PDA

View Full Version : GPS question

Cognac
08-21-2015, 09:43 PM
My STL came with a Garmin Zumo 660. In Automobile mode I can get a list of the steps it plans to take on the suggested route by touching the top of the screen. When I change to Motorcycle mode, that does not work. I like to double check that the GPS has a good plan before I follow its directions. Does anybody know how to get it to list the step by step directions in Motorcycle mode?

Cognac
08-24-2015, 06:53 AM
Found it. If you wait a couple of seconds before you press the green "GO" button to start you route, a gray box pops out to the left of "GO". Press that box and you can get to the steps and you can change from "Fastest" to "Shortest" to determine which route you want to take.

I also tested a couple of routes in different modes. In Automobile it puts me on the Interstate Highway. In Motorcycle mode it avoids the Interstate.

Bob Denman
08-24-2015, 06:59 AM
:clap: I didn't know that :shocked:
Thanks! :thumbup:
In the past, I have run up a Google map for the trip, and then had a running hatchet-fight with the Garmin in an attempt to get it to go the way that I want to! :banghead:

Cognac
08-24-2015, 02:46 PM
I just created a "custom route" by touching points on the map view. A bit tedious but let me set up the exact and somewhat complicated route I wanted to try. Nice feature.

WEB-WVR
08-24-2015, 02:53 PM
Cognac:

I have a 2014 COgnac ST-L also.

I have not yet read, installed or powered up my GPS.

QUESTION: Is it preloaded with the maps and data or do you need to enroll, pay $, download ?

Is there an annual fee for the service or is it free.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

missouriboy
08-24-2015, 04:50 PM
...In Automobile it puts me on the Interstate Highway. In Motorcycle mode it avoids the Interstate.This might be Selectable in the Tools Setup mode.

...I have run up a Google map for the trip, and then had a running hatchet-fight with the Garmin in an attempt to get it to go the way that I want to!Enter your final destination first, then enter some waypoint... it will ask "New Destination or ???(waypoint)?" Click waypoint. (Or am I thinking of my car's Garmin... which isn't a Zumo? I'm not home to check right now.)

Bfromla
08-24-2015, 05:18 PM
I just created a "custom route" by touching points on the map view. A bit tedious but let me set up the exact and somewhat complicated route I wanted to try. Nice feature. fyi my expierance with that (spyderfest poker run)was good till i stopped for gas & "recaculating" & ferw options poped up it did not continue my route but revised & pointed me fastest route to the last stop :banghead: is good to play around with & learn the programing b4 out on road & add a Sd card for the extra memory save lots of favorites & can create folder file for them, I do by events, then go into edit where you can arrange more, various icons & such.

DrewNJ
08-24-2015, 07:42 PM
Anymore I just use Google maps on my phone. This way I can create a custom route from the comfort of my computer and send it to myself, then open it on my phone for navigation.

Google maps is also very good for finding gas stations and places for food too. Just type in "food"....haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk