condolences are offered.
:ani29:: When good stuff happens with the brand, cheerleaders are welcome.
:ani29:: When bad stuff happens with the brand, we also let them know.
:ani29:: Technical questions get answered. There are many knowledgeable people that have a wealth of experience on board.
:ani29:: There is an "off topic" thread which allows for non-:spyder2: banter to take place. I have received many chuckles, as well as picking up bits of new information from these sessions.
:ani29:: Occasionally, a troll gets shown the door.
:ani29:: Many who are "regulars" usually share in some daily banter, all in good fun, and amongst friends.
:ani29:: Sometimes a hijack is intentional, just to cool down a particular subject, or trying to put a different perspective on a hot button subject.

So, what am I trying to say? I do not think people should be criticized for being active on the site. I have been on a couple other sites where there were less than 10 posts a day. Not very interesting for me anyway.

We are fortunate to have the best site in the world for all things :spyder2:.

Kelloggs Corn Flakes :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 02:56 PM
:shocked: My thoughts on this matter?

The Best Defense: A GREAT Offense!! :thumbup:
So Damn the torpedoes, and full-speed ahead! :D

But yeah... :agree:

Pampurrs
08-28-2015, 03:01 PM
I was reading a Hijack portion in a current thread. The subject of "serial posters" came up in what I thought was a bit of an attack mode. The subject has also been addressed by a couple others, also in attack mode.

Since I have a few posts, I felt as though I was included in the attack. Have been on the site now for 5 years and 6 months or so. The daily stats show that I average 10.49 posts per day. I must have left out some punctuation here and there to not have a full 11 to my credit. :roflblack::roflblack: With 50 to 75 active threads usually running at one time, I am not sure if I am a serial poster. No official rules have been posted that I know of. I do think that I would like to be considered as one though.

:ani29:: They welcome the newcomers that were brave enough to make that first post announcing their presence on the site.
:ani29:: They congratulate the person who has announced their new ride and welcome them to the :spyder2: fold.
:ani29:: Congratulations are given when a new farkle, baby, marriage, or other good thing is announced.
:ani29:: When someone is down, they are sometimes given words of cheer or encouragement.
:ani29:: When someone is ill or a death is announced, words of encouragement, tears, :pray:'s and condolences are offered.
:ani29:: Technical questions get answered. There are many knowledgeable people that have a wealth of experience on board.
:ani29:: There is an "off topic" thread which allows for non-:spyder2: banter to take place. I have received many chuckles, as well as picking up bits of new information from these sessions.
:ani29:: Many who are "regulars" usually share in some daily banter, all in good fun, and amongst friends.
:ani29:: Sometimes a hijack is intentional, just to cool down a particular subject, or trying to put a different perspective on a hot button subject.

So, what am I trying to say? I do not think people should be criticized for being active on the site. I have been on a couple other sites where there were less than 10 posts a day. Not very interesting for me anyway.

:agree: Well put. I've never heard the term "Serial Posters" before.:clap:

Brettssunshine
08-28-2015, 03:03 PM
I've been on this site for a couple of months and thoroughly enjoy most of what I read here. I have learned quite a bit from my visits and find a lot of knowledgeable people post here who are willing to answer your questions. Not having been on here very long, I'm not quite sure if some comments that I read are in jest or not....but, as long as it's not directed at me...I can move on to the next subject and not think anything about it.

Personally, I don't care how many times a day you post. If you have something that interests me..great, if not, that's ok too.

PrairieSpyder
08-28-2015, 03:03 PM
:shocked: My thoughts on this matter?

The Best Defense: A GREAT Offense!! :thumbup:
So Damn the torpedoes, and full-speed ahead! :D

But yeah... :agree:

I try not to be offensive, Bob.

(I had to respond so I could add to my post count.)

Dan McNally
08-28-2015, 03:05 PM

+1 on the above :agree:

:agree: Well put. I've never heard the term "Serial Posters" before.:clap:

Pampurrs, the term "post whore" is bandied about, frequently, by some of the haters.

cuznjohn
08-28-2015, 03:05 PM
who care who has so many posts, i don't

Joe T.
08-28-2015, 03:10 PM

May I make a suggestion to the 'Serial Posters?'

Make every other post in PigLatin. Or, maybe, Swahili (sp??). If you are not fluent in either of those languages, perhaps you could post in Sanskrit.

Whatever, just have some fun!

Joe T.

ARtraveler
08-28-2015, 03:14 PM
May I make a suggestion to the 'Serial Posters?'

Make every other post in PigLatin. Or, maybe, Swahili (sp??). If you are not fluent in either of those languages, perhaps you could post in Sanskrit.

Whatever, just have some fun!

Joe T.

Kay-o. I Ill-way Onsider-cay At-they. :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
08-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Kay-o. I Ill-way Onsider-cay At-they. :roflblack:

What he said. (helping my post count)

Cruzr joe

Magdave
08-28-2015, 03:21 PM
And I thought we were going to talk breakfast. Post Cereals Alphabets, or Raisin Brand ?

PrairieSpyder
08-28-2015, 03:25 PM
And I thought we were going to talk breakfast. Post Cereals Alphabets, or Raisin Brand ?

Bob Denman must like Raisin Bran because he's a regular poster! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

mustangbob
08-28-2015, 04:21 PM
All you cereal posters keep em coming, gives me something to do when not ryding. But I prefer bacon and eggs.

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Bob Denman must like Raisin Bran because he's a regular poster! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
:shocked: Did you just say that I'm full of :cus:?

Well... I can live with that! :roflblack: :clap:

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Speaking of Breakfast choices: this show is being brought to you by Froot Loops...

The choice of Champions!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114815&stc=1

ARtraveler
08-28-2015, 05:06 PM
I keep thinking I should reply to some of these, but, then I may get accused of raising my post count intentionally. :dontknow:

I think I will go and pick up Linda for the weekend, hop on our Spyders, take a nice fall ride, have a pizza and a beer, and maybe come back about 8:00 (AK time) or so tonight to close it down for the day.

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 05:16 PM
What kind of pizza??? :shocked:
Make mine extra sauce and cheese, and pile on the pepperoni, sausage, and black olives! :thumbup:

As to the beer???
Well... YES; thank you! :cheers:

You post-shore! :roflblack: I'm gonna have to dig out some of the OLD material now! :yes:

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 05:27 PM
I've been on this site for a couple of months and thoroughly enjoy most of what I read here. I have learned quite a bit from my visits and find a lot of knowledgeable people post here who are willing to answer your questions. Not having been on here very long, I'm not quite sure if some comments that I read are in jest or not....but, as long as it's not directed at me...I can move on to the next subject and not think anything about it.

Personally, I don't care how many times a day you post. If you have something that interests me..great, if not, that's ok too.

I'm the guy who scoots by on roller skates, while juggling...

...and ends up going down a flight of stairs into a garbage can! :roflblack:
i'll be the guy with the silly hat, and stupid grin on my face!

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 05:48 PM
In case anybody needs them for use as cards to "throw down" in here... :D
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114816&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114817&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114818&stc=1

Chupaca
08-28-2015, 06:24 PM
Well put akspyderman...:2thumbs: The interesting part is those that complain seem to read all these worthless posts and keep tabs on the serial posters. They claim they waste their time yet they spend the time going over everyone of the posts. They can just as easily blip and skip to what they are interested in. I believe all posters do so with the hope there posts will be read and commented on...jmo

bscrive
08-28-2015, 06:37 PM
There you go Lamont, change Bob's status from Eponymous Member to "Post Whore Member" :shemademe_smilie: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
08-28-2015, 07:07 PM
:agree:

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 08:31 PM
:shocked: Curiously enough; I don't think that I'd be fond of that change... :shocked:
It took a long time for me to learn how to spell "eponymous". I'd hate for that effort to have been for naught...

jcspyder
08-28-2015, 08:51 PM
I don't care what you call it, I appreciate most everything I get from this site and the people who contribute...regularly or occasionally. I have learned more about my Spyder here than anywhere else, and as a relatively new ryder, I would have been lost without the advice and suggestions I've found here. Just like anywhere else, there are the occasional "haters" or "attackers", but IMHO, it is still well worth wading through a few of those posts to hear what others have to say regarding Spyder maintenance, farkles, tips & tricks, etc. I would hate to see some of the regular posters scale back because of a few "concerns". I might miss some good info. Please keep it coming.

In other words - post on people. If I don't want to read it, I don't have to.

oldguyinTX
08-28-2015, 09:22 PM
As long as the Raisin Bran is mixed with Grape Nuts, I'm good. The fiber helps. I like that "Wild Hickory Nut Taste"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XJMIu18I8Y

mowin
08-28-2015, 09:46 PM
Omg, this is one of the most funny threads I've seen in a while. Must make the ones complaining about us... I mean you serial posters a little ticked off. :roflblack:

cyclelover63
08-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Reading this thread is 5 minutes of my life I will never get back..:banghead:...Bring back the guy who held the Myrtle Beach rally!

garb55
08-28-2015, 10:06 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
I know that a lot of my posts are just to make people smile or laugh
We have enough problems in our lives [big or small]
I try everyday to make someone laugh or smile
if I do
I have made them forget their problems even if it is only for a moment
I do this to people I meet and even some I don't know
so
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: and
:):):)
Don
and we all know
If you disobey the "Don"
you'll be on the "Hit List"

Magdave
08-28-2015, 10:26 PM
And here is a pic of our favorite cereal poster...
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfiles/14248/B6714776DF4A4F13AF1B66E1400F5E1D.jpg

Magdave
08-28-2015, 10:28 PM
...and how about cereal killers
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b3/6d/f0/b36df0754725700d93d6a371f37970ad.jpg

SL Ken
08-28-2015, 10:39 PM
Seems like I say this every so often. Please keep posting. The off topic stuff is hilarious. The technical stuff is at times above my head but I enjoy all of it. I did talk to a man that said he blocks or puts people on ignore or something. If you don't want to read the "serial posters", do that. Otherwise, leave the rest of us alone. To many forums are uh, dead. It is a lot of fun and just so much information to get when the forum has a post a day or maybe even a post a year. NOT!!:banghead:

So to all you guys out there that keep this place moving, please continue. And thanks.

loisk
08-29-2015, 12:01 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114836&stc=1

Pampurrs
08-29-2015, 12:07 AM
Can anyone tell me which is the best oil to use in my Spyder?

wyliec
08-29-2015, 07:01 AM
akspyderman,

You are not a SP, and in fact I find most of (if not all) your posts interesting. But, what I think I remember is that within about the last month or so, you previously brought it up that others might think you were a SP, if they actually exist. I think there is something wrong with me this A.M.; I think I'm complimenting you. :dontknow:

I may have to take a break from this place. I feel my self slipping.

Oh, I forgot; this is spyderlovers. I should have said, I may have to take a brake from this place.

aeroshots
08-29-2015, 08:19 AM
Can anyone tell me which is the best oil to use in my Spyder?

I was wondering the same thing, also which is the best color white or red.

(sorry for the hijack)

Bob Denman
08-29-2015, 01:10 PM
Please use Canola; your fries will taste better! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Hey Dave!
Since we're back to "Serial" for a little bit...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114874&stc=1

ARtraveler
08-29-2015, 01:17 PM
akspyderman,

You are not a SP, and in fact I find most of (if not all) your posts interesting. But, what I think I remember is that within about the last month or so, you previously brought it up that others might think you were a SP, if they actually exist. I think there is something wrong with me this A.M.; I think I'm complimenting you. :dontknow:

I may have to take a break from this place. I feel my self slipping.

Oh, I forgot; this is spyderlovers. I should have said, I may have to take a brake from this place.

PM sent

Bob Denman
08-30-2015, 08:59 AM
"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee:"... ignore list is a good.

And a whole lot less painful, than plucking out eyeballs! :shocked:

Chupaca
08-30-2015, 10:28 AM
To those I have welcomed...I am glad you are with us your the reason we are here
To those I have helped...your welcome, I do try with things I know about...
To those I have made laugh...I'm glad cause laughter sparkles like sunshine...
To those I prayed for...I can only hope it helped you and yours...
To those I have wronged...I can only appologize cause it was never my intension
To those that that hate my constant replies to members questions and comments to their posts....use your god given talents to blip and skip...
And to those that hate the serial posters....Thanks for making us famous...:roflblack::roflblack:

cuznjohn
08-30-2015, 10:52 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114893&stc=1

SNOOPY
08-30-2015, 11:10 AM
:popcorn:

Sccar
08-30-2015, 01:03 PM
I could not help it. Trying to get my count to 100 :yes:

Purple Guy
08-30-2015, 01:50 PM
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/ff/ffa70584c0f18c24c20c456380ea61e3cb8bc51cc45a007438 a47e8facb6a522.jpg

cptjam
08-30-2015, 02:24 PM
I love the activity, and the enthusiasm! Post ho's keep it alive! Many forums are DOA, no response, no answers. At least here, you get answers! Right, wrong, funny, insulting, sublime......something is better than nothing! JMHO, Joe

Bob Denman
08-30-2015, 06:44 PM
I belong to another Spyder forum, and it's DEAD... :shocked:
Most of posts are now from members with stuff to sell...
It's become a giant flea market... :gaah:

garb55
08-30-2015, 10:58 PM
I belong to another Spyder forum, and it's DEAD... :shocked:
Most of posts are now from members with stuff to sell...
It's become a giant flea market... :gaah:

Put a flea collar on it and keep them over on that forum
Yep 1 more post for me :yes::clap::clap:

garb55
08-30-2015, 11:01 PM
I think if I do 1000 posts a day I can catch up with Bob D in about 20 years
:yes: I got another post :clap:

Bob Denman
08-31-2015, 06:43 AM
:shocked: It's not a race... :shocked:
Folks who have nothing useful to say, just often do it in the loudest manner possible.

garb55
08-31-2015, 09:24 AM
:shocked: It's not a race... :shocked:
Folks who have nothing useful to say, just often do it in the loudest manner possible.

YEP
I'm ITALIAN AND WE ALWAY TALK LOUD
if WE DIDN'T YOU COULD NOT HEAR WHAT WE WERE SAYING OVER EVERYONE ELSE AT A FAMIY DINNER :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-31-2015, 11:27 AM
:yikes: You TALK at Dinnertime??

I just eat... it makes life simpler! :D