PDA

View Full Version : Seats

DriftersWay
08-21-2015, 06:43 AM
May be a stupid question but I have got to ask.
What is the difference between a standard seat, a comfort seat and a limited seat?

Thanks

Bob Denman
08-21-2015, 07:03 AM
The comfort seat actually gives the operator of the bike about two more inches of legroom...

...at the expense of the available area for the passenger! :shocked:
(Test them out, before you buy!)
The seat on the Limited, is just a standard seat...

ARtraveler
08-21-2015, 02:13 PM
:agree: x 2. The BRP Comfort seat in addition to the two inches more back room for the driver, is a little more firm. I can go a hundred miles on the comfort as opposed to fifty miles on the OEM before having to get off and stretch.

It would be nice to have a "special" upline seat on the LTD models--but that got lost in the shuffle. You pays your money and you gets nothing for it when it comes to the seat.

JayBros
08-21-2015, 02:53 PM
:agree: X 3. I ordered the Comfort Seat at purchase specifically for the extra leg room and rode the OEM seat only on prebuy test ride of 50 or so miles. My time on the Comfort Seat is limited only by the gas tank size although I do break more frequently to stay refreshed. For me it was the lowest dollar risk for an other than OEM seat and I hit a home run with my choice.

Pampurrs
08-21-2015, 02:55 PM
The comfort seat actually gives the operator of the bike about two more inches of legroom...

...at the expense of the available area for the passenger! :shocked:
(Test them out, before you buy!)
The seat on the Limited, is just a standard seat...

What Bob said: plus the comfort seat is avaiable with heat, whereas the standard seat does not offer heat. :banghead:

I'm perfectly fine with my stock seat. I rode over 2,000 miles to texas and back on this seat, and only had to stop for gas. No aches or pains because of it. Everyone's ass is different though, so your mileage may vary.

Pam

Bob Denman
08-21-2015, 04:57 PM
Pam is right... :lecturef_smilie: Listen to your ass; you'll be glad that you did! :D