PDA

View Full Version : Do they do this to YOUR roads??

Bob Denman
08-26-2015, 08:16 AM
:shocked: Our Town's Highway Department is out here, spraying tar into all of the cracks in the road surfaces... :gaah:
What this means to me: The bike gets parked, until they get done with this :cus:.
I'd rather have tar al over the Jeep, than my RT... nojoke

Stuck inside...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114684&stc=1

bruiser
08-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Yeah, we get the same thing here. They also pour tar on the road then drop gravel on it. What a freaking mess that is. I try to stay off those roads for at least a week until all the gravel is worn off.

Bob Denman
08-26-2015, 08:28 AM
When you're forced back into your four-wheeled "cage"; does it make you feel like this? :shocked:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114686&stc=1

webweaver
08-26-2015, 09:13 AM
One of the best roads in Arkansas is getting chipsealed next week. That would be hwy 7, a great ride but I will stay off 'til the chipseal is really sealed. :ani29: Penny

Chupaca
08-26-2015, 09:21 AM
but the weather being what it is here they don't do much repair work like that. Must also be why tires seem to last longer here. Remember back in CT if they didn't fill in all the holes and crack by spring the roads were barely driveable...:banghead::banghead: didn't have the spyder then and scary on the sport wing....:yikes:

garb55
08-26-2015, 09:45 AM
:shocked: Our Town's Highway Department is out here, spraying tar into all of the cracks in the road surfaces... :gaah:
What this means to me: The bike gets parked, until they get done with this :cus:.
I'd rather have tar al over the Jeep, than my RT... nojoke

Stuck inside...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114684&stc=1

So if you are behind a poultry truck
You'd be Tar and Feathered :roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-26-2015, 10:01 AM
:shocked: I resemble that remark... :shocked:

Chupaca
08-26-2015, 12:25 PM
So if you are behind a poultry truck
You'd be Tar and Feathered :roflblack:

And run outta town...:roflblack::roflblack:

pegasus1300
08-26-2015, 01:38 PM
They do this in Utah too. Nasty stuff. Takes a week or two until enough cars have gone over it to really seal it down. I hate it,that and tar snakes.

Saluda
08-26-2015, 01:48 PM
I think with the high cost of resurfacing you seem to see more of the crack filling and sealing. Out this way, parking lots too.

ARtraveler
08-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Tar snakes are a common road hazard here. It is a cheaper alternative to a re-pave job, but the results are much better with the re-pave.

Here, it takes forever for them to do the re-pave. The contractors stake their claim to the job by tearing up the old surface, leaving it gravel, or grooving it. Then it sits for a couple months before the job gets completed. The Old Glenn Highway out of Palmer has been torn up since June. An assorted mess for fifty miles or so. This is the highway that most come in on when they leave the Alcan Highway and cross into Tok. It was still a PIA to drive on last Saturday. Of course, its one of our "scenic ride" areas. :(

They have about six weeks before the freeze and snow comes.

NtA group: It is going to snow in Denali tomorrow. Common around the first of September.

RBS66
08-26-2015, 05:12 PM
They just chip sealed my whole neighborhood and a bunch of local roads in my area. My brother went down on his Harley last weekend on one of those roads.

Mazo EMS2
08-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Every summer, all summer, here in WI. It sucks, but it's better than having the suspension torn off your vehicle in January when the frost is heaving everything. Horse a piece I guess.

NautiBrit
08-26-2015, 08:50 PM
NtA group: It is going to snow in Denali tomorrow. Common around the first of September.

That's great news, maybe now we'll be able to see the tops of those mountains.

spydaman60
08-26-2015, 08:53 PM
Yeah, we get the same thing here. They also pour tar on the road then drop gravel on it. What a freaking mess that is. I try to stay off those roads for at least a week until all the gravel is worn off.they do that here in jersey, but it's like heavy oil and then gravel. man that sux!!:yikes:

Cognac
08-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Every summer, all summer, here in WI. It sucks, but it's better than having the suspension torn off your vehicle in January when the frost is heaving everything. Horse a piece I guess.

You know the old joke - in Wisconsin we have two seasons, winter and road repair. They are tarring all the roads up here in the north west part of the state now as well.

daveinva
08-26-2015, 11:12 PM
You know the old joke - in Wisconsin we have two seasons, winter and road repair.

Try living in D.C.-- we don't have winters. Road "repair" alllllll yearrrrrrr lonnnnnnng :banghead:.

Bob Denman
08-27-2015, 07:21 AM
That's true... :shocked:
We may have frost damage... :gaah:
But YOU guys get daily traffic jams!! :banghead::gaah::cus::gaah::cus:

kngfsh27
08-30-2015, 05:09 PM
I was out in western Kansas. This is the Kansas out by Colorado. Since I was on a mission during 90+ degree weather, I drove the car. Really glad I did. They were putting down tar and covering it with pea gravel on Highway 27.:banghead: That is not a highway, that is a gravel road. The next day I ran into it again. Glad I was in the car.:banghead:

wd8ajj
08-30-2015, 05:16 PM
W have many black snakes all over our roads here in New Mexico. All I can say is WEEEEEEEEEEE

AY4B
08-30-2015, 08:00 PM
They are doing it here in Texas ass well, On the plus side,Spyders do not get near as squirrely as the two wheelers, its like trying to ride on marbles.