PDA

View Full Version : new Corbin seats!!!

IMRU3
01-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Here it is...

NancysToy
01-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Wow, that is sharp! ...and especially nice with the Beetle Bags. I'm not a fan of Corbin seats, or any dished seat for that matter. My anatomy objects, but style-wise this combo doesn't look like it can be beat. I hope my wife doesn't see it. :)
-Scotty

8LEGS
01-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I like it, it looks great. :2thumbs:

LDFIREWORKS
01-15-2009, 09:47 AM
I got mine about a month ago , ilove it but i did not no they made them 2 tone ,my spyder is silver one that is very cool is they did put the spyder near the name on the side.......... yours looks great enjoy and ride safe:2thumbs::2thumbs:

tatt2r
01-15-2009, 09:49 AM
awesome look love the windshield ...:D did you run into any problems installing the seat with the factory sport rack

IMRU3
01-15-2009, 11:20 AM
awesome look love the windshield ...:D did you run into any problems installing the seat with the factory sport rack

Hi, Tatt2r. I had my local Spyder dealer install the Corbin seats. I don't know how laborious it would be if I were the one to do it, so I had the dealer intall it for me along with my Scorpio alarm i900. They charged me 1.1/2 hours for the install of the seats. They did not mention to me any difficulty with the installation. I would assume it went well or they would have called Corbin for any questions.

tatt2r
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi, Tatt2r. I had my local Spyder dealer install the Corbin seats. I don't know how laborious it would be if I were the one to do it, so I had the dealer intall it for me along with my Scorpio alarm i900. They charged me 1.1/2 hours for the install of the seats. They did not mention to me any difficulty with the installation. I would assume it went well or they would have called Corbin for any questions.

thank you:coffee: also how long did it take to get seat after you placed order

IMRU3
01-16-2009, 01:31 AM
thank you:coffee: also how long did it take to get seat after you placed order

It took about five weeks to get the Corbin seats. I got it before Christmas. I just delayed the installation due to winter conditions back then. Of course, the anticipation of getting it was the difficult part. But, my overall satisfaction is two thumbs up.:2thumbs:

aka1004
01-20-2009, 12:40 AM
is two-tone color new? i dont see them on their website or did you special order if so how much?
i think they look much better

IMRU3
01-20-2009, 03:26 AM
is two-tone color new? i dont see them on their website or did you special order if so how much?
i think they look much better
The Corbin website has a sample of a two-tone seat in red and black. You can specify whatever design/style you want when you place your order. They also added the spider design along with the Corbin logo (embroidered). They also added an accessory to hold your seat up when pumping gas.

aka1004
01-20-2009, 10:22 PM
i only see black with stripes and two tone with snake skin looking thing

Dudley
01-29-2009, 02:39 PM
I rode to Hollister Tuesday of last week for my seat fit and installation. They did a fantastic job. I would love to post them, but can't figure out how. They are in my Pictures folder.

Lamonster
01-29-2009, 02:41 PM
I rode to Hollister Tuesday of last week for my seat fit and installation. They did a fantastic job. I would love to post them, but can't figure out how. They are in my Pictures folder.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8044

Dudley
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Found out how...Notice that my wife can see over my head with helmet on. Corbin did a great job in satisfying her need of a taller seat. Also, the little berm that sticks into your pasenger's tailbone on the Spyder seat was eliminated on the Corbin seat, per our request.

jodeg1945
03-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I rode my Spyder yesterday for only a couple of hours with my Alaska Leathers Butt Pad, and my tailbone was sore the rest of the day! I tried my gel pad to, no better. I decided that I'd never make it when we ride all day during the riding season.

So, after much thought and reading lots of postings on this site, I ordered my Corbin seat yesterday (3/17). I know there's lots of opinions pro and con, but I think this will work for me, plus I really like the looks of the Corbin seat.

My only difficulty is that I really don't WAIT well! I just got my confirmation and it says the "Schedule" date is 4/29/09! YIKES! Going to be one heck of a long wait! I only got my Spyder is October, and the riding season was pretty much over. I didn't know the stock seat would bother me like this, or I'd have ordered the Corbin over the winter!

You'd think that, at my advanced age, I'd have more patience, but NOOOOOO, I don't! Bummer! :mad:

zzneonzz
03-19-2009, 07:04 AM
I rode by Spyder yesterday for only a couple of hours with my Alaska Leathers Butt Pad, and my tailbone was sore the rest of the day! I tried my gel pad to, no better. I decided that I'd never make it when we ride all day during the riding season.

So, after much thought and reading lots of postings on this site, I ordered my Corbin seat yesterday (3/17). I know there's lots of opinions pro and con, but I think this will work for me, plus I really like the looks of the Corbin seat.

My only difficulty is that I really don't WAIT well! I just got my confirmation and it says the "Schedule" date is 4/29/09! YIKES! Going to be one heck of a long wait! I only got my Spyder is October, and the riding season was pretty much over. I didn't know the stock seat would bother me like this, or I'd have ordered the Corbin over the winter!

You'd think that, at my advanced age, I'd have more patience, but NOOOOOO, I don't! Bummer! :mad:

Hopefully you will get lucky as i did. My invoice showed delivery for 6 weeks after the day i ordered it. I recieved it 2 weeks after i ordered it.

jodeg1945
03-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Oh, thanks, I hope so! If not, my behind (Princess and the Pea Syndrome) is in for a rough time!

How do you like your Corbin?