PDA

View Full Version : Asian Carp Target Practice

cuznjohn
08-27-2015, 02:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2AJ9UiJ5oc

Bob Denman
08-27-2015, 02:30 PM
:shocked: That might have been the scariest shooting scenario that I've ever witnessed... :shocked:
Absolutely NO thought; to safe "Zones of Fire"...
The guy with the camera is trying to reload, and they're shooting fish about six feet off of his right elbow... :yikes:
Darwin candidates with guns... :banghead:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114770&stc=1

Pirate looks at --
08-27-2015, 02:35 PM
Stupid!

ARtraveler
08-27-2015, 02:38 PM
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Bob Denman
08-27-2015, 02:40 PM
I couldn't even watch the entire video...
Did they swing back through, and pick up their kills, or just leave them to rot (And be totally wasted...)? :gaah:

Bob Denman
08-27-2015, 02:56 PM
To me: this seems like a much safer sport... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vho5eTabWQI&feature=player_detailpage

Chupaca
08-27-2015, 06:32 PM
gotta say those are very quiet shotguns or an extreemly noisy engine. How much fish is left after a dead on hit.?? Did they get any..?? Will they have enough for hourderves..?? They didn't swing by and pick any up..isn't this how the buffalo almost became extinict..?? Doesn't this fall under stupid people with guns..?? :hun:

mowin
08-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Asian carp are a invasive species that need to be eradicated, and are considered a garbage fish and not eaten. This is what I've been told by friends of mine that have delt with these fish.

That being said, I have to agree these guys are idiots as far as gun safety is concerned. Way too many things could have gone horribly wrong.

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 10:34 AM
You could still scoop them up, and feed them to the livestock...:shocked:
Invasive piece of garbage or not; it still seems like a waste of an asset.

mowin
08-28-2015, 12:29 PM
I agree w you Bob, but do we know they didn't?? I didn't watch the whole video.

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 12:38 PM
I did go back and check... no netting of the carcasses...

hopefully it was done after the cameras were put away! :thumbup:

mowin
08-28-2015, 01:07 PM
It's easy to assume they didn't, but you know what happens when you assume...

If I had to wager, I wouldn't put my $ on them cleaning up.

cuznjohn
08-28-2015, 01:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqykDINEcGo

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 01:35 PM
:clap: Now THAT looks like tons of fun!!! :2thumbs:

mowin
08-28-2015, 02:37 PM
I've got all I can do to walk without falling. Waterskiing??? Ya ok..:roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Throw a bunch of snakeheads in that Lake, and it could be a pretty interesting contact sport! :yikes:

kep-up
08-29-2015, 06:20 AM
Looks like fun to me!
Everyone has to assess the risk and decide what they are comfortable with. Me? i'd be very uncomfortable with the risk and wouldn't do it. Besides, the fish and boat commission in PA would throw the book at those guys for discharging a firearm from a moving boat!

Orange Spyder Man
08-29-2015, 08:23 AM
I am pro gun... BUT .. along with being very stupid, careless... I bet a game warden would have a field day with these morons.... first off I noticed that the guy in the back of the boat does not have a plug in his shotgun because he shot more than 3 shots without reloading.. here in Louisiana he would receive a summons for shooting fish and not having a plug in his shotgun..
hope these guys do not procreate..

osm

mowin
08-29-2015, 08:29 AM
I am pro gun... BUT .. along with being very stupid, careless... I bet a game warden would have a field day with these morons.... first off I noticed that the guy in the back of the boat does not have a plug in his shotgun because he shot more than 3 shots without reloading.. here in Louisiana he would receive a summons for shooting fish and not having a plug in his shotgun..
hope these guys do not procreate..

osm

Here in NY, we only need a plug our shotguns for waterfowl. But shooting from a motorized vehicle is definitely a no no....:lecturef_smilie: