PDA

View Full Version : Bushtec Trailer

Trickie Dick
08-24-2015, 03:53 PM
I'm thinking about getting a used Bushtec to tow behind my RT. I would appreciate any feedback from those who have/had one on an RT. I would especially like to hear about wiring it to the square 4 on the RT. I know they are great trailers for motorcycles and I see no reason why they wouldn't be with the RT. Anyone have a Rt-622s that had a Bushtec or vice versa?

arntufun
08-24-2015, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure why you would want to tow this behind your Spyder, but to each there own I guess........ :p

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114617&stc=1

Tango
08-25-2015, 09:44 AM
Bushtec makes a great trailer. :thumbup: Keep in mind, you can only get tires from them. :hun: Awkward size only they sell. :dontknow: Tom :spyder:

rpatsh
08-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Bushtec makes a great trailer. :thumbup: Keep in mind, you can only get tires from them. :hun: Awkward size only they sell. :dontknow: Tom :spyder:

Tires last really well and only cost $69.00 to replace.
That being said I just bought a used one to pull behind the F3, just waiting for a hitch now.

fencepost
08-25-2015, 10:30 AM
I will be taking my F3 to Bushtec September 24 for them to build a hitch. Was told they needed the bike for three weeks so I would guess they may be available by end of October or first part of November.

rpatsh
08-25-2015, 10:41 AM
I will be taking my F3 to Bushtec September 24 for them to build a hitch. Was told they needed the bike for three weeks so I would guess they may be available by end of October or first part of November.

Are you going to get the first one free for letting them use your F3 for design purposes?

fjray
08-25-2015, 12:50 PM
Tires are available from a number of sources. Keep in mind that any trailer other than the one built for the Spyder voids the warranty. At least that's what it says in book and the dealer told me the same. I will keep my bushtec because IMHO they are among the best built.

Trickie Dick
08-25-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm not too concerned about the tire issue. The ones on it only have 700 miles plus he is throwing in another set of tires and wheels. If I wear both those out then my wheels are badly out of line or I've ridden more miles than my old body could take.:roflblack:

Big Arm
08-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Keep in mind that any trailer other than the one built for the Spyder voids the warranty. At least that's what it says in book and the dealer told me the same.

Get Real !!!!!!!!

ursamajor35126
08-25-2015, 08:22 PM
I tow a Roadstar GT behind my RT Ltd. I never know it's there. Tracks flawlessly. If you get the camber set right AFTER the trailer is loaded the tires should last a long time. Standard motorcycle size available many places. The larger diameter wheels make it ride so much smoother than the trailers with 12" wheels. Only drawback is it REQUIRES the Bushtec Pin type hitch. I installed the standard BRP hitch and replaced the ball with a Bushtec pin. As for wiring..... I had a pro do mine.... can't help you much there.

Trickie Dick
08-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate your "vote of Confidence". I'm picking the Bushtec up next week. I installed the pin hitch on the RT today. I think I'll be alright with the wiring. Big Arm sent me a wiring diagram(Thanks, I appreciate it) plus I'm getting a little help from an ole Spyderlovers member, Scotty aka Nancy's Toy. I think I'm in good hands.:thumbup:

fjray
08-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Get Real !!!!!!!!

That's what it says in the accesories catalog and what the dealer told me while talking trading my wing. That's the reality of it. True story.

sliderrj
09-07-2017, 04:56 PM
I know this is an old thread, but to those that have or had a Bushtec trailer, how did you wire it to the BRP harness.

sylvester
09-07-2017, 06:27 PM

Why would you have them make a hitch, they do not use a ball you can buy the can am or other hitch buy the receiver from bushtec and weld it to the existing hitch depends on the price and of course time. You will have to go to Electrical Connection to get the proper harness made if you have a 17 f-3 this will have to be done. Bushtec makes a great product have had them since 83:yes::2thumbs: In an emergency you can use a bycicle tire these are tubed tires.

sliderrj
09-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Why would you have them make a hitch, they do not use a ball you can buy the can am or other hitch buy the receiver from bushtec and weld it to the existing hitch depends on the price and of course time. You will have to go to Electrical Connection to get the proper harness made if you have a 17 f-3 this will have to be done. Bushtec makes a great product have had them since 83:yes::2thumbs: In an emergency you can use a bycicle tire these are tubed tires.

Talked with Lewis @ Elictrical Connection and they don't have a harness that will connect to the individual wiring for the lights. Suggested I rewire the Bush technology light wiring to match the F3T.

sylvester
09-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Talked with Lewis @ Elictrical Connection and they don't have a harness that will connect to the individual wiring for the lights. Suggested I rewire the Bush technology light wiring to match the F3T.

diff electrical connection they make them there should get mine this week this ec is out of tennesee it's a 3 part plug and play my bushtec is an older one and it's 5 prong not feasable to rewire the trl you need an isolator harness and a 4 to 5 conversion their #865 219 9192 now this is for a f-3 limited 2017 don't know about earlier models

jaybird1
09-07-2017, 08:15 PM
I'm thinking about getting a used Bushtec to tow behind my RT. I would appreciate any feedback from those who have/had one on an RT. I would especially like to hear about wiring it to the square 4 on the RT. I know they are great trailers for motorcycles and I see no reason why they wouldn't be with the RT. Anyone have a Rt-622s that had a Bushtec or vice versa?

I have a Bushtec that I tow with my RT and I forget it's there. Just got back from putting a 1000 miles and had no problems. Also, got my trailer used, but had it wrapped to match my Spyder.

ridesilver2009
09-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Have Bushtec Turbo !!. Pulled behind my '09 GS with Electrical Connection Universal wiring harness and '12 RT-S with BRP wiring harness with my own adapter cable. Use 6 wire connections which includes a 12V + wire for the Bushtec inside light. Pulling with a '15 RT-L with Big Bike parts Plug-Play Harness. Pulled many a miles, no problems, and yes you can get IRC tires at various tire stores and M/C Shops, not just from Bushtec. I'm running IRC tires with the same tread pattern as my original Bushtec tires. BTW, my Bushtec is a 1989 model. Get a Bushtec. You'll never know you are pulling a trailer Happy Trailering :yes:

PrairieSpyder
09-08-2017, 09:51 AM
I know this is an old thread, but to those that have or had a Bushtec trailer, how did you wire it to the BRP harness.

I have Bushtec trailer I bought used. I bought a trailer module and hitch pin from them. I replace the ball on my BRP hitch and had Harvey install the wiring module.