PDA

View Full Version : jan 14th ride nh/ma

tatt2r
01-14-2009, 02:11 PM
made it out of garage went for a cruize with better half for breakfast in north andover mass at a friends diner then to winham nh to buddys bike shop got a lot of thumbs up from people very cold but felt good to get out on spyder ... who said riding season in nh is only 4 months today marks 11 months of riding ...:coffee: now i'm going to stick my feet in a cup of coffee ...:D
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=637&stc=1&d=1231960183
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=638&stc=1&d=1231960216
the second pic is from iphone:coffee:

BRPjunkie
01-14-2009, 03:05 PM
made it out of garage went for a cruize with better half for breakfast in north andover mass at a friends diner then to winham nh to buddys bike shop got a lot of thumbs up from people very cold but felt good to get out on spyder ... who said riding season in nh is only 4 months today marks 11 months of riding ...:coffee: now i'm going to stick my feet in a cup of coffee ...:D
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=637&stc=1&d=1231960183
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=638&stc=1&d=1231960216
the second pic is from iphone:coffee:

Why not just jump in that coffee hot tub you carry on the passenger seat?

M2Wild
01-14-2009, 03:59 PM
The Weather channel said it feels like 1F but that would be if your standing still. Going 50 mph on the Spyder would make it a lot colder. Ya better make that 2 cups of coffee ... one for each feet.

nickcaro
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Although this past week has been getting real cold, I'm still riding to work.

I'm running a Gerbings liner and gloves along with an arsenal of tech layers. My heated gloves then go inside a set of Gortex snowboarding gloves.

Upper body is nice and toasty, but this week my knees, hips and feet just started taking a hit. Stopped of at EMS to pick up some of those instant heat pads, threw some in my boots and taped some to my knees and I was all good. So today I picked up Gerbings pant liners and socks!

Friday is supposed to seriously cold and if the snow is plowed early tomorrow, I'll push through that as well. I'm so happy to still be riding to work this late in the season.

NancysToy
01-14-2009, 07:59 PM
What happened to all that ice and snow, you lucky devil? I shoveled again in front of the garage today, does that count?
-Scotty

tatt2r
01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Long underware .. Gloves jacket ... No heat ... No big windshield ... But cool if you are still riding just too cheap to buy heated suit maybe next year .... Had to drive over ice and snow in driveway did pretty good over it ... Windchill was rough at 80 on highway but awesome to be riding

dltang
01-14-2009, 08:13 PM
tatt2r, you are definitely more hard core than me. I ride cold but I think single digits are out of my range. Of course it doesn't matter right now because it won't stop snowing long enough to clear the roads.

tatt2r
01-14-2009, 08:19 PM
nothing to do with being hardcore just numb from the neck up:coffee:

Monique
01-14-2009, 09:27 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

frleo
01-14-2009, 09:43 PM
I rode the Outlander to barns and plowed with the Kodiak today. 6" of new snow 7F and 20mph wind. Didn't feel compelled to roll the spYder out of the cave.

Had to take the 330Xi Beemer to town for a new windshield. Roads over the mountain more like ice rink. Glad for the X factor.

---leo---

SLO RYDER
01-14-2009, 10:30 PM
WOW!!!

You guys are tough, I ride pretty much every day here in Northern California rain or shine but you folks take the cake.

Sorry but they say we should be 60 to 70 degrees until next Saturday.

Myself and Spyderhead went down Hwy 1 out of Carmel California last Saturday what a beautiful day. Put on about 250 miles that day.

tatt2r
01-15-2009, 09:52 AM
WOW!!!

You guys are tough, I ride pretty much every day here in Northern California rain or shine but you folks take the cake.

Sorry but they say we should be 60 to 70 degrees until next Saturday.

Myself and Spyderhead went down Hwy 1 out of Carmel California last Saturday what a beautiful day. Put on about 250 miles that day.

we all hate you in new england:D:coffee:

bdspyder
01-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Weather has taken a turn for the worst here in Florida. We have a cold front moving in and the temperture is plummeting from the 70's down to the 60's. I think I'm going to put some stabilize in the tank, hook up the battery tender and cover her up till things start warming up again.:shocked:

NancysToy
01-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Well, it looks like you will beat me, Tatt2r. :firstplace: No January ride in West Michigan. We have 22" of snow on the ground right now, and the streets and drive are still very thick snow pack. Temperature zero again. Below zero seven of the last eight mornings. The usual January thaw is now forecast to be barely 32 degrees for one day this week, then back to frigid. Looks like January is a bust. You win! :bowdown:
-Scotty http://forum.thestompbox.net/images/smilies/1a_snow.gif

dltang
01-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Yeah Scotty, I was just thinking today, I am running out of days in the month to get a January ride in. I may have to get the spyder out just for the sake of saying I rode every month of the year. But as you say, we have a lot of snow and getting to any main roads right now would be a trick. Heck even the main roads aren't completely clean. Our road and all secondary roads are still snow covered and we have mounds of snow all around. I am determined though, we will see what happens.

bjt
01-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Weather has taken a turn for the worst here in Florida. We have a cold front moving in and the temperture is plummeting from the 70's down to the 60's. I think I'm going to put some stabilize in the tank, hook up the battery tender and cover her up till things start warming up again.:shocked:

Very funny. :D

Roaddog2
01-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Weather has taken a turn for the worst here in Florida. We have a cold front moving in and the temperture is plummeting from the 70's down to the 60's. I think I'm going to put some stabilize in the tank, hook up the battery tender and cover her up till things start warming up again.:shocked:That is just not right:spyder: