PDA

View Full Version : more gun control attacks

cuznjohn
08-28-2015, 01:52 PM
after the shooting in VA of the two young people, the high and holy gun control politicians are using this to talk about eliminating guns again. i live in the NEW YORK CITY AREA and lucky enough to have both a pistol and rifle license. both for more than 35 years and i follow all the lays from where i live.

with my pistol license, i am allowed to keep it loaded in the house for protection, it was never like this till years ago when they change the license from a target permit to a premises permit, technicality if i want to go to a range for some target shooting, i am suppose to call them and tell them when and where i want to go, and get permission to do it. i have tried for years to get a full carry permit but to no avail. i even went to a pistol lawyer to help me, and he was nice enough to tell me to forget it, and didn't charge me anything.

i am curious what the other states are like for hand gun owners. i do know that years ago, back in the 70's, that i almost lost my license because i drove a tow truck in the city and i was told when the police dept. found out that they didn't want any crazy tow truck driver having a gun in the truck. but i did win that case. ok thanks for any answers you people give on this.

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 02:00 PM
John,
Full-Carry up here, since 1981... :thumbup:
Good Luck down there... you're going to need it! :shocked:

cuznjohn
08-28-2015, 02:12 PM
when i had my house in Franklin NY, they wouldn't give me a permit because it was not my permanent residence. but i did carry the gun when we would go out to dinner, unloaded in case i was stopped, just not to leave it in the house.

Chupaca
08-28-2015, 02:18 PM
if they had their way we would lick mush off the floor cause even a plate can become a weapon. It is not the weapon they should worry about but the one behind it...and I'm otta here.....

jwulf74
08-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Luckily here out in one of, if not the most, free state, we can open carry any where but the usual places like courthouses, schools and bars. Conceal carry with permit in all but the same. Long guns are no issue either. If it goes boom, we can have it. I CC everywhere but work where we have a policy that says I can't... gun control here means proper aim...

Brettssunshine
08-28-2015, 04:30 PM
In PA, it is open carry or concealed with permit. It took me $20 and 30 minutes to go to my county's police department and acquire my concealed carry permit.

cuznjohn
08-28-2015, 04:51 PM
In PA, it is open carry or concealed with permit. It took me $20 and 30 minutes to go to my county's police department and acquire my concealed carry permit.

here in new york it costs me 374.00 for 3 years

GOZFST
08-28-2015, 04:56 PM
Luckily here out in one of, if not the most, free state, we can open carry any where but the usual places like courthouses, schools and bars. Conceal carry with permit in all but the same. Long guns are no issue either. If it goes boom, we can have it. I CC everywhere but work where we have a policy that says I can't... gun control here means proper aim...
Yep, $10 for 5 years. Fill out paper work, drop off at sheriff's office, pick it up a week later. AZ is a little more expensive and requires finger prints, but I can carry in 34 states with both.

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 05:02 PM
here in new york it costs me 374.00 for 3 years
Mine was issued: "Valid until Revoked" no annual fees...

Orange Spyder Man
08-28-2015, 07:23 PM
here in Louisiana we have OPEN or CONCEALED carry... I got my CCW license over 25 years ago and have been carrying 24/7 .. I prefer carrying concealed..
price for a 5 year permit is $60.00 ... gubberment won't rest until they ban guns all together... they are scared the people will realize how bad we getting screwed and fear reprisal..
I won't live in a communist state which dis-allows gun ownership... should government decide to revoke the 2nd amendment... when they attempt to enforce it.... LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL DIE !
osm

retread
08-28-2015, 08:14 PM
$125 for a lifetime CCW here, considering getting non-res permits from several other states, just to pad mt wallet, of course.

john

oldguyinTX
08-28-2015, 09:25 PM
Mine was issued: "Valid until Revoked" no annual fees...

Valid until revoked?? Not sure I want to know what would get "revoked":yikes::yikes:

mowin
08-28-2015, 09:39 PM
Valid until revoked?? Not sure I want to know what would get "revoked":yikes::yikes:
Here in NY, you can get revoked for getting a parking ticket. It all depends on which County you reside in, and who's sherrif at the time.

DJFaninTN
08-28-2015, 09:45 PM
i guess the 2nd amendment doesn't apply for certain parts of New York.

M109Dreamer
08-29-2015, 12:42 AM
In AZ we have open & conceal. Dont even need a license anymore. Another reason Nevada and Utah have dropped us. In AZ you could strap a M60 to your back and be legal, would def get attention by the police though. I have a CCW for 5 years, think it was around $60 for the 5 yrs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

kep-up
08-29-2015, 06:05 AM

PA is a "will issue" state for a "license to carry firearms". So long as you are not a convicted felon, or mentally insane. The "License to carry firearms" is issued by the county sheriff.

The county sheriff is the top dog in PA law enforcement. He can arrest State police officers, and only he can arrest a judge.

OP, you can check on the NRA website for the most recent updates on various state laws regarding firearms. Or, on opencarry.org.

Brettssunshine, our spyders need to meet sometime.

whiteyron
08-29-2015, 08:45 AM
$100 for 5 years + class for CCW in Minnesota

cuznjohn
08-29-2015, 09:47 AM
i guess the 2nd amendment doesn't apply for certain parts of New York.

new york city is one of the worst cities for hand gun control. they are very strict.

DJFaninTN
08-29-2015, 07:35 PM
new york city is one of the worst cities for hand gun control. they are very strict.

yep and that is why gun control never works in cities like NY and Chicago. states that have lower gun control laws have less crime.

Bob Denman
08-30-2015, 08:14 AM
They can pull it, if you get your butt in trouble... :shocked:
But it gives you a good incentive to "Stay within the lines... :thumbup:

Rogue Hawk
09-01-2015, 04:17 PM
In Chicago, if you are a registered gun owner with no prior arrests you are a 'Criminal'.

Bob Denman
09-01-2015, 04:58 PM
In Chicago, if you are a registered gun owner with no prior arrests you are a 'Criminal'.
:shocked::hun:
Could you explain that statement a bit further; I can't get my head wrapped around it. :dontknow:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-01-2015, 05:11 PM
like most laws gun control, if applied correctly could work.

Tazzel
08-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Colorado, Open Carry you do not even have to register your gun. Concealed is with a permit. (i could never figure that one out). Recently, there was a law passed I think at a federal level that prevents states, town and cities to restrict people that have a Concealed carry permit from entering public buildings, Because they have a right to protect themselves no matter where they are. The only way City’s and towns can still restrict is to provide security for them, meaning metal detectors and x-ray machines (like that is going to stop anyone from doing harm). That is why you will see more and more metal detectors going up. My City just put up metal detectors, so people coming into pay their water bill, have to pass through it and all belongings have to go through an x-ray machine. It is a big pain in the butt. I am always torn between being a good citizen and giving up my rights. Thats just me.

Mexican
08-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Oklahoma has open carry, you can carry your rifle in plain view and your gun on your hip at will, cost around 400 for 10 years

gkamer
08-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Here in the pacific northwest, specifically Washington, it is an open carry state. The normal restrictions apply of course, in places like courts, schools, bars, etc.... As well as normal restrictions that apply to people, ie convicted felons.

Otherwise you go to your local law enforcement agency, fill out an application form, pay the fee ($54.00 I think) for the background and fingerprints. A few weeks later, your concealed weapons permit gets approved and your golden.

Heck, I was shopping in Walmart not to long ago and there was a woman packing a S/W 1911 on her belt. No one even gave her a second look. Friend of mine carries his Sig in a thigh holster.

gkamer
08-04-2016, 10:15 PM
their laws. You no longer need a permit to carry concealed at all.

AY4B
08-05-2016, 03:51 AM
John, you could move in with Bob for a few weeks to get your permit and then move back. Im sure its OK with Bob:yikes:

PrairieSpyder
08-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Oklahoma has open carry, you can carry your rifle in plain view and your gun on your hip at will, cost around 400 for 10 years

You have to pay $400 to open carry? :hun:

. . .

Otherwise you go to your local law enforcement agency, fill out an application form, pay the fee ($54.00 I think) for the background and fingerprints. A few weeks later, your concealed weapons permit gets approved and your golden.
. . . .

That's the way it was in Georgia when I lived there about 15 years ago. Here in Kansas you have to take a course in addition to the background check, etc.

jaherbst
08-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Open carry or concealed without a permit or a permit if desired here in the "Old Pueblo". Ain't life

great!

My guns remain in the house unless used for a special purpose. I have a permit to carry concealed if I

desire to take to a reciprocal state.

Jack

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 08:29 AM
John, you could move in with Bob for a few weeks to get your permit and then move back. Im sure its OK with Bob:yikes:

It wouldn't work. :shocked:
NYC has their own unique rules, and our permits aren't valid down there. :gaah:

Sam Mac
08-05-2016, 09:00 AM
I'll stick to VA, open carry or permit for concealed. :yes:

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 11:11 AM
https://youtu.be/WTdO-w3xnpw

:clap:

ericwn
08-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Guns - yuck. No exceptions.

AY4B
08-05-2016, 11:37 AM
It wouldn't work. :shocked:
NYC has their own unique rules, and our permits aren't valid down there. :gaah:

Thats what I thought, soft targets=more gun violence. I wont be going there any time soon.

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 11:51 AM

:roflblack: Listening to Canadians talk about our firearms rights, is about like listening to the Pope discuss birth control from his own personal use perspective... :roflblack:

ericwn
08-05-2016, 12:13 PM
I am not Canadian, cowboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrairieSpyder
08-05-2016, 12:13 PM
:roflblack: Listening to Canadians talk about our firearms rights, is about like listening to the Pope discuss birth control from his own personal use perspective... :roflblack:

:agree: Or a vegetarian explaining how to cook a steak.

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 12:14 PM
I am not Canadian, cowboy.
Then you better check your listed location... :roflblack:
Because if you don't know where you are: they have medications for that! :thumbup:

The last time that I looked at a map: Toronto was in Canada.

ericwn
08-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Maybe, just maybe, you wanna have a second read and make sure that field in your browser claims "citizenship" rather than location. It does not for the rest of the world. Lots to learn! ;)

cuznjohn
08-05-2016, 12:34 PM
i can't believe a few of my posts are still alive. did anyone happen to see the news conference yesterday, where a certain leader of the best country in the world said about gun control. he/she said the reason the terrorist want to come to this great country is because, it is so easy to get a gun. i would think a non citizen could not be able to buy a gun. how can this attract people to come here

Cavman
08-05-2016, 12:38 PM
I have the GA, FL & UT carry permits. Here in GA you can open carry if you wish. They are some states that my GA permit is not good.

cuznjohn
08-05-2016, 12:47 PM
I have the GA, FL & UT carry permits. Here in GA you can open carry if you wish. They are some states that my GA permit is not good.

here in ny it is impossible to get a carry permit. i really think they should allow it if your going to a range. if your carrying a gun in a box like i have to, what would stop someone from grabbing you when you get out of your car and go into the range.

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Maybe, just maybe, you wanna have a second read and make sure that field in your browser claims "citizenship" rather than location. It does not for the rest of the world. Lots to learn! ;)
You certainly act like a Canadian... :D :clap:

ericwn
08-05-2016, 01:16 PM
You certainly act like a Canadian... :D :clap:

Name calling is surely the best indicator for a troll.

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 01:19 PM
I didn't realize that paying someone a compliment, was the equivalent of being a Troll...
To me: most Canadians seem reserved and polite. nojoke
Since this all stated over your "yuck" comment regarding guns: I'd like to expand upon why I said; what I said.
Personal ownership of firearms is a right that is guaranteed by our Bill of Rights.
That doesn't mean that everyone should own one!
There are folks who just lack the emotional stability, to be safe with one.
Folks who "run on their emotions", would be a good example of this.
Folks who aren't comfortable with them due to an inherent fear of them: shouldn't own them.
Folks who are already criminals obviously don't deserve the right of ownership
And I think that folks that suffer with mental disease are also precluded from ownership.
Let's face it:
Firearms ownership in this Country is a right, that comes with a tremendous burden of responsibilities.
Responsible gun owners know that they have to do everything right: ALL of the time!
When things go wrong: we all get painted with the same broad brush.
That's rather infuriating, but it's part of what makes us try to always do a better job.
So before you dismiss us with "yuck"; consider those of us who work hard at doing it right. :thumbup:
You may not have one... But if you needed one, and I was nearby: there'd be one there to protect you as well...

vided
08-05-2016, 01:28 PM

Bfromla
08-05-2016, 04:11 PM
here in Louisiana we have OPEN or CONCEALED carry... I got my CCW license over 25 years ago and have been carrying 24/7 .. I prefer carrying concealed..
price for a 5 year permit is $60.00 ... gubberment won't rest until they ban guns all together... they are scared the people will realize how bad we getting screwed and fear reprisal..
I won't live in a communist state which dis-allows gun ownership... should government decide to revoke the 2nd amendment... when they attempt to enforce it....
osm
Sportsman's paradise
Same state here just more to the North end of ya. Im Quite comfortable not having CCW tho as i prefer the larger full frame more suited for open carry. I do tend to draw wrong attention when i strap my mares leg on & ride the spyder. But no problems from leos
Fyi one of my hats
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160805/cf3c88c0f14d3a8c53f09ef6e976ae07.jpg & making vest patch
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160805/116f4e3bf643d4f9cde23ebb335d1d3f.jpg

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

Bfromla
08-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Becoming a popular shirthttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160805/18b9926dadc2b7ef0adcafd13ccfb4d3.jpg found at most truck stops fyi

I wasn't there but I still care! POW /MIA VETS

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Hi Gary,
Thanks for some statistics about gun ownership up in your "neck of the woods". :thumbup:
I've hunted Caribou in Northern Quebec. (Fly up to Kuujjuaq sometime: it's a pretty cool place!)
It was by FAR, the best hunting trip that I had ever been on. The Landscape was so different than anything I had ever dreamed about. Looking at a tree that might be 150 years old, and was just four or five feet high was a mind-boggler.
And the Northern Lights: they seemed to dance right on top of you... :clap:
We were fortunate enough to get to spend some time in Kuujjuaq, and the people there amazed all of us with their kind acceptance of all of these "funny-looking" Americans wandering around...
Walking into a Hudson Bay Trading Company Store was a personal highlight of the trip. I remember reading about them in History books; realizing that they were still around was almost beyond what my simple head could comprehend.
So I have a great affinity for all of you guys, and that won't change!

mowin
08-05-2016, 05:06 PM

What I find interesting, is why someone who hates guns would click on a thread about guns?

Then Spout their opinion, accuse someone who has been a outstanding member here for yrs with thousands of posts, of being a troll.

Seems to me someone just wants to cause trouble. Oh, it's usually the one with very few posts that's the troll.

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 05:10 PM
:D Let's just forget them, and move on... :clap:

ericwn
08-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Oh, I must have forgotten to ask for your permission before I post an opinion on something as popular worldwide as guns. Surely that must be related to my low posting count, because only folks with 4 digit posting counters may have a say. It's a forum, not a private hidden club. Ignore me if my opinion differs from yours too much.

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Rob is actually right.
When you open up a thread about something that you obviously have no interest in: this is what happens.
From what I've seen in here, a lot of Spyder owners just seem to be older, and a bit more "conservative", than a lot of other folks. I'm NOT saying that we're ALL this way, but I do notice a trend. A lot of us enjoy the outdoors in other ways: hunting, fishing, camping, riding ATVs and snowmobiles. Gun ownership seems to just go along with a lot of this. Excuse us, if our feelings about them don't mirror your own...
Besides: if we all thought alike, I'd have too many of you out there trying to chase my Missus! :D

Habib
08-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Open here in WA but no one does that I know of. I've had a CCW for years and a Utah CCW, that gives me coverage in a lot of places. The only problem I have is what I want to tuck away on any given day. :yes: Gotta just be careful to follow the rules and really, really, really know if you really want to unholster and use it.

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 05:34 PM
:agree::agree::agree: :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
08-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Thanks Bob,
I grew up in Quebec and have been in virtually all corners of the country but that is an area still on my bucket list.
Gary

Gary,
I'm not kidding: GO! :2thumbs:

Lew L
08-05-2016, 07:26 PM
After reviewing all 8 of this guys posts( ericwn) I believe we have here the perfect example of a TROLL.
Limited subject matter, but attempts to deride Americans because he does not understand our history or our Constitution.

Shall we just not respond , as this is the only thing he want and needs Might I suggest also that this is a possible mass usage of the IGNORE feature of this site. nojoke

Kaos

mowin
08-05-2016, 07:45 PM
After reviewing all 8 of this guys posts( ericwn) I believe we have here the perfect example of a TROLL.
Limited subject matter, but attempts to deride Americans because he does not understand our history or our Constitution.

Shall we just not respond , as this is the only thing he want and needs Might I suggest also that this is a possible mass usage of the IGNORE feature of this site. nojoke

Kaos

Yep.. this idiot is on the ignore list...

vided
08-06-2016, 03:34 PM

Mexican
08-06-2016, 03:42 PM
You have to pay $400 to open carry? :hun:

The aplication fee is $125, the sheriff's share i belive $250 if i remember correctly and the fingerprints i belive are $100, all i know is that i paid a chitload of money,:yikes: the permit is for the gun and you can open carry or conceal it

Bob Denman
08-06-2016, 05:30 PM

sandeejs
08-06-2016, 07:47 PM
here in ny it is impossible to get a carry permit. i really think they should allow it if your going to a range. if your carrying a gun in a box like i have to, what would stop someone from grabbing you when you get out of your car and go into the range.

Most ranges around here (S.E. Michigan) do not allow concealed carry in the store or parking lot leading to the range. I assume that has to do with an incident where somebody came in and shot the owner and staff and left with a bunch of guns and money.

Wow - some of the prices for "open carry" licenses show how the government is learning to "cope" with the 2nd amendment: tax it!!

~Sandee~

sandeejs
08-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Hi Gary,
Thanks for some statistics about gun ownership up in your "neck of the woods". :thumbup:
I've hunted Caribou in Northern Quebec. (Fly up to Kuujjuaq sometime: it's a pretty cool place!)
It was by FAR, the best hunting trip that I had ever been on. The Landscape was so different than anything I had ever dreamed about. Looking at a tree that might be 150 years old, and was just four or five feet high was a mind-boggler.
And the Northern Lights: they seemed to dance right on top of you... :clap:
We were fortunate enough to get to spend some time in Kuujjuaq, and the people there amazed all of us with their kind acceptance of all of these "funny-looking" Americans wandering around...
Walking into a Hudson Bay Trading Company Store was a personal highlight of the trip. I remember reading about them in History books; realizing that they were still around was almost beyond what my simple head could comprehend.
So I have a great affinity for all of you guys, and that won't change!

How'd you get the :spyder2: to fly that far?
Northern Lights are on my bucket list....

~Sandee~

Bob Denman
08-07-2016, 01:29 PM
:D Hi Sandee,
You can probably catch them in your skies.
I've seen them on several occasions, from our hunting camp in the Adirondacks...
But up there: it's a whole new lightshow!!! :thumbup:

cuznjohn
08-07-2016, 01:43 PM
Most ranges around here (S.E. Michigan) do not allow concealed carry in the store or parking lot leading to the range. I assume that has to do with an incident where somebody came in and shot the owner and staff and left with a bunch of guns and money.

Wow - some of the prices for "open carry" licenses show how the government is learning to "cope" with the 2nd amendment: tax it!!

~Sandee~

last time i re registered my guns here in NYC. it was 375 dollars for 3 years.