PDA

View Full Version : Angle Rotation Sensor

ruthie
08-26-2015, 08:44 PM
What does the Angle Rotation Sensor do on the Spyder?

DrewNJ
08-26-2015, 09:26 PM
It tells the spyder what gear its in.
It's also called a gear position sensor.

Chupaca
08-26-2015, 11:51 PM
Have also seen GPS refered to as GBPS (gear box postioning sensor). But would check that they are not referring to the CAPS (cam positioning sensor) or the CAP (cranckshaft position sensor) both of which are rotational markers..:dontknow: where or why did this come up..??

ruthie
08-27-2015, 08:17 AM
Why I asked about this, well my 2014 RT went into limp mode 3 times so I asked my dealer about it. The dealer hooked up my Spyder to BID nothing showed up but said that they would send the information to BRP. Well a week later BRP had sent them the senor and installed it yesterday.
I did not remember to ask what this senor does so thought I would ask the next best source.

Bob Denman
08-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Drew knows the sensors... he's either tried, or has managed, to disconnect most of them! :bowdown:

obiwanbill
05-24-2021, 04:28 PM
read your post about angle rotation sensor. I have same issue with my 2008. I got the part, but the repair side of dealer blocked up for 2 more months. when the stuck in the new one (looks simple enough for me to do on own), did they have to hook up the computer also?

obiwanbill
05-24-2021, 04:35 PM
I'm ignorant. who's drew? Need to ask him ?? about angle rotation sensor. Shop booked up 2 months from now. mechanic buddy pulled it out said it was shot. 7 weeks later get part, but mechanic quit, gone. Looks simple enough to replace. after that, do I have to get it plugged into the canam master computer at the dealer (also a 2 month wait)

Snowbelt Spyder
05-24-2021, 06:30 PM
Hi Bill. Just in case you hadn't noticed, you tagged on to the back end of a 6 year old thread. So, it makes things a little harder. Yes, that's a picture of the Gear Box Position Sensor. And, if I understand you correctly, your mechanic buddy has already removed your Gear Box Position Sensor and you just got the new part. So, you know where it goes. There's not much to it, just align the sensor with the flat on the shaft and reinstall. A lot of folks that have done this as a DIY job, have gotten by without having to do the Reset procedure with the dealer computer. It all depends. Once you get it installed, take it out and go through all of the gears and see what happens. Good Luck.