PDA

View Full Version : Ante Up

BRPjunkie
01-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Everyone likes to list mods and accessories, but who is willing to convert that to $$$$ (excluding clothing, maintenance and insurance costs). Silver Spyder (shipping, dealer set up, taxes, title, BRP BEST), tour windshield, sportrack/backrest, 1" riser, handlebar emblems, muffler deflector and Nelson Rigg bags and I am right at $20,000. We know that Lamonster has 25,000 miles, but there has to be a few who beat that mark in dollars. Yellow and red owners get a slight advantage and SE5 owners get a big bump, but who is willing to claim the title, King or Queen of Spyder spending.

SpyderDog65
01-14-2009, 04:28 AM
Everyone likes to list mods and accessories, but who is willing to convert that to $$$$ (excluding clothing, maintenance and insurance costs). Silver Spyder (shipping, dealer set up, taxes, title, BRP BEST), tour windshield, sportrack/backrest, 1" riser, handlebar emblems, muffler deflector and Nelson Rigg bags and I am right at $20,000. We know that Lamonster has 25,000 miles, but there has to be a few who beat that mark in dollars. Yellow and red owners get a slight advantage and SE5 owners get a big bump, but who is willing to claim the title, King or Queen of Spyder spending.

well i bought my red se5 with the 6 spoke rims and 1inch riser installed when i picked it up and it was 20,720 out the door and then i spent 425 on a Venom Exhaust by Motad and another 140 on some kury handgrips and footpegs, then another 260 for the NMN tripleplays and fender tips and se5 990 carbon fiber handlebar inserts,i forget what i paid for the mono seat cover i think it was like 150 bucks but i may be wrong, I won the Propad gelseat cushion at a Toy run in Dec, i thinks thats everything so far and im sure i can spend a few thousand more i want those badass Elka Shocks and either a Russell daylong seat or a Corbin i havent decided yet and i wouldnt mind getting an alarm and a stereo system put on it so much stuff so little money lol hope that helps out a bit :) Michael

Magic Man
01-14-2009, 06:36 AM
, but who is willing to claim the title, King or Queen of Spyder spending.

Me :D

MM

NancysToy
01-14-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't keep track...and don't care to know. It would probably scare me silly! :yikes:
-Scotty

bjt
01-14-2009, 08:48 AM
I don't keep track...and don't care to know. It would probably scare me silly! :yikes:
-Scotty

:agree:

Can I count buying one for my wife as an accessory? :D

BRPjunkie
01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
-Scotty

That's what started me thinking. I was lobbying for the rack and Givi cases and trying to tell my wife we had less than $20k in the Spyder and I was off by about $1,000. It sneaks up on you and does start to scare you when you think I'll just add one more thing.

BRPjunkie
01-14-2009, 09:37 AM
:agree:

Can I count buying one for my wife as an accessory? :D

Brian (Deb),

No tag team entries for this thread. This is for the King OR Queen of Spyder Spending. :firstplace: Maybe we can have another thread for the Royal Couple of Spyder Spending. You two will certainly be contenders for that crown.

M2Wild
01-14-2009, 10:30 AM
I like my Spyder ... but I prefer to be at the bottom of this list. Hehehehe:clap:

Getting the good stuff cheap is my motto.

Magic Man
01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Getting the good stuff cheap is my motto.

GOOD, FAST or CHEAP you only get to pick two. :D

MM

NancysToy
01-14-2009, 12:00 PM
GOOD, FAST or CHEAP you only get to pick two. :D

MM
...and you can't use FAST and CHEAP in the same sentence.
Old Racer's Rule
-Scotty

SpyderGirl
01-14-2009, 01:51 PM
I know there are others who have spent way more than me. I've spent about $25K but that doesn't include other expenses like gas, insurance, and service - just the cost of the machine + accessories. I have about 9900 miles on my Spyder -- picked her up 2/19/2008.

BRPjunkie
01-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Me :D

MM

Your majesty and likely rightful claimant to the throne of Spyder spending,

Most of us sink money into our Spyder with only the hope of depreciation of the bike and all its add ons. You on the other hand have a chance to get back some of your investment through sales of your great mods. That seems unfair. If your claim as King is to be accepted by the humble masses, then maybe we are looking for the Prince or Princess of purchases. I know someone has eclipsed the $25k mark, but no one probably wants to admit it in case their spouse is watching the posts.

Your humble Spyder jester :joke:

Magic Man
01-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Most of us sink money into our Spyder with only the hope of depreciation of the bike and all its add ons. You on the other hand have a chance to get back some of your investment through sales of your great mods.

As Mel Brooks said in one of his movies, (History of the world part II)
"It's good to be the king!" Sometimes my job does have it's advantages. :D

You are right, as I do get to play with my Spyder "in the name of R&D" so the wife can't yell at me when I do. :2thumbs:

I don't really know the exact number invested in ether the SM5 of our new
already done over SE5? But then again I don't think I want to ether. :shocked:

All I know is my accountant says I'm going to give him gray hair. :yikes:

MM

BRPjunkie
01-14-2009, 10:02 PM
As Mel Brooks said in one of his movies, (History of the world part II)
"It's good to be the king!" Sometimes my job does have it's advantages. :D

You are right, as I do get to play with my Spyder "in the name of R&D" so the wife can't yell at me when I do. :2thumbs:

I don't really know the exact number invested in ether the SM5 of our new
already done over SE5? But then again I don't think I want to ether. :shocked:

All I know is my accountant says I'm going to give him gray hair. :yikes:

MM

Long live the King. Maybe SpyderGirl gets to be Queen with her near $25k total since no one else apparently wants to claim the crown.

dltang
01-14-2009, 11:06 PM
i refuse to add up my totals. I just enjoy each mod as I put it on. I am sure, I have a pretty hefty investment in my spyder though.

BRPjunkie
01-14-2009, 11:21 PM
i refuse to add up my totals. I just enjoy each mod as I put it on. I am sure, I have a pretty hefty investment in my spyder though.

Deb,

From the list at the bottom of your post, we could add most of them up, except for your one of a kind and priceless paint job. My guess is that if you are not queen, you are definitly in the royal family.